EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Nordica, Back in Black for 2013 with the FireArrow EDT84, Patron Pro and Helldorado
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nordica, Back in Black for 2013 with the FireArrow EDT84, Patron Pro and Helldorado - Page 2

post #31 of 38

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braquage View Post

Can you compare the boot to this year's Lange RS130 as far as stiffness goes?  Liner Quality?

Thanks

 


The Patron Pro is a bit stiffer than the RS 130 and is a bit firmer in fore-mid foot fit. Liner qualities are similar.

 

SJ

post #32 of 38

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post



 

Haven't had the binding off but I doubt it. 
 



No change other than graphics on Unleashed Hell. If you need to demo it, Start Haus has it. 

 


Thanks

post #33 of 38

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim View Post

 

 


The Patron Pro is a bit stiffer than the RS 130 and is a bit firmer in fore-mid foot fit. Liner qualities are similar.

 

SJ

 

^ less volume than the rs130/rx130 LV in the foot? (which is good for me). Can you compare instep height? Falcon was too low for me and the rx130 (97) might be a tad too high.

 

thx

post #34 of 38

The new version of the Patron Pro has less volume in the roof area than the RS 130. Probably roomier in that area than a Falcon but probably not by much.

 

SJ

post #35 of 38

Is Nordica making a FireArrow EDT ski in a 74mm waist for 2013? I demoed the 2012 FA74 EDT last Winter and was blown away by it.

post #36 of 38

Has anyone skied the 80ti and the 84EDT? Is there that much of a difference to justify the cost? I skied the 80ti last season more than I wanted to due to the conditions, but when I did, I really liked it. I thought it held a very good edge at high speeds on very hard stuff.

 

The 84EDT has really caught my eye though.

post #37 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc7 View Post

Has anyone skied the 80ti and the 84EDT? Is there that much of a difference to justify the cost? I skied the 80ti last season more than I wanted to due to the conditions, but when I did, I really liked it. I thought it held a very good edge at high speeds on very hard stuff.

 

The 84EDT has really caught my eye though.

 

Completely different animals. Personally, I was not a fan of the (older design) XBi/XBS binding system, which I felt had a disconnect with the ski, as compared to the newer EVO plate. The shape of the ski and profile on the 84EDT also creates a more positive snow contact snow contact with it's GS inspired shape. So, is the cost difference worth it? A resounding YES!

post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

 

Completely different animals. Personally, I was not a fan of the (older design) XBi/XBS binding system, which I felt had a disconnect with the ski, as compared to the newer EVO plate. The shape of the ski and profile on the 84EDT also creates a more positive snow contact snow contact with it's GS inspired shape. So, is the cost difference worth it? A resounding YES!


We'll it looks like I'll be adding another to the arsenal. Gotta make room first.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Nordica, Back in Black for 2013 with the FireArrow EDT84, Patron Pro and Helldorado