I was wondering if their is any park and pipe/all mountain ski that is under $200. I was hoping to get a mens ski from 160-164 cm. it can have bindings and it can be used. Thanks guys
Related Forum Threads
- Blizzard Twin Tips/Freeride Skis Last post on 12/11/09 at 1:11am in Ski Gear Discussion
- #SkiHappy Photo Contest - Sponsored by Skiessentials.com, Tecnica, Blizzard, GoStowe, and More! Last post on 4/1/15 at 2:16pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Thumbnail reviews from the 2015 SIA/Mammoth on snow testing: Living in the 80's, All... Last post on 2/19/15 at 5:27pm in Member Gear Reviews
- Thumbnail reviews from the 2015 SIA/Mammoth on snow testing: 70-80mm Hard Snow Biased Carvers Last post on 3/9/15 at 6:19am in Member Gear Reviews
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 3/6/15 at 1:59pm in Member Gear Reviews
Blizzard's Flip Core Rocker: Understanding the Construction...
Last edited: 9/12/13
- 2013 EpicSki Gear GuideLast edited: 12/7/12
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Last edited: 10/26/12
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Last edited: 9/27/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
Skied here for 3 days during a Canadian Rockies trip. Unfortunately it was in March of 2015 which was the warmest winter the area had seen in 50 years! Lots of bare areas at the bottom but plenty...
I usually try to get there early - good snow quality and less crowded, spend most of the time on the backside of the mountain. Terrain more varied and advanced with some bumps to enjoy. One of...
I went to Sun Peaks occasionally between 1999-2001 as a temporary resident. I returned in March 2015 as a visitor. (Please bear in mind that 2014-15 was probably the worst snow year in ages.) A lot...
First impression: The first impression was the strong edge grip. Please note that I put a 1 degree bevel on the base and a 3 degree bevel on the sides. I normally ski a 1 and 2 but the factory...
Right up front, it's the plug ugliest ski I have had on my feet since the 1960's so why oh why does it have to be so damned good that I want to own it. I am not usually critical of looks but it...
what is the cheapest park ski?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/9/12 at 12:53pm
The best option is to check out the gear swap area.
I'm not sure you'll find anything for your $$ available, but you never know.
Some specific skis to look for are Nordica Ace of Spades, Blizzard Solution, Line Circus (?), Rossignol Sprayer......
Last season Start Haus had a few pair of the Blizzard Solution on their close out rack, not sure if they have any park skis this season.
Good Luck!!post #3 of 64/10/12 at 10:51am
I got a pair of 2011, K2 Silencers for $199.00. I did a quick search and didn't see much in stock online anymore, but you can try to find some.
I skied 11 days on them this season and they are a great all-mountain ski. I read reviews where people said they are a decent park ski too. Unfortunately, I don't ski park anymore after breaking my tib/fib clean through.post #4 of 64/10/12 at 10:53am
SierraTradingPost.com usually gets some good deals if you are just looking for a ski and don't care about make/model.
If you just want something cheap I've got some 06 Volkl Dogen's kicking around, the bindings are the Marker Free series which are worth more than the ski. I bought the ski in 2008 new. Skied for a half season and switched but did ski park so I will check edges and such before selling them to give an accurate assessment.
If you are an aggressive skier outside of the park look else where, I went up to the Wall since the Dogens are soft core skis that handle ok in the park but would not be a great all around ski. If you have any interest I would sell them for $150 with the bindings. I live near Boston in case you need shipping.
Picture of the ski. Again I can send real pictures and the whole deal if you are interested.post #5 of 64/10/12 at 11:17amQuote:
- what is the cheapest park ski?
- 2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 27 minutes ago
- › 2014 Volkl V Werks RTM 84, 176cm 58 minutes ago
- › Why did mid-entry boots fail? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › What are your personal goals for the 2014-15 season? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › 2016 Head Monster 88 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Volkl Code Speedwall S UVO 173 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Long steep runs in Colorado? 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 3 hours ago
- › Balance??????????? 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Alta and Snowbird Parking Recommendations 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Fernie Alpine Resort by ExWanabe
- › Liberty Mountain by GeeWhiz
- › Sun Peaks by jhkc
- › 2015 Blizzard Brahma Skis by choucas
- › 2015 Rossignol Experience 100 by Pierre
- › Stratton Mountain by IndyDog
- › Okemo Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Outdoor Research Filament Down Pullover by qcanoe
- › Sugarbush by bosrocker51
- › Apex ML 2 Ski Boot by Trekchick
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing