I was wondering if their is any park and pipe/all mountain ski that is under $200. I was hoping to get a mens ski from 160-164 cm. it can have bindings and it can be used. Thanks guys
Related Forum Threads
- Blizzard Twin Tips/Freeride Skis Last post on 12/11/09 at 1:11am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Tecnica/Blizzard Raffle for Jr Ski Racers @ Mt Hood Last post on 7/6/14 at 1:44am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- 2014 Blizzard Brahma Last post on 3/27/14 at 12:06pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- More from WWRSA at Alpine Meadows - 2014 100-ish skis Last post on 2/12/13 at 4:36pm in Member Gear Reviews
- 2014 Blizzard Scout Video Review Last post on 2/1/13 at 9:48pm in Member Gear Reviews
Blizzard's Flip Core Rocker: Understanding the Construction...
Last edited: 9/12/13
- 2013 EpicSki Gear GuideLast edited: 12/7/12
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Last edited: 10/26/12
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Last edited: 9/27/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
This book by David Gonzales attempts to cover Jackson Hole ski resort history, culture, and all the little quirks that make JH such a cool place to be. There are chapters on summer activities,...
Of course, weather accounts for a tremendous amount of one's ski experience, and my trip to China Peak followed a tremendous storm in which they got more snow than anywhere else in California, so...
Mountain High faces daunting challenges: three small areas with a few miles between them; low elevation; unreliable snowfall; a very small town at the base. But what they do within those...
Snow Summit in nice conditions is a fantastic area: fun and varied terrain (although nothing to challenge an expert), and beautiful scenery under the SoCal sun. The grooming is great. They stay...
I had bad luck with the snow, but still very much enjoyed my time at Heavenly. Access from Stateline and South Lake Tahoe couldn't be easier. The Stateline casinos are fun, and the views are...
what is the cheapest park ski?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/9/12 at 12:53pm
The best option is to check out the gear swap area.
I'm not sure you'll find anything for your $$ available, but you never know.
Some specific skis to look for are Nordica Ace of Spades, Blizzard Solution, Line Circus (?), Rossignol Sprayer......
Last season Start Haus had a few pair of the Blizzard Solution on their close out rack, not sure if they have any park skis this season.
Good Luck!!post #3 of 64/10/12 at 10:51am
I got a pair of 2011, K2 Silencers for $199.00. I did a quick search and didn't see much in stock online anymore, but you can try to find some.
I skied 11 days on them this season and they are a great all-mountain ski. I read reviews where people said they are a decent park ski too. Unfortunately, I don't ski park anymore after breaking my tib/fib clean through.post #4 of 64/10/12 at 10:53am
SierraTradingPost.com usually gets some good deals if you are just looking for a ski and don't care about make/model.
If you just want something cheap I've got some 06 Volkl Dogen's kicking around, the bindings are the Marker Free series which are worth more than the ski. I bought the ski in 2008 new. Skied for a half season and switched but did ski park so I will check edges and such before selling them to give an accurate assessment.
If you are an aggressive skier outside of the park look else where, I went up to the Wall since the Dogens are soft core skis that handle ok in the park but would not be a great all around ski. If you have any interest I would sell them for $150 with the bindings. I live near Boston in case you need shipping.
Picture of the ski. Again I can send real pictures and the whole deal if you are interested.post #5 of 64/10/12 at 11:17amQuote:
- what is the cheapest park ski?
- 2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
- › Can I just say 34 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking, right now? 35 minutes ago
- › Too many dead skiers... 35 minutes ago
- › Exam costs 52 minutes ago
- › Buying Race ski size 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Are you prepared for the new season? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › New to Snow Blades 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › When are you skiing the Boat this season? Post your dates [2014-15] 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Which Atomic Boot? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Steamboat First tracks Sale 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole: On a Grand Scale by SpikeDog
- › China Peak Sierra Summit by New2Utah
- › Mountain High Resort by New2Utah
- › Snow Summit by New2Utah
- › Heavenly by New2Utah
- › Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort by New2Utah
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by GoodSki
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 by JayT
- › Massif du Sud by pouetance
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by sinbad7
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York
- › SUN PEAKS RESORT unofficial guide
- › Unofficial Guide to Castle Mountain Resort