I was wondering if their is any park and pipe/all mountain ski that is under $200. I was hoping to get a mens ski from 160-164 cm. it can have bindings and it can be used. Thanks guys
Related Forum Threads
- Blizzard Twin Tips/Freeride Skis Last post on 12/11/09 at 1:11am in Ski Gear Discussion
- #SkiHappy Photo Contest - Sponsored by Skiessentials.com, Tecnica, Blizzard, GoStowe, and More! Last post on 4/1/15 at 2:16pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Thumbnail reviews from the 2015 SIA/Mammoth on snow testing: Living in the 80's, All... Last post on 2/19/15 at 5:27pm in Member Gear Reviews
- Thumbnail reviews from the 2015 SIA/Mammoth on snow testing: 70-80mm Hard Snow Biased Carvers Last post on 3/9/15 at 6:19am in Member Gear Reviews
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 3/6/15 at 1:59pm in Member Gear Reviews
Blizzard's Flip Core Rocker: Understanding the Construction...
Last edited: 9/12/13
- 2013 EpicSki Gear GuideLast edited: 12/7/12
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Last edited: 10/26/12
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Last edited: 9/27/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
This second instalment from Klaus Mair (KM) is a bit more serious, a lot more advanced and fun! Many learnt so much from the first video and it was a good laugh too with good music. Gontlath is...
For the money that you pay the boot is surprisingly low quality and badly build/thought over. You pay the most money of all the boots out there (maybe Strolz is a bit more expensive but atleast in...
Took a trip to Winter Park on two occasions in the winter of 2014/2015. The first trip was three days mid December, the second trip was three days in late February. Both occasions the snow was...
We broke up our two days at Snowmass with a day at Aspen Highlands. When I come back to Aspen someday, it's likely I will spend most of my time at Highlands and Ajax. Highlands in particular,...
We took a bit of a risk in visiting Aspen towards the end of the season to score cheaper lodging, but were rewarded with fantastic spring weather. Snowmass, Highlands, and Ajax all hold snow quite...
what is the cheapest park ski?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/9/12 at 12:53pm
The best option is to check out the gear swap area.
I'm not sure you'll find anything for your $$ available, but you never know.
Some specific skis to look for are Nordica Ace of Spades, Blizzard Solution, Line Circus (?), Rossignol Sprayer......
Last season Start Haus had a few pair of the Blizzard Solution on their close out rack, not sure if they have any park skis this season.
Good Luck!!post #3 of 64/10/12 at 10:51am
I got a pair of 2011, K2 Silencers for $199.00. I did a quick search and didn't see much in stock online anymore, but you can try to find some.
I skied 11 days on them this season and they are a great all-mountain ski. I read reviews where people said they are a decent park ski too. Unfortunately, I don't ski park anymore after breaking my tib/fib clean through.post #4 of 64/10/12 at 10:53am
SierraTradingPost.com usually gets some good deals if you are just looking for a ski and don't care about make/model.
If you just want something cheap I've got some 06 Volkl Dogen's kicking around, the bindings are the Marker Free series which are worth more than the ski. I bought the ski in 2008 new. Skied for a half season and switched but did ski park so I will check edges and such before selling them to give an accurate assessment.
If you are an aggressive skier outside of the park look else where, I went up to the Wall since the Dogens are soft core skis that handle ok in the park but would not be a great all around ski. If you have any interest I would sell them for $150 with the bindings. I live near Boston in case you need shipping.
Picture of the ski. Again I can send real pictures and the whole deal if you are interested.post #5 of 64/10/12 at 11:17amQuote:
- what is the cheapest park ski?
- 2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
- › Anyone had MSC (aka Regenexx) done to knee and ski'd to tell about it? 2 minutes ago
- › The argument against demoing skis 6 minutes ago
- › Trying to take a ski trip, don't know where to go. [from... 8 minutes ago
- › Wildfire season 2014 - So it begins 23 minutes ago
- › Chile forecast 2015 30 minutes ago
- › Which 90-100mm ski for hard snow grip, quickness + flotation? 37 minutes ago
- › 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 40 minutes ago
- › When did you start having a quiver? 44 minutes ago
- › The 2016 EpicSki Gathering at Aspen Colorado in early February 47 minutes ago
- › Best skis for ambitious upper intermediate woman? And test first,... 50 minutes ago
- › Sofa Ski School: From Blue to Powder by dustyfog
- › Daleboot VFF Pro by Peter Rogers
- › Winter Park by Hitman
- › Aspen Highlands by F2BNG
- › Snowmass by F2BNG
- › Alta by putting4par
- › Belleayre Mountain by GreyPilgrim
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by Speeder
- › 2015 Head i.Supershape Titan Skis by VinceK
- › Saddleback by JonD999
- › Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3