EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Ski recommendations -wimmins?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ski recommendations -wimmins? - Page 2

post #31 of 48
Thread Starter 


Graphics.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

I'm curious, what is the spreadsheet list based on if she hasn't demo'd yet? 

 

 


(And, FWIW, I haven't really made a spreadsheet, I was merely messing with the Epic table feature in a j/k way, but I'm starting to think maybe I should make one.)

 

post #32 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post


Graphics.

 


(And, FWIW, I haven't really made a spreadsheet, I was merely messing with the Epic table feature in a j/k way, but I'm starting to think maybe I should make one.)

 



Basing any ski purchase(or demo for that matter)  on graphics means missing out on some great opportunities. nonono2.gif

 

 

post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post



Basing any ski purchase(or demo for that matter)  on graphics means missing out on some great opportunities. nonono2.gif

 

 

 

And it's so ... girly.
 

 

post #34 of 48

For me, going though this last year, there were just lots and lots of skis I would NEVER be happy having on my feet because they were so ugly. Almost all of my skis are race skis which have minimal and (to my eye) inoffensive graphics but I would no more use ugly skis than I would buy a jacket I thought was ugly. I guess I am Girly and proud of it. And there are enough good skis that you can find one where you like the looks AND performance. It is harder to be fussy but worth it to me. I also wonder how popular the DPS Wailer would be with the men if it were pink with Hello Kitty figures all over it.

post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsirin View Post

I also wonder how popular the DPS Wailer would be with the men if it were pink with Hello Kitty figures all over it.


That would be huge. You're sitting on the lift next to some guy with Iron Maiden skis and the HK Wailer would absolutely rock. biggrin.gif
Edited by NayBreak - 4/12/12 at 7:49am
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by NayBreak View Post


 

I would say that she prioritizes a 'quick' (read: safe) ski over speed in concept, but in practice the grin is a lot bigger at out speed with stability - she hadn't skied in a decade before last season while we had four kids and confidence wasn't terribly high.  Not sure that relates at all for you, but I think part of buying skis for somebody else is to nudge them to take the next step while you ski with them and provide encouragement.  Otherwise, why get in the middle with something more complicated than say an iPad?

 


I was already subconsciously thinking along these lines, and the proof is - there is a pair of undrilled chickSquads squirreled away in the basement.      

 

Just in case. 

 

In case there's a zombie apocalypse  as she's offloading Snowbird tram and she needs to get out quick.  

 

Or something.  

 


See, now the Zombie Acopolypse is a good requirement. I think you have to go Kastle, because the hollow tech eye confuses them.
post #37 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NayBreak View Post


See, now the Zombie Acopolypse is a good requirement. I think you have to go Kastle, because the hollow tech eye confuses them.


I can vouch for their performance in that department: since I put my Kastles into service last month, I have not been approached by a single zombie (that I noticed).

post #38 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post



Basing any ski purchase(or demo for that matter)  on graphics means missing out on some great opportunities. nonono2.gif

 

 



So - skis like a Koa but looks like a Kastle (or a Shiro or a Bridge or a Powd'air or a Squad)  - y'all got nothin?

post #39 of 48

How about a custom job for the top sheet?  Rode the lift with the Leopard Man at Snowbird with skis that matched his cape and one-piece . . . some Blizzards.

post #40 of 48

Watea 88th_dunno-1[1].gif?

post #41 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladL View Post

Watea 88th_dunno-1[1].gif?



...is on the "demo if we can find 160s" list.

 

 

E88
Koa 88

Watea 88

 

+whatever strikes her fancy from Kastle/Scott/Nordica in 2013

post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsirin View Post

. I also wonder how popular the DPS Wailer would be with the men if it were pink with Hello Kitty figures all over it.


Or for that matter, the DPS Yvette (light blue), even though it is identical in construction to the yellow Wailer.  
 

 

It's funny that there should be any concern over graphics, since I can never see them.  There's almost always snow obscuring the graphics.  Now, the bright green sidewalls on the Head Mya's that my GF demo'd, that I could see.

post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post



Basing any ski purchase(or demo for that matter)  on graphics means missing out on some great opportunities. nonono2.gif

 

 



So - skis like a Koa but looks like a Kastle (or a Shiro or a Bridge or a Powd'air or a Squad)  - y'all got nothin?


The Koa is sexy enough...drippy as it is. No serious girl should be offended by that top sheet of all things.
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredUsername View Post

 

 

It's funny that there should be any concern over graphics, since I can never see them.  There's almost always snow obscuring the graphics.  



F-ing braggart.

 

 

 

wink.gif

post #45 of 48

Ummmmm.......................FWIW...........................not all Wimmins see things the same way. (axe my ex -wife). However, among our employees and associated "consultants" are several wimmins that gay-rone-teed ski the pizz outttta most guys. Without exception they like the KOA graphics.

 

Just sayin'.................................biggrin.gif

 

SJ

post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Basing any ski purchase(or demo for that matter)  on graphics means missing out on some great opportunities. nonono2.gif

 



Don't get me started.....duel.gif

 

post #47 of 48
Thread Starter 



I'm trying to remember how that  "You date your skis"   saying worked, again.       I'm pretty sure that when combined with
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post



Basing any ski purchase(or demo for that matter)  on graphics means missing out on some great opportunities. nonono2.gif

 

 



...the results could be scary.

post #48 of 48


At long last I have some evidence that I have 'girly' tendencies.  I was getting worried that I was secretly a man because most women's skis are butt ugly and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.  The same could be said for ski boots, pants (women's don't even have the right shape), helmets, jackets and so on and so forth.  It has been very frustrating to find sporting equipment that fits, has the features that I want and looks good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsirin View Post

For me, going though this last year, there were just lots and lots of skis I would NEVER be happy having on my feet because they were so ugly. Almost all of my skis are race skis which have minimal and (to my eye) inoffensive graphics but I would no more use ugly skis than I would buy a jacket I thought was ugly. I guess I am Girly and proud of it. And there are enough good skis that you can find one where you like the looks AND performance. It is harder to be fussy but worth it to me. I also wonder how popular the DPS Wailer would be with the men if it were pink with Hello Kitty figures all over it.



 


Edited by billieryder - 4/13/12 at 6:10pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Ski recommendations -wimmins?