Well I'll see how Copper is holding up today (afternoonish). Haven't skied it before... thought I'd give it a try.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemCopper Mountaintagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on Yesterday at 8:00 am in Trip Reports
- Copper Tickets for Group Last post on 3/15/17 at 5:48pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Newbie to Alpine skiing - where to start? [from Denver - a Beginner Zone topic] Last post on 2/10/17 at 9:07pm in Beginner Zone
- Request for input related to deciding between Copper, Winter Park or Steamboat for family trip Last post on 1/27/17 at 2:24pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Colorado resort advice requested [family with tweens, beginner/intermediate, from Tampa] Last post on 1/21/17 at 11:50pm in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the April
Skiing Copper Today
Gear mentioned in this thread:
looked decent, all things considered, when I drove by it on Sunday. The north facers in the front side look to be holding up ok, but it may take a bit of time to soften today as it seemed a bit cooler this a.m. than it has been. With that said, prime time recently has been somewhat on the early side as it has been getting warm quickly with overnights barely below freezing at the lower altitudes.
Enjoy and please post back as I have a friend coming in this weekend with a Copper pass.
Have fun ... on Tuesday, the snow on the east side took longer to soften than the snow on the west side. Timberline lift is probably skiing pretty well, then later afternoon go over to Super Bee and Excelerator. (Both Monday and Tuesday were a bit different, though, so it's hard to say...)
Copper was pretty good today. It was colder than I thought it'd be and I acutally had to put my coat back on after trying skiing without it and my first run down the Bittersweet lived up to it's name. I thought it looked like a nice easy cruiser warm up run but it was quite icy (eastern style). It softened up later as Seg mentioned above as did most of the runs. I headed to Timberline per Seg's advice and it was great. I was skiing the bumps under in the Timberline chair on Little Burn and they had softened up nicely by the time I got there so alternated runs in the bumps with checking out the other runs by the Timberline chair. The snow coverage was pretty good. At 2 I headed over to Superbee oh and went up Rendezvous to get some photos. I didn't have time to ski it all today, I only had 3.5 hours when i got there. But what i skied was holding up, with just a few thin spots I had to be careful on. I-drooper I took on the cross over a few times and the bumps were nice and soft but it was thinning out. The top was a little thin, you'll see in a few pictures and maybe won't hold up for the weekend but the rest looked to me like it should.
Little Burn under Timberline Chair.
Looking up at Sierra, the area that is thinning but was still open today.
I think this was looking over from Rendezvous chair.
General coverage on most runs other then the very top.
- Skiing Copper Today
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 14 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 24 minutes ago
- › Bad idea to practice on 27m skis before a 30m race? 34 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Before and after 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview