Hi - Curious if anyone here has skied the Viva Ultrasonic Sport Full Suspension. It appears to be a female version of the G-Power, in white, 1 mm wider, but with same oil piston suspension. Would assume it handles a lot like the G-Power, but ???
Related Forum Threads
- Buying Ski's Online [for a woman in New Zealand] Last post on 5/18/13 at 7:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Help choosing an int-adv woman's ski Last post on 4/3/14 at 11:17am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Time to get new skis? Last post on 1/25/13 at 9:14am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Women's Ski for Cautious Intermediate Skiier? Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Looking to upgrade/switch skis Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:44pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Blizzard Viva Ultrasonic Sport FS reviews?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi - No, was around this year, just nearly invisible. Imagine G-Power in white, but syn/wood stringer core instead of solid wood, same carbon rails but no metal, same oil piston design. My wife was convinced by her instructor to give up her beloved 5*, am looking for something with modern design, weight, but same feel. She's a power skier, all about grip, but needs something that handles general frontside conditions, bumps. Was thinking of a short Supersonic, actually, came across this. Different approaches to the same issue.
They may have dropped it; if you go to Blizzard's site, and get to the Viva's, and you know how the little ski's bounce into view? There will be one white and green ski. They call it the Viva Ultrasonic Sport Full Suspension, seems like the same one you're calling the Viva Ultrasonic Power IQ. Appears to be a white version of the male Ultrasonic, shorter lengths. And can be found here and there on the net. But maybe they brought it out for a year, then have dropped it for 2013.
It is available in Europe for next year but not the states. It's the female version of the Ultrasonic. The construction is similar
to a 7.6 but with the added power system. This power system found on the Ultrasonic skis is not the same as the power system found on the G-Power, M-Power, S-Power. It's shorter and is essentially plastic instead of carbon fiber. Gives the skis a similar feel but again the whole ski is a lighter/softer construction. If she's coming off a 5 star and really wants grip I'm not sure the Ultrasonic construction would be right for her. I think you were right in trying to find her a short Supersonic.
- Blizzard Viva Ultrasonic Sport FS reviews?
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Stockli Stormrider 88, 177cm, w/Marker Griffon demo bindings, $425 7 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 9 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 10 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 14 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 37 minutes ago
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer