Hi - Curious if anyone here has skied the Viva Ultrasonic Sport Full Suspension. It appears to be a female version of the G-Power, in white, 1 mm wider, but with same oil piston suspension. Would assume it handles a lot like the G-Power, but ???
Related Forum Threads
- Buying Ski's Online [for a woman in New Zealand] Last post on 5/18/13 at 7:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Help choosing an int-adv woman's ski Last post on 4/3/14 at 11:17am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Time to get new skis? Last post on 1/25/13 at 9:14am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Women's Ski for Cautious Intermediate Skiier? Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Looking to upgrade/switch skis Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:44pm in Ski Gear Discussion
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Blizzard Viva Ultrasonic Sport FS reviews?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi - No, was around this year, just nearly invisible. Imagine G-Power in white, but syn/wood stringer core instead of solid wood, same carbon rails but no metal, same oil piston design. My wife was convinced by her instructor to give up her beloved 5*, am looking for something with modern design, weight, but same feel. She's a power skier, all about grip, but needs something that handles general frontside conditions, bumps. Was thinking of a short Supersonic, actually, came across this. Different approaches to the same issue.
They may have dropped it; if you go to Blizzard's site, and get to the Viva's, and you know how the little ski's bounce into view? There will be one white and green ski. They call it the Viva Ultrasonic Sport Full Suspension, seems like the same one you're calling the Viva Ultrasonic Power IQ. Appears to be a white version of the male Ultrasonic, shorter lengths. And can be found here and there on the net. But maybe they brought it out for a year, then have dropped it for 2013.
It is available in Europe for next year but not the states. It's the female version of the Ultrasonic. The construction is similar
to a 7.6 but with the added power system. This power system found on the Ultrasonic skis is not the same as the power system found on the G-Power, M-Power, S-Power. It's shorter and is essentially plastic instead of carbon fiber. Gives the skis a similar feel but again the whole ski is a lighter/softer construction. If she's coming off a 5 star and really wants grip I'm not sure the Ultrasonic construction would be right for her. I think you were right in trying to find her a short Supersonic.
- Blizzard Viva Ultrasonic Sport FS reviews?
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 2 minutes ago
- › WTB moment deathwish 184 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage skis for sale Head 360, Rossi Strato, Dynamic, Spalding,... 23 minutes ago
- › 2nd pair to join my 2011 Volkl Mantras in Colorado? 27 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 28 minutes ago
- › Enforcer 93 vs. Kore 93 30 minutes ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 39 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 40 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 43 minutes ago
- › Semantics 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview