I view the PCMR lease dispute in the same way I view player strikes in the NFL, NBA & MLB -- there is far too much money at stake for the dispute to end up cancelling a season. It just isn't going to happen despite courtroom blustering.
Related Forum Threads
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- Biggest Ski Resort in the U.S. (Park City) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:26am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Utah to announce plan for 7 resort interconnect Last post on 9/18/14 at 5:52pm in Skiing News
- First Utah Trip - A Sampling of 7 Different Ski Areas! (January 5 - 13) Last post on 2/1/13 at 3:27pm in Trip Reports
- Park City, Utah Slopestyle Edit (Terrain Park) Last post on 4/9/12 at 7:29pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Park City, UT - A Pictorial
Last edited: 9/20/15
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/17/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Park City Lease Dispute - - Page 3post #61 of 639/9/13 at 7:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 639/9/13 at 10:56amQuote:
Major league seasons have been canceled before.* Ouch! Anyhow, the only person at fault for killing a season at PCMR should that occur is John Cumming (Powdr Corp.). If PCMR wins In court he has no problems except for locals being pissed off at the high season pass pricing when compared to the pricing from Vail Resorts. If PCMR loses he can pay a market lease payment (whatever the heck that is) or sell the resort or close. This is his choice. If PCMR loses the suit they have no one to blame but themselves for not buying the UPCM lease ("Let's allow someone from Canada buy it since it provides no cash flow.", not renewing the lease on time, and then backdating signatures and lying about it. If PCMR was going to lie, why didn't they lie with competence and get their own version of Rose Mary Woods to make a few emails disappear into thin air? Nixon had no problems with the tapes, did he? At least Nixon lied with style and had much better sound bites than Jenni. Nixon left DC for San Clemente where he could get away from the shame. But what about Jenni? Will she stay in PC if the locals, who finally figured out she lied to them, show up on her front lawn with pitchforks, sickles, and torches? Well, they do that on The Simpsons.
Inept criminals sometimes end up in the slammer. In the case of rich lawyers who lie to the court, getting dinged for violating ethical behavior and getting nailed with disciplinary action is a real possibility. Being replaced by another law firm is a given. I don't think E&O insurance pays off if a lawyer is involved in a crime, and/or if the lawyer is part of the business decisions of a company that committed a crime. But when you bill at $600 an hour + travel time and expenses, a comfortable retirement is not in question.
Edited by quant2325 - 9/9/13 at 11:41ampost #63 of 639/9/13 at 12:26pmThread Starter
Since there are two threads on this topic, I'm locking this one and sharing a link to the most recent thread about this.
This thread is locked
- Park City Lease Dispute -
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 49 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Demo bindings 4 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer