Afternoon all. I'm heading down to Mammoth in a couple weeks and am in between skis right now. This being the case, I need to rent and would like to know the best spots to rent near the mountain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- itemMammothtagged by System, 5/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Family’s First Time at Mammoth Mountain February 24-26th, 2017 Last post on 3/2/17 at 9:12pm in Trip Reports
- Advice for April Skiing this Year? Last post on 3/3/17 at 8:11am in General Skiing Discussion
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mammoth Mountain on a Budget Last post on 12/14/16 at 10:43am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 Last post on Yesterday at 1:18 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a rental at the main lodge, plenty of demo's. When ever I rent there I swap out skis all day long so I can demo a bunch.
Or try Footloose, but honestly the rental at the main lodge is so much easier.
Depends on if you want to demo or just pick one ski for the day and go with it. If you are demoing with the thought of purchasing, absolutely rent at the mountain (at either main or Canyon lodges.) I think Main has a better selection but you can swap out skis at either location (I rented at Canyon and swapped out at Main--got some Black Pearls there and ended up buying them!) Total cost is $59 per day with mandatory insurance. If you DO buy, they apply that amount to the purchase price.
If you are just wanting to rent for the day, Footloose is right on the main drag into town, as is Kittridge. I think they are priced comparably. On-mountain rentals are a good $15 more per day vs. at one of the shops in town. If you are set on a certain ski, call the shops to see if they have it. Footloose does not carry Blizzard, for instance. Not sure what Kittridge carries as I have not been there. Footloose does carry Kastle.
If you aren't too picky, there are other cheaper alternatives in town but I'm not sure of the quality of ski you will get.
Hope it keeps snowing-another storm forecast for next weekend after the 5+ feet they just got We're heading up in a couple weeks also and would love to see some powder!
- Mammoth Rentals
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 10 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 11 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 12 minutes ago
- › Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 25 minutes ago
- › Help! All Mountain or Frontside? (Volkl 81 RTM/Salomon 8.0/Atomic... 55 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise 110 or Dynafit Radical CR boots for new AT setup? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Do not buy Rossignol SOUL 7's (or any of their products for that... 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 4 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!