Afternoon all. I'm heading down to Mammoth in a couple weeks and am in between skis right now. This being the case, I need to rent and would like to know the best spots to rent near the mountain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- itemMammothtagged by System, 5/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 Last post on 10/20/16 at 8:31am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth April 23-25 Last post on 5/2/16 at 12:44pm in Trip Reports
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- Mammoth Mid May Worth It? Last post on 4/29/16 at 6:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a rental at the main lodge, plenty of demo's. When ever I rent there I swap out skis all day long so I can demo a bunch.
Or try Footloose, but honestly the rental at the main lodge is so much easier.
Depends on if you want to demo or just pick one ski for the day and go with it. If you are demoing with the thought of purchasing, absolutely rent at the mountain (at either main or Canyon lodges.) I think Main has a better selection but you can swap out skis at either location (I rented at Canyon and swapped out at Main--got some Black Pearls there and ended up buying them!) Total cost is $59 per day with mandatory insurance. If you DO buy, they apply that amount to the purchase price.
If you are just wanting to rent for the day, Footloose is right on the main drag into town, as is Kittridge. I think they are priced comparably. On-mountain rentals are a good $15 more per day vs. at one of the shops in town. If you are set on a certain ski, call the shops to see if they have it. Footloose does not carry Blizzard, for instance. Not sure what Kittridge carries as I have not been there. Footloose does carry Kastle.
If you aren't too picky, there are other cheaper alternatives in town but I'm not sure of the quality of ski you will get.
Hope it keeps snowing-another storm forecast for next weekend after the 5+ feet they just got We're heading up in a couple weeks also and would love to see some powder!
- Mammoth Rentals
- › Ski size question 5 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season, bought used Solomon Scream W] 8 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 39 minutes ago
- › Picture of the day... 51 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › How to fix cracked ski edge 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer