EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Front Range conditions over the next 2 weeks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Front Range conditions over the next 2 weeks

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 

As evidenced by my recent flurry of starting new threads, we're considering skiing somewhere in the Front Range from Tues 3/27 through Fri 3/30.  Considering the lack of snow this year, recent warm temps and low chance of snow in the forecast how do you think conditions will be towards the end of March?  Since we have kids we'll be skiing mostly on the groomers but the kids love the adventure zones that go through trees as well.  We're planning on being in the Denver area that week but, if conditions are pretty marginal, might just stay around Denver and not drive up to ski.  Thanks!

post #2 of 4

I think at this point, I'd hold off booking anything that you couldn't cancel.

post #3 of 4

Honestly, late season is the best time to take children skiing;  low crowds, mild weather, discount prices on everything.  The chances are good that most high elevation CO ski areas will still have enjoyable amounts of open terrain at that time.  You can stay in the mountains at a destination resort or commute 50 minutes to affordable ski areas closer to Denver like Loveland or Eldora.  Stay attuned to developing snow conditions, take shred's advice to hold off on bookings if you prefer, but bottom line, just do it.smile.gif

post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesj View Post

Honestly, late season is the best time to take children skiing; 


I would agree with that.  But that last week is still spring break and I don't know how discounted it will be.

 

I just spoke with a friend on the lift in Aspen.  He said the skiing was really good today, but you never know what tomorrow will bring?

With the low snow pack, I don't know if many resorts can take two more weeks of this warmth?  

 

I think you could still book at the last minute from Denver?

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Front Range conditions over the next 2 weeks