As many of you have heard by now, Philpug and I were united in marriage during an Epic wedding celebration during the EpicSki Gathering at Tahoe.
The wedding took place at Schaffer Camp at Northstar, Wednesday February 29th on a powder day!!
The plan was to have the ceremony on the deck with gorgeous views, but ULLR made its presence known and the events were moved inside. That did not suck!
It seems completely appropriate for the Bride and groom to be donned in contemporary versions of classic ski wear from Sportswear of Sweden (SOS).
For inquiring minds………
The Bride wore the Duffy Anorak from SOS’s Legacy line in Pelican/Patriot Blue with detachable fake fur trim. The complimenting pants are SOS’ Vesper Pants in Rio Red. My wedding shoes had 3 buckles and a power strap!!!
The Groom wore the matching men’s Duffy Anorak in Patriot Blue/Pelican, which was nicely complimented by the Legacy Pant in Pelican
Andy Miller, the Dynastar Rep, officiated the ceremony, (what could be more fitting?). Tyler Pugliese (Proskub) served as best man, as Emily Kotch (Luvbug) served as maid of honor. The vows included ski terminology, of course, and the groom agreed to “not prerelease”. The wedding was attended by 48 Bears who enjoyed a Champagne toast before heading out to enjoy the amazing snow conditions!
There are so many people to thank for making this a great event.
- Starting with the members of this community. Bears Rock!
- Sportswear of Sweden for providing the wedding outfits that we LOVE
- Andy Miller for taking time out of a powder day to marry us
- Proskub for making the trip from SanFrancisco on terrible roads.(and back to SF). Your presence here was “it”
- Chris Ryman for giving us the generous gift of a Champagne toast for our friends, and for setting up the venue at Schaffer Camp
- Clem, Finndog, and FairtoMiddlin for arranging the sushi celebration at Mikuni’s. You are great friends.
- Haynes who convinced Clem to give me away.
- Bazzer and Bob Barnes for being our official wedding photographers. You captured a lot of great shots and showed just how happy this celebration was/is.
There is nothing more exciting than marrying your best friend and ski buddy in the midst of friends who know and appreciate the value of a quick ceremony so that we could all get back out on the slopes, after all, it was an Epic Powder Day at Northstar!
Edit: correct the spelling of Ullr as noted by SKi-3PO below. I am soooo ashamed.