I think we might toss the bikes on the back of the car.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- More from WWRSA at Alpine Meadows - 2014 100-ish skis Last post on 2/12/13 at 4:36pm in Member Gear Reviews
- If you could be sponsored... Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:11am in General Skiing Discussion
- Ski Magazine Buyer's Guide 2013 -Test Skis Disclosed Last post on 6/27/12 at 10:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Nordica and Blizzard Junior Race Skis - Someone with Industry Knowledge Last post on 4/27/12 at 8:11am in Ski Gear Discussion
- More Tahoe demos: Blizzard Dakota, Samba, Gunsmoke; Dynastar Cham 107; Head Rev 105 Last post on 3/19/12 at 4:05am in Member Gear Reviews
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Edited on 12/7/12
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingEdited on 5/25/11
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilEdited on 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsEdited on 5/28/13
- Ski Essentials Interview with Jed Duke of Blizzard Sports U.S.A....Edited on 10/26/12
I own the helldorado's and have put about 25 days on them here in the PNW through every kind of snow imaginable, from knee deep pow to wind blown to cement to small bumps to icy hardpack to...
I haven't had a chance to do more than a dry run with the intercom system. My intention was to use it with one of our blind students in our adaptive program, but that never came to fruition. I...
This is a summertime purchase. I'll provide an on-snow review when I can. I picked up this boot at an off-season sale at the Boot Doctors in Telluride, together with a custom footbed....
Sun Valley owner Earl Holding recently passed away (2013) but he wanted to leave a legacy in the Sun Valley resort. The millions he invested into the on mountain lodges, manmade snow making...
A picture paints a thousand words so here's a promo video for the resorts in New South Wales http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ESezPu_7I1A
A-basin 2012 Mothers day??? - Page 9post #241 of 2635/7/12 at 10:06amThread Starterpost #242 of 2635/7/12 at 10:15ampost #243 of 2635/7/12 at 10:35am
Current forecast looks good for Mother's Day bbq! Maybe we'll go outlet shopping on Friday. ;-) Noaa's forecast is actually better looking than this, calls for high of 55 on Friday. Who knows.post #244 of 2635/7/12 at 12:08pmpost #245 of 2635/7/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Yes, my guess is they just weren't making enough $$ to justify the amount of snow work they were having to do (and had to do all flipping season.) Needed more people up there. Staying open into July last season probably didn't help the bottom line, either, but that was a novelty that needed to happen. The combination of the two .... I really don't know ... as I said, totally guessing, but wouldn't surprise me.post #246 of 2635/7/12 at 12:34pm
I skied Saturday and it was very nice. There were a number of rocks showing through, though. I dinged a bunch of loose rocks and one solidly embeded one. Hike to ought to be nice. Loveland Pass on the A-Basin side is not worthy of any attempts. I suspect the Loveland side would be hike in hike out.post #247 of 2635/7/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep. It'll deteriorate quickly now that they have stopped attending to it.post #248 of 2635/10/12 at 5:03pm
Bummer about the Basin!
Sadly, I will not be there, though if there is to be a year to miss it, this is the one.
Goodness, compared to last year or the one before, there's nothing there.
I heard it was Finn's fault...
Here's the Zuma cam from today:
Mid mountain not as bad, will there be hiking to ski?
Blame it on these guys?post #249 of 2635/10/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #250 of 2635/10/12 at 8:58pmpost #251 of 2635/11/12 at 12:10am
Day one is on the books, many long time traditionalists (for this weekend at Abasin) have arrived at the house, from East Coast, West coast, and even across the pond.
Tog, we've been talking about you. Will be watching the news to see what you're up to.
Daria, you'd be a welcomed addition to this tradition!post #252 of 2635/11/12 at 6:33amThread Starter
We are all adjusting real well. We will have to start taking a few more pics like...
Yeah...the margaritas were flowing...thanks Steve for showing us how to make them killer.post #253 of 2635/11/12 at 8:20am
Wow, I just spoke with Phil, the accommodations sound pretty awesome. I sent a PM to Tam to see if she's up for driving down. I had cortisone injections yesterday afternoon in my ankle and they are going to be working on a nerve in my leg/ankle today. I am so psyched for todays rehab..... its really not up for a 2 hour drive times 2......post #254 of 2635/11/12 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Finndog
Wow, I just spoke with Phil, the accommodations sound pretty awesome. I sent a PM to Tam to see if she's up for driving down. I had cortisone injections yesterday afternoon in my ankle and they are going to be working on a nerve in my leg/ankle today. I am so psyched for todays rehab..... its really not up for a 2 hour drive times 2......
Lemme know when you want to come over; I hear it's a nice drive.post #255 of 2635/11/12 at 8:27ampost #256 of 2635/11/12 at 9:19amThread Starter
Since we can't ski...we will drink. We are honoring each timezone represented here..so we will have 4 different "Happy Hours, England, EST, MTN and PST. Not skiing is tough...on the liver. DRINK.post #257 of 2635/11/12 at 10:53am
How many designated drivers on hand? Tough duty, but someone's gotta answer the call.
Have a great celebration my friends. Wish I were were there, but life intercedes some times.post #258 of 2635/11/12 at 1:30pmpost #259 of 2635/11/12 at 5:18pmpost #260 of 2635/11/12 at 5:59pmpost #261 of 2635/11/12 at 6:07pmpost #262 of 2635/11/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
Great plan! Just toss a banana peel under Finndog and you'll all be back in business tomorrowReturn HomeBack to Forum: Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go - ESA Discussions
- A-basin 2012 Mothers day???
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By Dawgcatching
- › Reasons to Ski Australia 16 minutes ago
- › Who taught you how to ski? 32 minutes ago
- › picture of the day... 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Look at my skis at least once a day-is it just me? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › 2013 Stockli Y85 177cm 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › What new skis for the wife? 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › heel pushing--how to stop? 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › heartcarving - a new way to ski 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Colorado Wildfires - 2013 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › 2013 Nordica Helldorado by lrn2swim
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by 4ster
- › 2013 Dalbello Scorpion SR130 by AlbuquerqueDan
- › Sun Valley Resort by ketchumid
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by veteran
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the... by nolo
- › GORE-TEX 101 by Fritzski
- › Mad River Glen: True Believers by nolo
- › In Praise of the Anti-Resorts by nolo
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo