I think we might toss the bikes on the back of the car.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thumbnail reviews from the 2015 SIA/Mammoth on snow testing: 70-80mm Hard Snow Biased Carvers Last post on 3/30/16 at 3:58pm in Member Gear Reviews
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- SIA On-Snow Demos at Copper Mountain, 2015-2016 skis Last post on 3/12/16 at 10:42pm in Member Gear Reviews
- More from WWRSA at Alpine Meadows - 2014 100-ish skis Last post on 2/12/13 at 4:36pm in Member Gear Reviews
- If you could be sponsored... Last post on 4/24/14 at 12:48pm in General Skiing Discussion
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Last edited: 12/7/12
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: Yesterday
- 2017 Blizzard Black Pearl ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2017 Blizzard Brahma ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
A-basin 2012 Mothers day??? - Page 9post #241 of 2635/7/12 at 10:06amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 2635/7/12 at 10:15am
you know that will result in a snow storm....post #243 of 2635/7/12 at 10:35ampost #244 of 2635/7/12 at 12:08pmpost #245 of 2635/7/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Yes, my guess is they just weren't making enough $$ to justify the amount of snow work they were having to do (and had to do all flipping season.) Needed more people up there. Staying open into July last season probably didn't help the bottom line, either, but that was a novelty that needed to happen. The combination of the two .... I really don't know ... as I said, totally guessing, but wouldn't surprise me.post #246 of 2635/7/12 at 12:34pm
I skied Saturday and it was very nice. There were a number of rocks showing through, though. I dinged a bunch of loose rocks and one solidly embeded one. Hike to ought to be nice. Loveland Pass on the A-Basin side is not worthy of any attempts. I suspect the Loveland side would be hike in hike out.post #247 of 2635/7/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep. It'll deteriorate quickly now that they have stopped attending to it.post #248 of 2635/10/12 at 5:03pm
Bummer about the Basin!
Sadly, I will not be there, though if there is to be a year to miss it, this is the one.
Goodness, compared to last year or the one before, there's nothing there.
I heard it was Finn's fault...
Here's the Zuma cam from today:
Mid mountain not as bad, will there be hiking to ski?
Blame it on these guys?post #249 of 2635/10/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #250 of 2635/10/12 at 8:58pmpost #251 of 2635/11/12 at 12:10am
Day one is on the books, many long time traditionalists (for this weekend at Abasin) have arrived at the house, from East Coast, West coast, and even across the pond.
Tog, we've been talking about you. Will be watching the news to see what you're up to.
Daria, you'd be a welcomed addition to this tradition!post #252 of 2635/11/12 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #253 of 2635/11/12 at 8:20am
Wow, I just spoke with Phil, the accommodations sound pretty awesome. I sent a PM to Tam to see if she's up for driving down. I had cortisone injections yesterday afternoon in my ankle and they are going to be working on a nerve in my leg/ankle today. I am so psyched for todays rehab..... its really not up for a 2 hour drive times 2......post #254 of 2635/11/12 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Finndog
Wow, I just spoke with Phil, the accommodations sound pretty awesome. I sent a PM to Tam to see if she's up for driving down. I had cortisone injections yesterday afternoon in my ankle and they are going to be working on a nerve in my leg/ankle today. I am so psyched for todays rehab..... its really not up for a 2 hour drive times 2......
Lemme know when you want to come over; I hear it's a nice drive.post #255 of 2635/11/12 at 8:27ampost #256 of 2635/11/12 at 9:19amThread Starter
Since we can't ski...we will drink. We are honoring each timezone represented here..so we will have 4 different "Happy Hours, England, EST, MTN and PST. Not skiing is tough...on the liver. DRINK.post #257 of 2635/11/12 at 10:53am
How many designated drivers on hand? Tough duty, but someone's gotta answer the call.
Have a great celebration my friends. Wish I were were there, but life intercedes some times.post #258 of 2635/11/12 at 1:30pmpost #259 of 2635/11/12 at 5:18pmpost #260 of 2635/11/12 at 5:59pmpost #261 of 2635/11/12 at 6:07pmpost #262 of 2635/11/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
Great plan! Just toss a banana peel under Finndog and you'll all be back in business tomorrow
- A-basin 2012 Mothers day???
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By Dawgcatching
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 8 minutes ago
- › Bode News 16 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 17 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 28 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer