I think we might toss the bikes on the back of the car.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thumbnail reviews from the 2015 SIA/Mammoth on snow testing: 70-80mm Hard Snow Biased Carvers Last post on 3/30/16 at 3:58pm in Member Gear Reviews
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- SIA On-Snow Demos at Copper Mountain, 2015-2016 skis Last post on 3/12/16 at 10:42pm in Member Gear Reviews
- More from WWRSA at Alpine Meadows - 2014 100-ish skis Last post on 2/12/13 at 4:36pm in Member Gear Reviews
- If you could be sponsored... Last post on 4/24/14 at 12:48pm in General Skiing Discussion
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Last edited: 12/7/12
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- 2017 Blizzard Black Pearl ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2017 Blizzard Brahma ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
A-basin 2012 Mothers day??? - Page 9post #241 of 2635/7/12 at 10:06amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 2635/7/12 at 10:15am
you know that will result in a snow storm....post #243 of 2635/7/12 at 10:35ampost #244 of 2635/7/12 at 12:08pmpost #245 of 2635/7/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Yes, my guess is they just weren't making enough $$ to justify the amount of snow work they were having to do (and had to do all flipping season.) Needed more people up there. Staying open into July last season probably didn't help the bottom line, either, but that was a novelty that needed to happen. The combination of the two .... I really don't know ... as I said, totally guessing, but wouldn't surprise me.post #246 of 2635/7/12 at 12:34pm
I skied Saturday and it was very nice. There were a number of rocks showing through, though. I dinged a bunch of loose rocks and one solidly embeded one. Hike to ought to be nice. Loveland Pass on the A-Basin side is not worthy of any attempts. I suspect the Loveland side would be hike in hike out.post #247 of 2635/7/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep. It'll deteriorate quickly now that they have stopped attending to it.post #248 of 2635/10/12 at 5:03pm
Bummer about the Basin!
Sadly, I will not be there, though if there is to be a year to miss it, this is the one.
Goodness, compared to last year or the one before, there's nothing there.
I heard it was Finn's fault...
Here's the Zuma cam from today:
Mid mountain not as bad, will there be hiking to ski?
Blame it on these guys?post #249 of 2635/10/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #250 of 2635/10/12 at 8:58pmpost #251 of 2635/11/12 at 12:10am
Day one is on the books, many long time traditionalists (for this weekend at Abasin) have arrived at the house, from East Coast, West coast, and even across the pond.
Tog, we've been talking about you. Will be watching the news to see what you're up to.
Daria, you'd be a welcomed addition to this tradition!post #252 of 2635/11/12 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #253 of 2635/11/12 at 8:20am
Wow, I just spoke with Phil, the accommodations sound pretty awesome. I sent a PM to Tam to see if she's up for driving down. I had cortisone injections yesterday afternoon in my ankle and they are going to be working on a nerve in my leg/ankle today. I am so psyched for todays rehab..... its really not up for a 2 hour drive times 2......post #254 of 2635/11/12 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Finndog
Wow, I just spoke with Phil, the accommodations sound pretty awesome. I sent a PM to Tam to see if she's up for driving down. I had cortisone injections yesterday afternoon in my ankle and they are going to be working on a nerve in my leg/ankle today. I am so psyched for todays rehab..... its really not up for a 2 hour drive times 2......
Lemme know when you want to come over; I hear it's a nice drive.post #255 of 2635/11/12 at 8:27ampost #256 of 2635/11/12 at 9:19amThread Starter
Since we can't ski...we will drink. We are honoring each timezone represented here..so we will have 4 different "Happy Hours, England, EST, MTN and PST. Not skiing is tough...on the liver. DRINK.post #257 of 2635/11/12 at 10:53am
How many designated drivers on hand? Tough duty, but someone's gotta answer the call.
Have a great celebration my friends. Wish I were were there, but life intercedes some times.post #258 of 2635/11/12 at 1:30pmpost #259 of 2635/11/12 at 5:18pmpost #260 of 2635/11/12 at 5:59pmpost #261 of 2635/11/12 at 6:07pmpost #262 of 2635/11/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
Great plan! Just toss a banana peel under Finndog and you'll all be back in business tomorrow
- A-basin 2012 Mothers day???
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By Dawgcatching
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 8 minutes ago
- › Tips for beginners over 40 or 50 or . . . 19 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Western Gathering 2017 Trip Report - Whistler Blackcomb 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Before and after 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 4 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 6 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 7 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview