Just watched the Big Sky segment of the Warren Miller Off The Grid flick (2004) - getting psyched! There is some really serious terrain on that mountain.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 2013 Epicski Gathering-Big Sky MT---ROLL CALL Thread Last post on 3/19/13 at 3:14pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Lodging Last post on 2/23/13 at 6:49am in 2013 EpicSki Gathering - Big Sky, Bridger Bowl, Moonlight Basin, Montana
- Big Sky Gathering Dates & Prices Last post on 7/5/12 at 6:20am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Another Big Sky Thread Last post on 8/31/13 at 5:54am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- January 7-14 ski trip out west (1st trip need help ) [chose Big Sky] Last post on 9/25/13 at 8:47pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- Unofficial Guide To Bridger BowlLast edited: 9/10/13
- Gathering 2009 Jackson HoleLast edited: 1/11/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2013 EpicSki Gathering: Big Sky Montana! - Page 19post #541 of 6673/2/13 at 2:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 6673/3/13 at 2:55pmRegarding food, in order of elevation and quality:
Mountain village options: Cabin, Andiamos, Chet's. for lunch the moonlight lodge, cabin, whiskey jack's - or just grab a yeti dog and keep skiing (that's why you came!) There are also three places to eat ON the mountain - Shedhorn Grill, burrito shack, and Black Kettle soup shack.
Meadow Village options: olive b's, lotus pad (very small make a reservation), first place pub, Broken spoke, milky's.
Canyon options: Corral, bucks, half moon, cinnammon lodge.
For breakfast try the blue moon bakery.post #543 of 6673/4/13 at 4:39ampost #544 of 6673/4/13 at 5:33amQuote:
3 years ago I did a day of demos at Lone Mountain sports...wasted my day as all of the skis I tried had horrible burrs on the edges which made them for all intents and purposes unskiable. Hopefully whoever was in charge of tuning at that time has been fired.post #545 of 6673/4/13 at 3:32pmQuote:
Good stoke it forward post! It has been so many years...err...decades (wtf, seriously, decades?!) since some youthful and fearless "wannabe just like GP--except for the mohawk" skiing on my rainbow colored K2 255's at BSky. What an opportunity (with a bit more wisdom, skill and appreciation) to return with friends. Good lord, throw in a little JH warm-up and Grand Targhee post stretch, and I might finally be inspired to try an new hairstyle.post #546 of 6673/4/13 at 6:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by NJskier164Quote:
3 years ago I did a day of demos at Lone Mountain sports...wasted my day as all of the skis I tried had horrible burrs on the edges which made them for all intents and purposes unskiable. Hopefully whoever was in charge of tuning at that time has been fired.
I did a personal demo day last year from Lone Mtn Sports. No issues. Very helpful staff. Good selection for me . . . petite woman. One reason I have Blizzard Black Pearls waiting for me in SLC. :-)post #547 of 6673/6/13 at 8:40pm
EpicSki provided hours and hours of entertainment, inspiration, education, frustration and fun above all. It is time to give back. Since some of us can not come to Montana (or is it Wyoming - kind of Slovenia/Slovakia confusion for me?:) for EpicSki Gathering I would suggest to all of those being away from this "epic" gathering to donate some cash to their favorite ski related charity. Good deeds bring good fortune and in our case - good snow.
Just one day of cost of a day lift-ticket - goes a long way to help injured athletes, children without means to afford joy of skiing or talented skier with lack of "sponsorship" funds. It is time to give back, in any amount possible.
Have fun everybody in Montana.post #548 of 6673/7/13 at 7:14am
I was just there last week. You should have a great time!!! Vacation schedule was an issue on going out when the Gathering was happening, Maybe next year I can make it. Have fun.post #549 of 6673/8/13 at 3:08pmpost #550 of 6673/9/13 at 7:01am
Found this link on the Big Sky Facebook page of the film of Dan Egan's group that I saw skiing last week at Big Sky. The place is out of this world. Can't stop thinking about my trip last week. I'm jealous your going out for the Gatheringpost #551 of 6673/9/13 at 8:25pm
Is there a get together/kick-off party on Sunday night, March 24 and if so where is it being held and at what time?
How and where do we pick up our prepaid tickets?post #552 of 6673/10/13 at 5:56ampost #553 of 6673/10/13 at 6:15pm
I think nolo is going to distribute tickets in the morning of March 25 for the Bridger day.post #554 of 6673/11/13 at 8:15amQuote:
Sounds good... we'll be at the Bozeman La Quinta both Saturday and Sunday night 3/23-24 if there happens to be anything going on, informal get-togethers or whatever. Depending on how wiped we are after three days at JH and the day trip on Saturday, we may or may not ski on Sunday, but always up for a happy hour hello etc...
Which reminds me, for the locals, any recommended places to check out "in town" before we invade Big Sky?post #555 of 6673/11/13 at 10:06ampost #556 of 6673/11/13 at 11:16am
Another question is who's skiing Sunday and where should we all meet? I'll be driving from Billings that morning and staying Sunday night at Mountain View Inn so I can ski again on Monday.post #557 of 6673/11/13 at 11:45am
List of travelers skiing at Bridger March 24 is up to a dozen:
Me and my housemates will be at Bridger early because I'm doing a lesson at 9am. Probably be good to have a morning and lunch meeting time/place.post #558 of 6673/11/13 at 11:46amQuote:Another question is who's skiing Sunday and where should we all meet? I'll be driving from Billings that morning and staying Sunday night at Mountain View Inn so I can ski again on Monday.
Check the Big Sky Gathering Group page for who is currently planning on skiing Sunday.
For all the Gatherings I've attended in the past, the GM posts detailed meeting times and locations for each day. (Sometimes not available until a few days before the event.) I'd assume the "Unofficial Day 0" on Sunday is pretty official given the number of people planning on attending, so that would be included in the meeting time/locations post.
post #559 of 6673/11/13 at 11:46am
This thread has been started for who's skiing Sunday. No meeting time has been set yet. When one is it will be done in that thread.post #560 of 6673/14/13 at 11:33am
BTW, who's around skiing post-gathering Saturday at Big Sky?
My flight home is on Sunday so I plan to ski the full day on Saturday.
On a more self-interest note, I'm also looking for a ride from Big Sky back to Bozeman at the end of Saturdaypost #561 of 6673/15/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I'm not sure if they still have a shuttle service to/from the airport, but they did a few years ago. Perhaps someone has details on that for your convenience.post #562 of 6673/17/13 at 7:18ampost #563 of 6673/17/13 at 7:19ampost #564 of 6673/17/13 at 9:52ampost #565 of 6673/17/13 at 10:28amQuote:
Too many such that contimplating choice will have one standing frozen in the parking lot with added insult being identified as the parking attendant who caused massive chaos in the morning. Don't be that person. Dial it back. (cusoon)post #566 of 6673/17/13 at 11:11amQuote:
Here is some information on transportation options.
I won't be at Big Sky post gathering but I'll be at Bridger Saturday & Sunday for anyone that is skiing there.post #567 of 6673/17/13 at 12:57pmpost #568 of 6673/17/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
... for smaller people too ... if anyone is askingpost #569 of 6673/18/13 at 2:04am
- 2013 EpicSki Gathering: Big Sky Montana!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Unofficial Guide To Bridger Bowl
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Bode News 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 4 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer