Wow JD.. lots of questions,
Let me try:
- I have only skated (with inline skates) a couple of times. I've ice skated a few times also (maybe about 10). She is probably on the same boat.
- Yes, most of the skating will be with her (if we work out together, I'll use the mountain bike). She is very athletic, likes to run a lot and plays a lot of tennis. Actually, she is in better cardio shape than me and has much better endurance. She is not a risk taker however, so she will probably not care about speed (although I will!)
- There are skating trails in my area. I live in Boston, they close a road for skaters every Sunday, and there are a couple of trails next to the Charles River. I don't think I'll be able to 'get streamlined' in those, it will be more like street skating (no parking lots though)
- I could get into hockey (she would not)
- Not sure about skating events in the area, this will probably be more for recreational / work out and not 'sport'
- Not sure about lessons, doubt it.
I also want to use them as a summer time tool to help in my skiing, at least keep some of those muscles ready for the season.
[This message has been edited by Mack (edited April 23, 2001).]</FONT>