http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wop_Zc0x1Sc Hey guys, check out this vid...notice the skiers using long leg/short leg, rounded spine, hips driving, inclination, etc....Fun to watch
Related Forum Threads
- Can you please comment on my skiing? Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- MA request - short turn Last post on 3/19/17 at 4:58am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- critique my videos, tips needed for a forum newbie! MA needed Last post on 3/17/17 at 11:55am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Critique my Skiing! (video) Last post on 2/20/17 at 8:42pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Bump MA please Last post on 2/17/17 at 6:43pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Last edited: 7/20/11
- Images And Concepts Of Skiing By Sean WarmanLast edited: 4/23/11
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 4/25/11
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- Pedaling Technique In SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
MA Request - Page 3post #62 of 6711/6/12 at 8:08ampost #63 of 6711/6/12 at 9:07ampost #64 of 6711/6/12 at 12:55pm
DUDE!!! K may not Canadian, Don't know. I carrier an ITALIAN last name and am Canadian, third gereration.
Great skiing anyway...
zentune---how is Hamilton MT these days? Did it grow anymore vertical? Is it really in Hamilton?post #65 of 6711/6/12 at 1:37pmpost #66 of 6711/6/12 at 5:05pmQuote:
I wonder how you feel weightless and induce shovel edge pressure at the same time?
By opening the ankles during "pull back", the skier can apply enough pressure on the new shovel edges for them to hook up and start turning. Obviously the ski needs to be tilted on edge etc. in order to be effective. I didn't go "in depth" on all the movements, just commented on the basic "pull back" sequence that was repetitively described incorrectly by every post that discussed it.
Gotta start by getting the basics right before trying to explain further.
Close the knees, open the hips and open the ankles simultaneously at the release in steeper natural terrain. It takes commitment to float down the fall line during transition, but the payload is huge.
Nailpost #67 of 6711/6/12 at 10:21pm
Old school and new school, sometimes the same idea with results.
Go through the open door!!!!!!!
That is allow, the COM to fall inside the arc. Then catch it with your feet.
A moment of weightlessness. As small as it is remains during lateral extention. Or vertical if one were to jump.
- MA Request
- Images And Concepts Of Skiing By Sean Warman
- › Western Gathering 2017 Trip Report - Whistler Blackcomb 16 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 17 minutes ago
- › If you don't wear a helmet, all I can ask is why? 35 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 55 minutes ago
- › Old Farts in Fart Bags 59 minutes ago
- › Tips for beginners over 40 or 50 or . . . 1 hour ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Snowbird Expansion in Mary Ellen Gulch 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview