http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wop_Zc0x1Sc Hey guys, check out this vid...notice the skiers using long leg/short leg, rounded spine, hips driving, inclination, etc....Fun to watch
Related Forum Threads
- Help me analyse some of my turns? Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Help me understand this inside ski Last post on 10/10/16 at 10:58am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- MA for Mountainbum Last post on 3/28/16 at 5:35am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Help improve my Skiing Last post on 3/20/16 at 12:37pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- MA crud please Last post on 3/6/16 at 2:07pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Last edited: 7/20/11
- Images And Concepts Of Skiing By Sean WarmanLast edited: 4/23/11
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 4/25/11
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- Pedaling Technique In SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
MA Request - Page 3post #62 of 6711/6/12 at 8:08ampost #63 of 6711/6/12 at 9:07ampost #64 of 6711/6/12 at 12:55pm
DUDE!!! K may not Canadian, Don't know. I carrier an ITALIAN last name and am Canadian, third gereration.
Great skiing anyway...
zentune---how is Hamilton MT these days? Did it grow anymore vertical? Is it really in Hamilton?post #65 of 6711/6/12 at 1:37pmpost #66 of 6711/6/12 at 5:05pmQuote:
I wonder how you feel weightless and induce shovel edge pressure at the same time?
By opening the ankles during "pull back", the skier can apply enough pressure on the new shovel edges for them to hook up and start turning. Obviously the ski needs to be tilted on edge etc. in order to be effective. I didn't go "in depth" on all the movements, just commented on the basic "pull back" sequence that was repetitively described incorrectly by every post that discussed it.
Gotta start by getting the basics right before trying to explain further.
Close the knees, open the hips and open the ankles simultaneously at the release in steeper natural terrain. It takes commitment to float down the fall line during transition, but the payload is huge.
Nailpost #67 of 6711/6/12 at 10:21pm
Old school and new school, sometimes the same idea with results.
Go through the open door!!!!!!!
That is allow, the COM to fall inside the arc. Then catch it with your feet.
A moment of weightlessness. As small as it is remains during lateral extention. Or vertical if one were to jump.
- MA Request
- Images And Concepts Of Skiing By Sean Warman
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 51 seconds ago
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 3 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 16 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 16 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 28 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 32 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 44 minutes ago
- › Am I nuts to book airfare to Zermatt (Zurich) now for mid-January... 45 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 50 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 hour ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer