Wow, What a difference 4 inches of fresh snow makes! Skied last night on quite, fast dry powder. And amazingly my skis did not need re waxed afterward. Snow guns are running so things are looking up. Plan to ski again tonight - just to make sure I wasn't dreaming the whole event.
- itemSeven Springs Mountain Resorttagged by System, 2/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2016-17 Discussion Last post on 9/28/16 at 5:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Yesterday at 3:59 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Seven Springs skiing Icon Mogul Matt Gregory passed away Last post on 1/20/16 at 5:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Seven Springs faces possible closure of over 70% of skiable terrain. Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:12am in Skiing News
- Seven Springs Sat Morning Last post on 2/15/15 at 1:24pm in Trip Reports
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Winter has finally come
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Skied last night on a very firm base with the sun setting a crust on what was left of Wednesday's powder. We should be in store for some great skiing this weekend with 6 to 8 inches and cold temps. The current base with fresh snow on top will possibly provide the best conditions so far this season.
Anybody make the last two powder days? Skied on Saturday with the water shower snow guns and associated fog, but was able to find some nice runs mainly on North Face and Avy since the runs off Gunar chair were trashed by the water guns. Returned Sunday on wider skis and some soft powder during the am. So far the best two days we have had this season.
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 4 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 6 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 8 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 17 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 37 minutes ago
- › 2010/2011 Kastle MX 88 Replacement 38 minutes ago
- › Telluride - trip timing advice 39 minutes ago
- › How Long Do Skis Last? 40 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!