EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Any positive signs for Utah/Colorado getting snow this month and into March?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any positive signs for Utah/Colorado getting snow this month and into March?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

This winter has been wacky.  I'm told the high pressure system is extremely strong right now, hoping that will change?

post #2 of 9

Nothing at least for the next week or so...forecast models remain unfavorable beyond that, but we all know that they are typically not that accurate that far out. Some possibility of some change mid-late month I'm hearing. 

post #3 of 9

Dude its the weather...

 

You want a positive sign, here, I will give you one. I skied 4000' vertical of untracked today.

 

And it has been worse, like 3 weeks ago for instance. So I would call that an upward trend. Just be thankful for what you have.

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tromano View Post

Dude its the weather...

 

You want a positive sign, here, I will give you one. I skied 4000' vertical of untracked today.

 

And it has been worse, like 3 weeks ago for instance. So I would call that an upward trend. Just be thankful for what you have.

 

How many rocks did you hit?

 

 

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASkiDawg View Post

 

How many rocks did you hit?

 

 


Zero. But I did have to walk across a creek and my feet got wet.

post #6 of 9
Most models are predicting a weakening high pressure system and the introduction of a low pressure system mid to late this month. So while maybe not a guarantee of snow, conditions will certainly be more favorable than we've had for some storms to roll in.
post #7 of 9

Looks like some chances for snow beginning next week and continuing into the next week.

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasatchskier View Post

Looks like some chances for snow beginning next week and continuing into the next week.



YES! I come in Monday thru Sunday next week. Almost (again) deleted my SLC reservations and went back to WB, but my bud reports nothing available off-piste there either so I stuck with SLC

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post



YES! I come in Monday thru Sunday next week. Almost (again) deleted my SLC reservations and went back to WB, but my bud reports nothing available off-piste there either so I stuck with SLC



Good choice...Alta is skiing well, Bird still has some rocks poking through, but not bad.  Even after a small dump the conditions will improve dramatically.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Any positive signs for Utah/Colorado getting snow this month and into March?