or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Drooling over 2013 gear......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Drooling over 2013 gear......

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 

Anybody else having problem focusing on current years gear, due to all the new stuff at SIA, spy shoots and test models beeing out there ?

 

I seriously havent been able to complete my shopping list for gear to use this season... Have bought, and then sold 3 pairs of skis so far, since november without even skiing them ( Mantra, MX 98, and Rocker2 115. Now a pair of Dynastar Auralien Ducroiz (Pro 105) is in house, and a pair of Salomon Rocker2 108 is on the way. Now if i could get hold on some Dynastar Cham 117 or 127 or Blizzard Bodacious 2013 it would bee cool..... and of course Salomon Guardian AT binding....

 

Gearjunkie should be acknowledged by the medical community so a cure could be developed....:-)

post #2 of 28

I just got my 2013 Atomic Redster boots.

 

 

post #3 of 28

worthless.gif

post #4 of 28

Redster_Pro_130%20small.jpg

post #5 of 28
Thread Starter 

Cool boots !!! Lucky you smile.gif

post #6 of 28

Oh man - want!

post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine12 View Post

Anybody else having problem focusing on current years gear, due to all the new stuff at SIA, spy shoots and test models beeing out there ?

I seriously havent been able to complete my shopping list for gear to use this season... Have bought, and then sold 3 pairs of skis so far, since november without even skiing them ( Mantra, MX 98, and Rocker2 115. Now a pair of Dynastar Auralien Ducroiz (Pro 105) is in house, and a pair of Salomon Rocker2 108 is on the way. Now if i could get hold on some Dynastar Cham 117 or 127 or Blizzard Bodacious 2013 it would bee cool..... and of course Salomon Guardian AT binding....

Gearjunkie should be acknowledged by the medical community so a cure could be developed....:-)

why cure something so fun?!?
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post

Redster_Pro_130%20small.jpg


i quoted this so i can see the boot photo again. sweet!
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 

I do certainly agree, it is FUN ! Just so damn costly....cool.gif

 

Trying to visualize myself after 2 weeks at a "Gearjunkie" rehab clinic getting full withdrawal.......Need gear, need gear, nead geer..biggrin.gif

post #10 of 28

I just got some new boots to play with too....

 

nordica-boots.gif

 

Nordica Patron Pro's, the ones are the left. Nordica took the Dobernann Pro (98mm) lower and raised the roof slightly. 

post #11 of 28

Cool

 

What is that new Firearrow?

 

post #12 of 28
Thread Starter 

The Patron Pro looks really, really nice. Been a while since i have seen  a full black ski boot. To bad my 105mm wide feet with arch like the Triumphal arch in Paris would be crushed in it...

post #13 of 28

Carbon spine to increase rearward and lateral stiffness 9x greater without stiffening forward lean, cuff can be rotated left and right 5mm each way, 3 inner bootboard off different stiffnesses,

Redster%20WC%20170_1.jpg

post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post

Cool

 

What is that new Firearrow?

 


New Transfire, replaces the SportMachines. 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine12 View Post

The Patron Pro looks really, really nice. Been a while since i have seen  a full black ski boot. To bad my 105mm wide feet with arch like the Triumphal arch in Paris would be crushed in it...


Yeah, not for your foot. 

 

post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

I just got some new boots to play with too....

600x400px-LL-824806b7_nordica-boots.gif

Nordica Patron Pro's, the ones are the left. Nordica took the Dobernann Pro (98mm) lower and raised the roof slightly. 

i just had some doberman pro 130s this season. Is the patron with EDT? is the new boot board carbon fibre?

i love my new nordicas - spectacular flex. cold as a witch's t_t...
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post

Carbon spine to increase rearward and lateral stiffness 9x greater without stiffening forward lean, cuff can be rotated left and right 5mm each way, 3 inner bootboard off different stiffnesses,

Redster%20WC%20170_1.jpg


THIS is how carbon is going to be done. Anyone who thinks full carbon like the Dodge will be the future is off their rocker. I was waiting to see this after hearing some rumblings from an Atomic designer on Newschoolers.

 

post #17 of 28

Is this really a 170 flex?! eek.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post

Carbon spine to increase rearward and lateral stiffness 9x greater without stiffening forward lean, cuff can be rotated left and right 5mm each way, 3 inner bootboard off different stiffnesses,

Redster%20WC%20170_1.jpg



 

post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post

Carbon spine to increase rearward and lateral stiffness 9x greater without stiffening forward lean, cuff can be rotated left and right 5mm each way, 3 inner bootboard off different stiffnesses,

Redster%20WC%20170_1.jpg



From what I have read, the WC is 95mm last,  I have been in the RT Ti, 95mm last as well.

 

Can you comment as to the similarity of the fit?

 

Thanks

post #19 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

I just got some new boots to play with too....

 

nordica-boots.gif

 

Nordica Patron Pro's, the ones are the left. Nordica took the Dobernann Pro (98mm) lower and raised the roof slightly. 


Phil,

 

   Can you make a short commentary re: the fit of the Nordica? Boots like the Tecnica Bodacious/Cochise have a "bell" or "hump" shape (my terms) on the forefoot part of the boot; this shape leaves a TON of room that I would have to fill up.  It looks as though the Nordicas have a much lower profile on the lower...OR is that just an illusion from the pics?

 

-Smarty 
 

 

post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartyiak View Post

Quote:


Phil,

 

   Can you make a short commentary re: the fit of the Nordica? Boots like the Tecnica Bodacious/Cochise have a "bell" or "hump" shape (my terms) on the forefoot part of the boot; this shape leaves a TON of room that I would have to fill up.  It looks as though the Nordicas have a much lower profile on the lower...OR is that just an illusion from the pics?

 

-Smarty 
 

 


These fit more on par with the Dobies (and even my Inferno 103) just with a but more height over the instep where this years Pro EDT didn't give me quite enough room. I also have the Cochise and those are a bit more volumous throughout. While I have 20 or so days in the Cochise, they will be delegated to days when I am standing around more maybe videoing or doing photography and the Patron Pro will be for more precise skiing. 

 

post #21 of 28

I just got back from SIA this week. Was my first time out there, and that show is absolutely crazy. So much to see, so many people, and some seriously good times with ski friends at all the concerts and parties after each day. 

 

Got a few pictures, theres a ton more info on our 2012/2013 line here for those interested in boring numbers and specs:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/237660-2012-2013-ON3P-SIA-Photos-and-Discussion

 

6771199679_46ba5b64b3.jpg

 

6771197081_e0b98405e2.jpg

 

6771201369_62505e68de.jpg

Filthy Rich, Jeronimo, Jeffrey

 

6773056381_7ee7f392c4.jpg

Caylor

 

6773059019_66995bb5f0.jpg

Pillowfight

 

6771197925_589f594ac6.jpg

Cease and Desist, Billy Goat, both with our new Reverse Elliptical Sidecut (RES)

 

6771200259_e7f91a18ce.jpg

Wrengade

 

6771203157_462a57ea80.jpg

Vicik and a new ski, my pro-model, the Tychoon

 

post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceDude View Post

Is this really a 170 flex?! eek.gif
 



 



 

170 and flex are mutually exclusive...

 

 

post #23 of 28

Looks like all we need is lots of powder snow.

post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post



These fit more on par with the Dobies (and even my Inferno 103) just with a but more height over the instep where this years Pro EDT didn't give me quite enough room. I also have the Cochise and those are a bit more volumous throughout. While I have 20 or so days in the Cochise, they will be delegated to days when I am standing around more maybe videoing or doing photography and the Patron Pro will be for more precise skiing. 

so Phil - I just got my dobie EDt pros this season. about 10 hours of bootwork. will the patron edt blow them away? what's your take on the CF bootboard vs the metal?

thanks
post #25 of 28

Have you skied the boot yet?  What are your impressions?

post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post

Carbon spine to increase rearward and lateral stiffness 9x greater without stiffening forward lean, cuff can be rotated left and right 5mm each way, 3 inner bootboard off different stiffnesses,

Redster%20WC%20170_1.jpg


It'll be interesting to see how much work can be done to that heal area.  I know I've had to had some grinding in the heels of my Inferno 130's as well as lots of other work.  As far as I know carbon can't be ground with good results, and if it is stretched eventually it'll reform close to its original shape.  Just what iI've heard correct me if im wrong.

 

post #27 of 28

From what I've read the Redster is not using true carbon fiber material.  It's actually a mixture of carbon and plastic that is still stretchable and grindable.

post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post

Carbon spine to increase rearward and lateral stiffness 9x greater without stiffening forward lean, cuff can be rotated left and right 5mm each way, 3 inner bootboard off different stiffnesses,
525x700px-LL-949adf7a_Redster20WC20170_1.jpeg

Hey! How were your redster pros?

How did they ski?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Drooling over 2013 gear......