EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › I Got Stuck so I Threw my Skis Off A Cliff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Got Stuck so I Threw my Skis Off A Cliff

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=106652

 

Absolutely hilarious thread for this poor, but nonetheless not the smartest, dude. Just felt like it needed a post here and some laughs for everyone in this dry and warmer weather frenzy.

post #2 of 26

He didn't calibrate his poles.

post #3 of 26

Holy crap, threw his skis over a cliff?eek.gifROTF.gif  What a tool.

post #4 of 26

I read through some of his posts, and wouldn't be so quick to judge....

 

He was considering jumping off the cliff/ledge and threw the skis over to 

1) test the waters to see what the bottom might be like

2) well you got to throw them over first,  then jump yourself don't you...you don't want to be holding them and jump

 

He said it was also 4pm+ so he did admit some panic;  and time to make some kind of decision was prompted .  I'd say ditching the skis and making it back home was the conservative "safe" decision.  you can replace the skis...or at least swallow your pride, joke about it, post on the internet and get them back on another day.

post #5 of 26

I love post #112.

post #6 of 26

Please!  Who hasn't thrown their skis over a cliff a time or three???

 

Why, just yesterday......

post #7 of 26

... and #77.

post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad7 View Post

... and #77.



My eyes kept on wandering towards #76.

post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny1969 View Post



My eyes kept on wandering towards #76.

 

There were more posts after that?!? I forgot to read any farther.
 

 

post #10 of 26

Do you think we could get a government grant to put a search party together?

post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boot View Post

Do you think we could get a government grant to put a search party together?



 

This was your 1.000th nugget if wisdom posted on EpicSkibeercheer.gif

post #12 of 26

Paging BWPA!!

 

Charge that guy $100 to go get his skis for himspit.gif


Edited by crgildart - 2/3/12 at 8:02am
post #13 of 26

lurking alpinezone is = to throwing skis off cliff

post #14 of 26

So that's the all-time best thread on alpinezone, eh?  Yawn.

post #15 of 26

The best thing about Alpine zone is the fake Greg on TGR.

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytseng View Post

I read through some of his posts, and wouldn't be so quick to judge....

 

He was considering jumping off the cliff/ledge and threw the skis over to 

1) test the waters to see what the bottom might be like

2) well you got to throw them over first,  then jump yourself don't you...you don't want to be holding them and jump

 

He said it was also 4pm+ so he did admit some panic;  and time to make some kind of decision was prompted .  I'd say ditching the skis and making it back home was the conservative "safe" decision.  you can replace the skis...or at least swallow your pride, joke about it, post on the internet and get them back on another day.


 

Shirley, you're joking.

post #17 of 26

Maybe it's just semantics (or I missed something) but it doesn't say he threw his skis off a cliff.  He just took them off so he could climb back up to the trail.

post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierish View Post

Please!  Who hasn't thrown their skis over a cliff a time or three???

 

Why, just yesterday......



biggrin.gif

 

post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abox View Post

Maybe it's just semantics (or I missed something) but it doesn't say he threw his skis off a cliff.  He just took them off so he could climb back up to the trail.



You have to read on. He threw them over so he could jump off without them on.

post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abox View Post

Maybe it's just semantics (or I missed something) but it doesn't say he threw his skis off a cliff.  He just took them off so he could climb back up to the trail.


Re-read Post #7

 

Edit: Arrgh, iWill beat me to it...

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierish View Post


Re-read Post #7

 

Edit: Arrgh, iWill beat me to it...



Wow I missed the key post!

post #22 of 26

Said person did indeed throw his skis off a cliff in panic up at the Kitchen area of Stowe.

Quite amazing really.

Because of panic, forgot the basics:

 

"Never get out of the boat, absolutely god damn right. Unless you were going all the way." - Apocalypse Now

Audio Clip

 

I guess he did go all the way down on foot.

 

"Never throw your skis off a cliff, absolutely god damn right. Unless you were going all the way."


Edited by Tog - 2/3/12 at 12:30pm
post #23 of 26

Someone apparently found the skis!

FOUND-3.jpg

 

 

 

post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny1969 View Post



My eyes kept on wandering towards #76.



+1

post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

Paging BWPA!!

 

Charge that guy $100 to go get his skis for himspit.gif



+1....although he is now known as the "Epic Ski Member formally known as BWPA"...

post #26 of 26

AlpineZone doesn't work for me.  It says "Forbidden" everytime I try to access the forums.  I thought that they didn't actually exist for a while until I met a cool guy who posted there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › I Got Stuck so I Threw my Skis Off A Cliff