New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Utah 3/31 to 4/7 2011 - Page 2

post #31 of 52

Good call to hire 4ster - excellent investment.

There is a storm forecast for this weekend (late Saturday / early Sunday).  It looks to be setting up nicely for N Utah, but it is still too far out to fine tune the forecasts.

post #32 of 52

The 3/31 and 4/1 weekend is the tail end of the SPRING GRÜV.  You can still catch 2 concerts and get in on the fun.  The Red Bull Schlittentag is this Saturday and will have you laughing for  days.  You are staying maybe a 1 minute walk away.  See 2:52 below to get an idea of what is going on (the band shown is I think, Little Feat):

 

 


Edited by quant2325 - 3/28/12 at 2:44pm
post #33 of 52

So, that mini-ad clarifies things. Is the term marketing guru or PR rep over at Canyons?

post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeUT View Post

So, that mini-ad clarifies things. Is the term marketing guru or PR rep over at Canyons?


Isn't an Ambassador supposed to provide info about their resort(s)?  After all, the OP's family is staying in PC.

post #35 of 52

To an extent, I'm sure. However, that text sounded like it was cut and pasted straight out of an Internet banner ad (i.e. "laughing for days..") but in the form of a friendly forum post.

post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post


Isn't an Ambassador supposed to provide info about their resort(s)?  After all, the OP's family is staying in PC.


Marznc,

 

You are right, this is exactly what we are supposed to do. In fact, the Hyatt Escala Pack City is located at the Canyons and this is why I was giving the OP a heads up of the activities there. He can join in the fun if he ends his skiing day a little early.  It should be obvious by now that JoeUT will stalk any of my posts and has another agenda. 


 

 

post #37 of 52

cbgarrett,

 

Do you see much of a storm coming through this weekend?  We'd planned on hitting little cottonwood/big cottonwood but am trying to change flights to pacific northwest because Utah doesn't seem like much snow is heading your way. 

 

I agree with the posts on the Park City resorts not being worth the time unless there is plenty of snow. 

post #38 of 52

NOAA forecast for Central Wasatch as of 3/28:

"A much stronger and colder system is expected to impact the region Saturday into Sunday. Significant snow accumulations are possible for the northern mountains with this storm. Very strong winds will be possible ahead of this system during the day Saturday into Saturday night."

 

For sure, more snow in the PacNW.

 

My trip to Alta Lodge is a done deal since my daughter and I are meeting up with friends.  Will be there April 3-10 enjoying the Spring Season Pass and April 7 Demo Day no matter what.

post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by quant2325 View Post


Marznc,

 

You are right, this is exactly what we are supposed to do. In fact, the Hyatt Escala Pack City is located at the Canyons and this is why I was giving the OP a heads up of the activities there. He can join in the fun if he ends his skiing day a little early.  It should be obvious by now that JoeUT will stalk any of my posts and has another agenda. 


 

 


LOL. I respond to posts that I have an opinion about, yours or otherwise. You write 95 percent (100?) posts in blind support of Canyons + management, including the advertorial prose above.

 

post #40 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad51 View Post

cbgarrett,

 

Do you see much of a storm coming through this weekend?  We'd planned on hitting little cottonwood/big cottonwood but am trying to change flights to pacific northwest because Utah doesn't seem like much snow is heading your way. 

 

I agree with the posts on the Park City resorts not being worth the time unless there is plenty of snow. 


C51, see Marznc's post above. Also look at this:

 

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=slc&textField1=40.58194&textField2=-111.65444&zone=1

 

Doesn't look like too much snow, but you never know. 

 

post #41 of 52
Thread Starter 

Thanks for posting about SPRING GRÜV and we may get in on some of the fun Sat afternoon. I'm hoping the storm on Saturday night/ Sunday is a big one.  I will be stopping at Canyons sports to buy lift tickets on Saturday and by them hopefully the weather model will be more clearer for snow amounts.

 

Again, a big thanks you to everyone.

post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post

Thanks for posting about SPRING GRÜV and we may get in on some of the fun Sat afternoon. I'm hoping the storm on Saturday night/ Sunday is a big one.  I will be stopping at Canyons sports to buy lift tickets on Saturday and by them hopefully the weather model will be more clearer for snow amounts.

 

Again, a big thanks you to everyone.



FWIW, Liftopia (www.liftopia.com) may have better lift ticket prices.  You can print the coupons in the hotel business center.  Let me know about the Martin Sexton concert, too.


Edited by quant2325 - 3/30/12 at 9:30am
post #43 of 52
Thread Starter 

Litopia has much better prices for Snowbasin but you have to buy them a few days in advance, and right nowI'm waiting to see how this storm develops. I would need to by tickets tomorrow to ski Snowbasin on Monday. AND I''ll try to grab some pictures of the concert for you.

post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post

Litopia has much better prices for Snowbasin but you have to buy them a few days in advance, and right nowI'm waiting to see how this storm develops. I would need to by tickets tomorrow to ski Snowbasin on Monday. AND I''ll try to grab some pictures of the concert for you.



Do yourself a favor, buy the tickets.  If your choices are skiing the Canyons or Snowbasin that's a pretty easy decision.  Regardless of storm or not, Snowbasin will be skiing better than the Canyons.

post #45 of 52

Conditions in the Cottonwoods were pretty good this week. Can't speak for other areas.

post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnor View Post

Conditions in the Cottonwoods were pretty good this week. Can't speak for other areas.


Where have you been skiing?

 

post #47 of 52

Went to Alta x2 and Brighton. Had a bit of fresh snow both days at Alta, but not at Brighton. Brighton was sticky in some areas as it was a very warm day, Wednesday.

post #48 of 52
Thread Starter 

Snowing at the canyons right now. Will update how the skiing is tonight.

post #49 of 52

Any thoughts on where to ski tomorrow.  Alta was a disaster today.  Enormous amount of ice on everything.  The top of Supreme skiied a little bit better but most of the "good parts" were blocked off.

Any other resorts skiing any better?  

 

It doesn't sound like much more snow is heading in tonight.

post #50 of 52
Thread Starter 

The Canyons wasn't to bad today, ninety-nine 99 had decent snow as did Peak 5 and Dreamscape. decent snow  for a guy who skis back east anyways,locals might have a VERY different opinion. We will be skiing The Canyons again tomorrow,then Alta maybe Tuesday.

post #51 of 52

Here's another impression of Alta today.  An expert skier from NC who skis in LCC very regularly.  I think he's there with the whole family since next week is spring break.

 

http://www.altabird.us/2012/04/0-overnight.html

 

A local friend was skiing with a visitor on blue runs off Supreme today.  The two women had reasonably good time, especially later in the afternoon since most people left early.

post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post

Here's another impression of Alta today.  An expert skier from NC who skis in LCC very regularly.  I think he's there with the whole family since next week is spring break.

 

http://www.altabird.us/2012/04/0-overnight.html

 

A local friend was skiing with a visitor on blue runs off Supreme today.  The two women had reasonably good time, especially later in the afternoon since most people left early.



can't work out if that was good or bad... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel