EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Are stock boot liners dead after 40 days?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are stock boot liners dead after 40 days? - Page 2

Poll Results: What is the life expectancy of your average stock boot liner for a good skier?

 
  • 5% (3)
    Under 25 days
  • 10% (6)
    25-40 days
  • 20% (11)
    41-70 days
  • 23% (13)
    71-100 days
  • 23% (13)
    101-150 days
  • 1% (1)
    151-250 days
  • 14% (8)
    251+ days
55 Total Votes  
post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

Intuition liners are not for everyone...There is no stiffness in the front of the cuff in the wrap design and the ankle flex of the boot became virtually rigid. and no, there wasn't a problem with the liner or the install.  just not a good match for all boots or people I think.

Wow. Usually the response to the wrap liner is about much more stiffness it adds to the front of the boot than the stock liner. Some people even complain about shin issues. Obviously, YMV...

post #32 of 39

WANTED:  a short-cuff lace-up foam tongue liner, with stiffness comparable to PowerWrap, that would fit  Scarpa Invernos. 

post #33 of 39

Well I've got a pair of Intuition Alpine Wraps that are in their second pair of boots, Dalbellos that came with some type of Intuition tongue liners. I really like the way the wrap liner holds my shin, the tongue liner was a big pinch for me. Feet don't get cold, 190 days and counting. Probably will get new liners with my next pair of boots.

post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post

Wow. Usually the response to the wrap liner is about much more stiffness it adds to the front of the boot than the stock liner. Some people even complain about shin issues. Obviously, YMV...

 

A Powerwrap in a traditional 2-piece shell will usually change how that boot skis.  IMO, the Powerwrap was designed for 3-piece shells that have an exterior plastic tongue.  If you put a Powerwrap in a 2-piece shell you should be aware that the loss of a tongue will change the way the boot flexes.  I prefer to use the tongued Intuition liners in 2-piece boots.

 

Also note that getting into a Powerwrap liner when it's in a 2-piece shell can be problematic if you have a tight fit - the overlap of the liner "fights" with the overlap of the shell and the two can get caught up in each other and require some work to get the layers seated properly when getting into your boots.

post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post

Wow. Usually the response to the wrap liner is about much more stiffness it adds to the front of the boot than the stock liner. Some people even complain about shin issues. Obviously, YMV...


I didn't explain. The lack of stiffness is where the top of the boot, in front, bites into my shin when pressing forward. The overall affect was to stiffen the forward lean, but way too much for me to ski it. Noodler is right about the wrap in a 2 piece, in my case anyhow.

 

just to give a heads up, not for everyone or every boot.

post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodler View Post

 

A Powerwrap in a traditional 2-piece shell will usually change how that boot skis.  IMO, the Powerwrap was designed for 3-piece shells that have an exterior plastic tongue.  If you put a Powerwrap in a 2-piece shell you should be aware that the loss of a tongue will change the way the boot flexes.  I prefer to use the tongued Intuition liners in 2-piece boots.

 

Also note that getting into a Powerwrap liner when it's in a 2-piece shell can be problematic if you have a tight fit - the overlap of the liner "fights" with the overlap of the shell and the two can get caught up in each other and require some work to get the layers seated properly when getting into your boots.

 

I disagree.  I have found that it is far easier to get in and out of my boots with a power-wrap Intuition than with the tongue stock liner.  I do find that the Intuition stiffens the boot, but for me in a good way.  I like the heel hold, the warmth, and the overall grip of the power-wrap.  It did take a day or two to get used to on my first pair, now I use an Intuition liner in all of my ski boots.  I'm not sure what davluri is talking about with the top of the shell? digging into his shin.  With my boots, which are all snug, there is a noticeable bulge of foam that forms above the top of the shell where the extra material was squeezed out.  There is no way that I could ever feel the edge of my shell with my shin.  I find all my boots with an Intuition and an aftermarket booster strap to be far more progressive with their forward flex than the stock set-ups were.  This is especially noticeable, and great, in my tele boots. 

 

YMMV

post #37 of 39

the two layers of wrap are not as much padding as one decent original liner tongue, so the front of the boot digs a dent into my shin. not for me. that's what I'm talking about, if you have to be dense. Also, the wind blows in the overlap and is cold. 

post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

the two layers of wrap are not as much padding as one decent original liner tongue, so the front of the boot digs a dent into my shin. not for me. that's what I'm talking about, if you have to be dense. Also, the wind blows in the overlap and is cold. 

 

I might be dense, but I'm not a Dick David.  I still don't know what you are talking about...  How does the wind blow in your overlap?

post #39 of 39

Because the liner laps in the same direction as the boot lap, when I hike or ski with the wind to my side, it simply blows right in. Keeps your feet from sweating. I'm glad they don't work for me; too much money any way on top of shells and footbeds anyhow.  

 

"not sure what........" sounded dismissive. You could assume I was talking about something, certainly, and likely something based  on my experience with the liner, and not too far fetched to consider shin bang with a no tongue liner in a race style shell.  Absolutely the worst three days skiing in my life, just from the liner.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Are stock boot liners dead after 40 days?