EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Another Great Bode Miller Save
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another Great Bode Miller Save

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 

You may not agree with his all out strategy, but he always makes great theater.  Amazing balance to stay in balance.  Here is another one for the highlight reel:

 

 

post #2 of 25

Bode never fails to amaze, fantastic balance on skis, fantastic athlete.

post #3 of 25

amazing- I wonder what he has his DINs set at?

post #4 of 25

"Bolt"

post #5 of 25

"These go to eleven."

 

SpinalTap_Goes-to-Eleven.jpg

post #6 of 25

Just another in a long line of Bode saves. This one being at the Kitz with its rep for eating skiers, has a special quality.

post #7 of 25

Unglaublich!

post #8 of 25

Creating magical memories!

 

JF

post #9 of 25

The guy's incredible.

 

It's been a privilege to live in the era when he's been skiing.  

post #10 of 25

DIN=9000

post #11 of 25


Ditto...and the best part is, he's not done yet.  I'm betting on him to win another race or two before the end of the season...but you better catch him this year, because if the FIS gets its way re the new equipment regs, bye bye Bode...

 

frown.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post

The guy's incredible.

 

It's been a privilege to live in the era when he's been skiing.  



 

post #12 of 25

Amazing, strength, balance, and coordination, as well as mental speed to make the right moves......in other words skill.

post #13 of 25

Unbelievable natural balance and athleticism!  And then to keep the hammer down like nothing has happened!

post #14 of 25


Can you elaborate for the less informed?    Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiRacer55 View Post


Ditto...and the best part is, he's not done yet.  I'm betting on him to win another race or two before the end of the season...but you better catch him this year, because if the FIS gets its way re the new equipment regs, bye bye Bode...

 

frown.gif
 



 



 

post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzn View Post


Can you elaborate for the less informed?    Thanks in advance!


 


The FIS wants to ban Bode Miller... and kittens. It's an evil, evil plot led primarily by Europeans, and we all know that those Europeans cannot be trusted, especially when it comes to the welfare of kittens.

 

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post

 

 

It's been a privilege to live in the era when he's been skiing.  



x2........ 

 

Bob,  think you have to start writing a novel...smile.gif...Well said.

post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzn View Post


Can you elaborate for the less informed?    Thanks in advance!



 


FIS (governing body of ski racing) wants to change the turn radius of GS skis from ~27m to ~40m for next season.  FIS claims this is in the interests of safety; the athletes and everybody else claim this is insane.

post #18 of 25

40m...why not just go back to straight skis at that point...I mean really.  I guess skidded turns will be the new/old hotness.

post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF View Post


FIS (governing body of ski racing) wants to change the turn radius of GS skis from ~27m to ~40m for next season.  FIS claims this is in the interests of safety; the athletes and everybody else claim this is insane.



Umm, I am of the opinion that making skis crappier and less responsive will favor better, stronger,  and more skilled skiers. In other words, people that sometimes get behind or bounced then make fantastic saves will kick ass.   How is that bad for Bode'?th_dunno-1[1].gif

post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post



Umm, I am of the opinion that making skis crappier and less responsive will favor better, stronger,  and more skilled skiers. In other words, people that sometimes get behind or bounced then make fantastic saves will kick ass.   How is that bad for Bode'?th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif


 

Dont forget he is the one that introduced shaped skis to racing.   So going to a ski that is nearly straight may not be his bag baby....he is also very particular about his gear.

post #21 of 25

it's 35m not 40m.

post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEfree30 View Post

amazing- I wonder what he has his DINs set at?

Don't use no f*k'in DIN's. Bindings are welded down before each run. 
 

 

post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post

it's 35m not 40m.


This is correct after athlete protest it got moved to 35m. There is huge outrage and Bode has threatened to stop racing if the change goes through. Ted Ligety has some wry informative blog posts about the issue and David Dodge wrote a letter to FIS in protest. It would be such a shame not to be able to watch bode race anymore.
post #24 of 25

What actually is happening is that he is going so freaking fast that he is suspended solely by Higgs boson and they don't need to run the LHC anymore b/c, clearly, it has mass and exists based on the video.

 

Freak!

 

post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibum220 View Post


This is correct after athlete protest it got moved to 35m. There is huge outrage and Bode has threatened to stop racing if the change goes through. Ted Ligety has some wry informative blog posts about the issue and David Dodge wrote a letter to FIS in protest. It would be such a shame not to be able to watch bode race anymore.


Yes, but are they taking their kittens with them?

FWIW, isn't he (and everyone else) skiing downhill and super G on (mostly) straight skis anyway? 

I'd love to see Ligety try to rip a celebration golden circle on a 35 m ski.roflmao.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ya, I know he could probably still do it on whatever SL ends up at..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Another Great Bode Miller Save