just thought everyone should know
Related Forum Threads
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- New Weather Page Last post on 4/13/13 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012/2013 Sierra snow rewind Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Weather is feeling like repeat of last year Last post on 12/18/12 at 3:56pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2011-12: How Bad Was It? Last post on 7/18/12 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
Northern Hemisphere Snow Statistics Since 1967
Last edited: 12/9/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
I'm sorry to hear that... what a bummer. It must be especially upsetting when you are in an epic ski locale (such as tahoe).
I can only imagine the $$$ effect of this on the local economy.
At least it means groundhog day is over. wake up....snowmakers make snow...a few beginners show up to ski...wake up....snowmakers make snow....a few beginners show up to ski.... go home drink a lot....wake up...throw toaster in bathtub...wake up..etc...we might have to loose it all to get it all back....I hope.
Edited by mark254 - 1/20/12 at 11:54pm
Just checked many of the Sierra CDEC remote weather stations for snow and only stations above 10,000 feet seemed to get all snow. Note yesterday the NWS had raised the snow levels of the main front to 9000 to 9500 feet in the Tahoe Basin. The snow level has been dropping on the backside of the front but the damage is already done. Mammoth Pass at 9300 feet had 2 inches of precip but showed minimum temps a bit above freezing for the first inch and barely below for the last inch. So snow at mid mountain though wet. Much of the weeks of slowly built up man-made snow, mother nature just peeeeeeeed down the crick.
But this next storm Sunday has a snow level 5k to 6k so ought to put down a modest base of a foot or two.
That's only happened about 5 or 6 times so far this season in Vermont. And it looks like another round on Monday. You need to send your groomers and snowmakers east to learn how to deal with this.
In Vermont, we call it base building when it rains then gets cold again. (That's assuming there's white there. If not, it's...well depressing)
Besides, people in VT know not to use the R word in the first place.
Now, as for allowing someone called the soggy cow to roam around your ski area.....prob not a good idea.
- It's raining
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 2 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 24 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 30 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 32 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 44 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour ago
- › Why you don't get cell service at Snowshoe 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Beginners tip bible - share yours 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer