just thought everyone should know
Related Forum Threads
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- New Weather Page Last post on 4/13/13 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012/2013 Sierra snow rewind Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Weather is feeling like repeat of last year Last post on 12/18/12 at 3:56pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2011-12: How Bad Was It? Last post on 7/18/12 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
Northern Hemisphere Snow Statistics Since 1967
Last edited: 12/9/11
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
I'm sorry to hear that... what a bummer. It must be especially upsetting when you are in an epic ski locale (such as tahoe).
I can only imagine the $$$ effect of this on the local economy.
At least it means groundhog day is over. wake up....snowmakers make snow...a few beginners show up to ski...wake up....snowmakers make snow....a few beginners show up to ski.... go home drink a lot....wake up...throw toaster in bathtub...wake up..etc...we might have to loose it all to get it all back....I hope.
Edited by mark254 - 1/20/12 at 11:54pm
Just checked many of the Sierra CDEC remote weather stations for snow and only stations above 10,000 feet seemed to get all snow. Note yesterday the NWS had raised the snow levels of the main front to 9000 to 9500 feet in the Tahoe Basin. The snow level has been dropping on the backside of the front but the damage is already done. Mammoth Pass at 9300 feet had 2 inches of precip but showed minimum temps a bit above freezing for the first inch and barely below for the last inch. So snow at mid mountain though wet. Much of the weeks of slowly built up man-made snow, mother nature just peeeeeeeed down the crick.
But this next storm Sunday has a snow level 5k to 6k so ought to put down a modest base of a foot or two.
That's only happened about 5 or 6 times so far this season in Vermont. And it looks like another round on Monday. You need to send your groomers and snowmakers east to learn how to deal with this.
In Vermont, we call it base building when it rains then gets cold again. (That's assuming there's white there. If not, it's...well depressing)
Besides, people in VT know not to use the R word in the first place.
Now, as for allowing someone called the soggy cow to roam around your ski area.....prob not a good idea.
- It's raining
- › Should I be conservative or go for the better one? 1 minute ago
- › More Retro memories???? 1 minute ago
- › Time for new skis 6 minutes ago
- › OSBE ski helmet with visor attached. ( made in Itally, distributor... 8 minutes ago
- › Need a VERY flexy ski for a while... 13 minutes ago
- › Summit County, 3/30 - 4/1 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 18 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 20 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - The Indian Himalayas, Gulmarg 2017 30 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 30 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!