EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Cranking down instep and forefoot buckles for precision... opinions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cranking down instep and forefoot buckles for precision... opinions? - Page 2

Poll Results: Are you in favor of clamping down instep buckles to the max?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 4% of voters (1)
    Yes, always
  • 52% of voters (12)
    No, never
  • 17% of voters (4)
    If I'm racing
  • 30% of voters (7)
    I find a happy medium that can stay there all day
23 Total Votes  
post #31 of 43

Consider an injection liner.  This is the cast to your instep and ankle.  No cranking needed, but if you have veins over the ankle bone that are prone to cutoff when tightening, you can still snug 'me up a bit without cutting circulation as the liner can be formed to protect these areas.

post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post



You'd be surprised how balanced and smooth my skiing already is.  I merely want perfection on my feet, that is all.


So why bother bothering with tales of woe and minutia? And remember, there are plenty out there who are more balanced and smooth than we all believe ourselves to be.

 

post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by markojp View Post


Two pairs of socks? Loose high and tight low? And cutting off the power straps? I hope you're kidding. smile.gif

 



Only about the socks.  I rarely even buckle the top buckles.. I ski with my feet and ankles, not my calves and shins.

post #34 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markojp View Post


So why bother bothering with tales of woe and minutia? And remember, there are plenty out there who are more balanced and smooth than we all believe ourselves to be.

 



Balance isn't the consideration in mind for my desire for a tight foot fit.

post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post



Only about the socks.  I rarely even buckle the top buckles.. I ski with my feet and ankles, not my calves and shins.



can we see video of you skiing with your feet and ankles....

post #36 of 43

OK, disclaimer first: I 'm on my second apres ski beer, and I'm a cheap drunk, so I may have misunderstood what you meant by instep buckle.

 

My boots have four buckles, two on the leg portion of the boot, sort of above the ankle and two on the foot portion of the boot, closer to the toe.

 

I currently ski two pairs: an old resurrected pair of Koflach Comp 911 with double stacked VIP foam liners (recently cut open along the little toe side) that work great, but are cold cold cold. and a pair of Solomon Crossmax 10s with the heat-fitted sensifit liner.  Both fit the main portions of my feet so closely that I can't wear the thinnest socks in 'em.  The Kofalchs have excellent fit in the heel pocket that make the croxmax boots feel sloppy in the heel.  The toe boxes have been punched out and toe fit is good on both pair.  I find that I just barely buckle the two front buckles, but will tighten the two top buckles, more so the the 2nd from the top, when I desire ultimate control. 

 

post #37 of 43
Thread Starter 

OK, so it's looking like an Intuition is in order.

 

For a 98mm plug, what is the correct thickness?  (it would be obvious if I had a 1500cc 95mm boot, but I don't; I have a 1800cc 98mm boot).  They have three thicknesses.  One is ultrathin in the bottom, and the other not so much.

post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post



can we see video of you skiing with your feet and ankles....



You've seen it live

post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post

OK, so it's looking like an Intuition is in order.

 

For a 98mm plug, what is the correct thickness?  (it would be obvious if I had a 1500cc 95mm boot, but I don't; I have a 1800cc 98mm boot).  They have three thicknesses.  One is ultrathin in the bottom, and the other not so much.



Just

 

 

go

 

 

to

 

 

 

 

boot

 

 

fitter. 

post #40 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by markojp View Post



Just

 

 

go

 

 

to

 

 

 

 

boot

 

 

fitter. 


That's far too reasonable and then he couldn't post these incessant complaints about his boots.

 

post #41 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcyclist View Post

Quote:


That's far too reasonable and then he couldn't post these incessant complaints about his boots.

 



My bootfitter doesn't sell liners.

 

 

Don't read my boot threads if you don't like them.

post #42 of 43

Yes...  I would be surprised.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post



You'd be surprised how balanced and smooth my skiing already is.  I merely want perfection on my feet, that is all.



 

post #43 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonpwdrjunkie View Post

Yes...  I would be surprised.
 



 


What does this mean?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Après-Ski
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Cranking down instep and forefoot buckles for precision... opinions?