I was wrong, the second half of this storm was in fact a jackpot. Wow. At Mt. Bachelor 35'' in 24hr, 55" in 72hr. All this snow has even caused them to shut down for the day. Sounds like a mix of 5 feet of un-plowed snow in the parking lot/radio communication station buried/ too much snow built up on the lifts/ and extreme avalanche danger. And there is still feet of dryer snow in the forecast. This weekend is going to be awwwwwesome. Hip Hip
Related Forum Threads
- New Weather Page Last post on 4/13/13 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012/2013 Sierra snow rewind Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Weather is feeling like repeat of last year Last post on 12/18/12 at 3:56pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2011-12: How Bad Was It? Last post on 7/18/12 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
- How is your ski season going? is the snow boom or bust (Read: repeat of la nina not to be)? Last post on 2/14/12 at 4:30pm in General Skiing Discussion
A picture paints a thousand words so here's a promo video for the resorts in New South Wales http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ESezPu_7I1A
Marcia and I had the opportunity to try these out in Montana. Nolo and Ridge Hippie lent us theirs -- installing them into our helmets was a relative breeze, and we were able to use them for...
In March of ‘12, DSJ got a call from Tom Tanner, manager at Ski Pro Mesa/Tempe, AZ asking whether myself and my wife Karen would like to be part of a promo trip to Red Mountain Resort, BC. After...
My biggest caution: I don't know how on earth they are measuring these things. A 183 barely measures 180. I would have purchased a longer pair online had I known this. But this is the only...
I got these (184's) on the cheap from an experienced 6ft plus 190 lb. plus powderhound in his late 40's who was looking for a one ski quiver and this was not his ski. I think it might have been...
how sweet is this? (yeah you want to look, its snow related and its a stoke) - Page 2
This thing shut the Bachelor down today: 55'' in 72h and counting.
This space reserved for the whiteroom.
So, the question is will it mostly be drifted windpacked?
Current Weather - Snowing heavily. Mid-mountain wind is estimated at 35-50 mph with occasional higher gusts.
Snow Surface - Extremely deep snow. Educate yourself about Tree Well Safety... with the deep snow, Tree Wells are becoming a hidden danger.
Don't forget about the flat light usually associated with powder skiing..
I was able to get out the last 2 days....but low visibility from non-stop snowing was a bummer....
Plus, it was too deep and soft....I mean snow would fly up and hit me in the face sometimes....got my goggles wet.......reaaaalllllly annoying!!!
- how sweet is this? (yeah you want to look, its snow related and its a stoke)
- › How do you teach femur rotation? 34 minutes ago
- › Pass rates on PSIA level 3 exam? 43 minutes ago
- › Memorial Day Weekend -- Who's Still Skiing? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › What are the best ski cars? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Staying Forward - Racers 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 40% off tuning supplies at Artech! 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › High DIN binding question 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by veteran
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by bbinder
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo