I was wrong, the second half of this storm was in fact a jackpot. Wow. At Mt. Bachelor 35'' in 24hr, 55" in 72hr. All this snow has even caused them to shut down for the day. Sounds like a mix of 5 feet of un-plowed snow in the parking lot/radio communication station buried/ too much snow built up on the lifts/ and extreme avalanche danger. And there is still feet of dryer snow in the forecast. This weekend is going to be awwwwwesome. Hip Hip
- topicWeathertagged by System, 1/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- New Weather Page Last post on 4/13/13 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012/2013 Sierra snow rewind Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Weather is feeling like repeat of last year Last post on 12/18/12 at 3:56pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2011-12: How Bad Was It? Last post on 7/18/12 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
Northern Hemisphere Snow Statistics Since 1967
Last edited: 12/9/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
how sweet is this? (yeah you want to look, its snow related and its a stoke) - Page 2
This thing shut the Bachelor down today: 55'' in 72h and counting.
This space reserved for the whiteroom.
So, the question is will it mostly be drifted windpacked?
Current Weather - Snowing heavily. Mid-mountain wind is estimated at 35-50 mph with occasional higher gusts.
Snow Surface - Extremely deep snow. Educate yourself about Tree Well Safety... with the deep snow, Tree Wells are becoming a hidden danger.
Don't forget about the flat light usually associated with powder skiing..
I was able to get out the last 2 days....but low visibility from non-stop snowing was a bummer....
Plus, it was too deep and soft....I mean snow would fly up and hit me in the face sometimes....got my goggles wet.......reaaaalllllly annoying!!!
- how sweet is this? (yeah you want to look, its snow related and its a stoke)
- › Enforcer 93 vs. Kore 93 3 minutes ago
- › Semantics 16 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 29 minutes ago
- › Dalbello Viper 120 ID, size 27.5, new 29 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 39 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 40 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 41 minutes ago
- › Right Foot 45 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › rossignol e88 vs atomic blackeye ti 2016 [intermediate in Australia] 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview