I was wrong, the second half of this storm was in fact a jackpot. Wow. At Mt. Bachelor 35'' in 24hr, 55" in 72hr. All this snow has even caused them to shut down for the day. Sounds like a mix of 5 feet of un-plowed snow in the parking lot/radio communication station buried/ too much snow built up on the lifts/ and extreme avalanche danger. And there is still feet of dryer snow in the forecast. This weekend is going to be awwwwwesome. Hip Hip
- topicWeathertagged by System, 1/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- New Weather Page Last post on 4/13/13 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012/2013 Sierra snow rewind Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Weather is feeling like repeat of last year Last post on 12/18/12 at 3:56pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2011-12: How Bad Was It? Last post on 7/18/12 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
Northern Hemisphere Snow Statistics Since 1967
Last edited: 12/9/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
how sweet is this? (yeah you want to look, its snow related and its a stoke) - Page 2
This thing shut the Bachelor down today: 55'' in 72h and counting.
This space reserved for the whiteroom.
So, the question is will it mostly be drifted windpacked?
Current Weather - Snowing heavily. Mid-mountain wind is estimated at 35-50 mph with occasional higher gusts.
Snow Surface - Extremely deep snow. Educate yourself about Tree Well Safety... with the deep snow, Tree Wells are becoming a hidden danger.
Don't forget about the flat light usually associated with powder skiing..
I was able to get out the last 2 days....but low visibility from non-stop snowing was a bummer....
Plus, it was too deep and soft....I mean snow would fly up and hit me in the face sometimes....got my goggles wet.......reaaaalllllly annoying!!!
- how sweet is this? (yeah you want to look, its snow related and its a stoke)
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 4 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 13 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 18 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 27 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 50 minutes ago
- › Killington Opens tomorrow (October 25th) 53 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 6 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 6 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer