EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Colorado getting some snow!?!?!?!?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorado getting some snow!?!?!?!?! - Page 2

post #31 of 48

Here's my short version trip report on Vail Monday 1/16/12.

 

I had a great day! Skied my tail off. It snowed lightly all day that turned to a blizzard about 3 pm. My last few runs were on some really good snow. I spent most the day at Game Creek. This storm is a good start, but there is still more needed to open up the back bowls. It sounds like another storm is on its way.

 

Stay Tuned.

post #32 of 48

Front Range?

 

I live on the front Range, just got back from Wolf Creek, and generally have three different possibilities (northern/central/southern) for where the fur will fly.  The term Cascade Concrete does not apply to any of our possibilities and you will be able to retire your goggle squeegee you bought for Baker.  Ha!  Enjoy your Powder and hope to see you in our 3.1%

post #33 of 48
Thread Starter 

http://opensnow.com/state/CO

 

Snow everyday from wed. to Mon with heavier storms Thurs night and Sun/Mon.

post #34 of 48
Thread Starter 

best powder day is going to be sunday and maybe later saterday. 8-16 on sat and sat night.

post #35 of 48

Hi Skiers,

Here's my video from Monday. It does show the conditions as of 1-16-12 in Vail. WARNING: if you watch the whole thing, it is 6.5 minutes of your life you will never get back :)

 

More snow is happening. Today though more wind than snow in the mountains. It's coming this weekend if reports are accurate.

 

I had a great day. I pretty much skied Game Creek the whole day.

 

NOTE: I need some good skiers to hang out with to get better ski videos! Contact me if interested.

 

post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post

 

NOTE: I need some good skiers to hang out with to get better ski videos! Contact me if interested.

 

 

"helmet" cams help a bit...but I agree, skiing solo makes for somewhat boring video.  And I mean this with all due respect, but the repeating audio loop on your video kills it :-)

post #37 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by elduderino View Post

"helmet" cams help a bit...but I agree, skiing solo makes for somewhat boring video.  And I mean this with all due respect, but the repeating audio loop on your video kills it :-)


I thought is was the shots of the feet and or tips.  Who will ski with Old Boot??
 

 

post #38 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post

Hi Skiers,

Here's my video from Monday. It does show the conditions as of 1-16-12 in Vail. WARNING: if you watch the whole thing, it is 6.5 minutes of your life you will never get back :)

 

More snow is happening. Today though more wind than snow in the mountains. It's coming this weekend if reports are accurate.

 

I had a great day. I pretty much skied Game Creek the whole day.

 

NOTE: I need some good skiers to hang out with to get better ski videos! Contact me if interested.

 

Will be heading to A-Basin on Tuesday.  Going solo, i'm not a great skier, but I get by.  I will be taking some video and pictures for my company, if you are available would love to play chase.  I am in Parker, BTW.
 

 

post #39 of 48

Dang, I have a meeting in Denver Tuesday afternoon. Maybe I'll get up for the morning. I'll PM you if I figure it out.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierbri10 View Post

Will be heading to A-Basin on Tuesday.  Going solo, i'm not a great skier, but I get by.  I will be taking some video and pictures for my company, if you are available would love to play chase.  I am in Parker, BTW.
 

 



 

post #40 of 48

13" more today!

post #41 of 48


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDHEAD View Post

13" more today!



More like 3"

 

post #42 of 48


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post


 



More like 3"

 


 th_dunno-1[1].gif

 

 

Where were you, Eldora?

post #43 of 48

Keystone and Breck.

13" is a stretch.

 

Realisticaly, 6-8

post #44 of 48

Found several stashes well over knee deep at Steamboat yesterday. yahoo.gif

 

Got more than a few face shots to boot.

post #45 of 48

Bazz' head over to the 2nd and 3rd section of twister trees......  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post

Found several stashes well over knee deep at Steamboat yesterday. yahoo.gif

 

Got more than a few face shots to boot.



 

post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post

Keystone and Breck.

13" is a stretch.

 

Realisticaly, 6-8



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post


 



More like 3"

 


You were in Aspen?


You must like driving a lot if you skied all three?

post #47 of 48

Wasn't in Aspen, thought we were talking Summit/Eagle county.

Sorry.

It was far from the predicted 24" here.

 

Great snow anyway, still need way more.

 

post #48 of 48

I live 15 min from KS and Breck is 30 min away.

Not that much driving.

 

I've done A-Basin and KS in one day, but they're like 10 min from each other.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Colorado getting some snow!?!?!?!?!