I know they make some thin liner gloves now that work with touch screens. Before this season I would just take my glove off and mess with my phone or whatever, but it would be great to get a separate liner and glove combination that was really warm. Does this exist?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noisapp - Motion controlled music: discussion, feedback, and giveaway. Last post on 7/22/15 at 9:02am in General Skiing Discussion
- Ski APP's Last post on 12/11/12 at 5:19am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- Epicski is Now Mobile!! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:05am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- What kind of Smartphone (or Dumbphone) do you use when you ski? Last post on 7/21/12 at 7:05pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Columbia Sportswear battery heated gloves; especially what do extra batteries cost? Last post on 2/27/12 at 7:09am in Ski Gear Discussion
Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show
Last edited: 5/8/13
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche BeaconsLast edited: 11/13/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche Beacons
Ski Gloves that I can use my iPhone with
Liners will go in most any glove ... Costco sells some stretchy liners with grippy palms and texting finger/thumb for about 10 bucks. They have worked great in the gloves I already have. (mostly I wear them in mittens, though, since if it's cold enough to worry about bare hands, it's cold enough for mittens)
this is an option:
or they make the Sensor Glove that works as a liner
I started using these this year
Worked very well. Perhaps a little tight on the thumbs.
Some liner ski gloves with good grip and fitting, you can take a look at these isgloves touchscreen gloves with several sizings:
For 'em mittens that have gloves inside, which still allows you to open the finger caps and use the iphone, might wanna try out another design at http://fiett.com/shop/conductive-touch-screen-gloves?product_id=59
I never thought of that, great idea!
That would be best with an S3. The "S" for "snot."
How about a glove you can point with. Rode up a chair with two other singles--one of the guys was explaining the mountain to the other, pointing out stuff and talking animatedly with his hands--he finally had to take his gloves off so he could talk and point properly. Italian?
I too love Siri when she both understands me and doesn't make me wait 30 seconds for a reply. Have gotten some pretty funny replies from her when I complain about her being too slow or getting something wrong. "I'm only trying to do my job." "There's no need to insult me."
THIS. On the other hand (no pun intended), you can always stitch some contact thread (or whatever that stuff is called) into the finger(s) of any glove you like for this purpose.
I know that both Gordini and Serius make gloves (and glove liners) with metal threads in the pointer finger and thumb that are smart screen compatible. Both of these brands are widely distributed and easy to find in stores.
12 posts before someone notices that a glove capacitance hack could work on any glove.
- Ski Gloves that I can use my iPhone with
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 23 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 31 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer