EpicSki › Groups › Inland Northwest › Discussions › Lookout Wed 1/4

Lookout Wed 1/4

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Groomers good, off piste pretty downright bad.  Chair 2 started to soften about 1130 and Sundance under chair 2 skied good after lunch.  /Front side in AM, Chair 3 pretty frozen all day.  Chili good and Moosedrool superb. Can you believe there were people on the deck having lunch and enjoyed the warm sun on January 4th.   Ugh

post #2 of 9

Pete, 

 

Thanks for posting, I am watching the weather and eager to take a trip your way once the snow conditions will justify it. White Pass had pretty good dump around the new years but that's about it. Forecast for central and western Washington doesn't look like anything special at this point. I will PM you if I see something good. 

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemat View Post

Pete, 

 

Thanks for posting, I am watching the weather and eager to take a trip your way once the snow conditions will justify it. White Pass had pretty good dump around the new years but that's about it. Forecast for central and western Washington doesn't look like anything special at this point. I will PM you if I see something good. 



     Lookout and Schweitzer hav e been doing a great job with what they have.  Silver sucks.  We need some more and there is nothing on the forecast for a week.  Going cat skiing 17&18 boy I hope it snows at least a little by then.

 

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete No. Idaho View Post



     Lookout and Schweitzer hav e been doing a great job with what they have.  Silver sucks.  We need some more and there is nothing on the forecast for a week.  Going cat skiing 17&18 boy I hope it snows at least a little by then.

 


Was up at BRC yesterday.

 

Snow was actually great. It's just they still have a very low base.. tons of brush, fallen timber and stumps to avoid. Lots of traversing to skiable lines. Lots of waiting as people untangled themselves from brush. Add in high avy danger and it kind of limits things.

 

I pushed my second day back to early March when I'll be up there again. They could really use a big storm or two to cover some things up.

 

post #5 of 9

Taking this thread off track with more BRC discussion..

 

Pete, Your pic from last year:

 

3f66522b_IMG_0797.JPG pete's pic

 

This year:

 

IMG_1090.JPG

 

 

Few more trees?

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spknmike View Post

Taking this thread off track with more BRC discussion..

 

Pete, Your pic from last year:

 

3f66522b_IMG_0797.JPG  pete's pic

 

This year:

 

IMG_1090.JPG

 

 

Few more trees?



Thanks Mike thats telling me to postpone trip again, hope Paula doesn't mind.  When did you take this pic?

 

post #7 of 9

I took that pic yesterday at 11am. Looks like most of the little trees are covered in your pic vs mine.

 

Paula was pretty flexible in rescheduling. You could ask if you can try one day and then decide if you want to ski day 2 or bank it. (That's what I did and March 4/5 is when I'm headed back.)

 

I took a helmet cam, I'll see if I can't put something together in the next few days and you can see conditions for yourself. The skiing wasn't bad, it just could of been a lot better with more snow. Nice and soft snow, just lots of obstacles.

 

I'm headed up to RK this Saturday, as they have been seeing more snow. (Same deal as you) 40cm in last 48 hours.

post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 

For anyone who cares.  Epic is a great source for skiers.  Was able to reschedule 2 day cat trip because of Mike's posting of a picture from almost the identical spot where I took one last year. Nowsceduled for Feb 12 and 13th.  Thanks Mike and Thanks Epic.

post #9 of 9

I'm glad you were able to postpone the trip, Pete! 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Inland Northwest
EpicSki › Groups › Inland Northwest › Discussions › Lookout Wed 1/4