Recommended accomodations in Whitefish based on experiences?
- itemWhitefish Mountain Resorttagged by System, 1/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Debate: Whitefish v. Steamboat Last post on 1/8/17 at 3:56pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016/2017 Wyoming/Montana/Idaho Updates and Discussion Last post on 2/16/17 at 1:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First remember I live here, so rarely stay in hotels....
What type of place are you looking for? Hotel with restaurant? B&B? Cheap? On mountain? In town?
Been to WFM many times and always stay here: http://www.meadowlake.com/
These have a shuttle that runs to-from the ski resort every day. The resort is close to the grocery store if needed. And the best local restaurant in Columbia Falls is the Back Door Restaurant ... very good local food at a reasonable price.
Whitefish is probably the best bar hopping town in Montana. If you are planning on going out at night get a place in town or near town that provides a shuttle all times of night....many of the bartenders have the numbers of lodging like Grouse Mountain Lodge to call for drunk customers.
The OP has never come back to the thread to tell us what's important to him.
And thanks, Rio. Not sure you know that there is now an intervening stop on the bar hop route, Haskill Station.
- High road (Hellroaring Chalet)
- Low road (Bierstube)
- Haskill Station
- Great Northern
Alternative ending is Crush Bar.
Casey's has been razed and is being re-built.
The Downtowner isn't bad - probably the best combination of inexpensive price and central downtown location (about a block from the ski bus - about a 20-30min ride to the mountain).
Great choice according to my cousin who usually stay there when he visit's.
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › 178CM SALOMON QST 118 W/ AXIAL2 120 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Ski Boots - size question 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › How fast do you ski? 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › AT setup for in resort use? 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Powder or corn 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview