Recommended accomodations in Whitefish based on experiences?
- itemWhitefish Mountain Resorttagged by System, 1/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First remember I live here, so rarely stay in hotels....
What type of place are you looking for? Hotel with restaurant? B&B? Cheap? On mountain? In town?
Been to WFM many times and always stay here: http://www.meadowlake.com/
These have a shuttle that runs to-from the ski resort every day. The resort is close to the grocery store if needed. And the best local restaurant in Columbia Falls is the Back Door Restaurant ... very good local food at a reasonable price.
Whitefish is probably the best bar hopping town in Montana. If you are planning on going out at night get a place in town or near town that provides a shuttle all times of night....many of the bartenders have the numbers of lodging like Grouse Mountain Lodge to call for drunk customers.
The OP has never come back to the thread to tell us what's important to him.
And thanks, Rio. Not sure you know that there is now an intervening stop on the bar hop route, Haskill Station.
- High road (Hellroaring Chalet)
- Low road (Bierstube)
- Haskill Station
- Great Northern
Alternative ending is Crush Bar.
Casey's has been razed and is being re-built.
The Downtowner isn't bad - probably the best combination of inexpensive price and central downtown location (about a block from the ski bus - about a 20-30min ride to the mountain).
Great choice according to my cousin who usually stay there when he visit's.
- › Demo bindings 1 minute ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 27 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 35 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Confirmed: VW bringing Golf Sportwagen Alltrack to the U.S. (for... 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer