New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Uproar at Snowbasin? - Page 9

post #241 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smartyiak View Post

Since this thread does not appear to be dying...

 

A long time ago, I was employed as a life-guard. 

 

Why should it die?  There's no snow, and this thread has the most win since Skinning uphill at JHMR. 

 

This one time, at band camp...

post #242 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyymc View Post

Quote:

 

This one time, at band camp...


... I stuck a flute in the snow as an avy probe.

post #243 of 259


Quote:

Originally Posted by billyymc View Post

Quote:

Why should it die?  There's no snow, and this thread has the most win since Skinning uphill at JHMR. 

This one time, at band camp...



B/c the morning's paper had the headline: Man who beats dead horse died late last night.

 

post #244 of 259


 

Quote:

Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post

This made me laugh.  If anyone represents a UTard, it's Joe.  Had to peace out of this conversation.  I think i was just gritting my teeth at work trying to will it to snow.  Don't watch the video.  Don't join this discussion.  Save yourself and go tell some 6'3'' 210lb dude that yes, his 165 hellbents are too small for him.
 

 


You had to "peace out" because you didn't have an intelligent word to add to the thread. And apparently can't make a single post without a lame joke or attack of some sort. I also doubt you ever made it over to TGR because your POV wasn't exactly popular there.

post #245 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lee View Post
Comparing the patroller to snipers and daycare bombers.  This is a new low. rolleyes.gif

 

Hyperbole to illustrate the frustrating things made up in the last few pages of this thread. Oh the kids were causing trouble before (but this somehow goes unmentioned in the 10 minutes they were talking), or the patrollers set them up, or they set up the patrollers.. etc. Every post seemed to make up some new circumstance.


Edited by hmpph - 1/3/12 at 12:43pm
post #246 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeUT View Post


 

Quote:


You had to "peace out" because you didn't have an intelligent word to add to the thread. And apparently can't make a single post without a lame joke or attack of some sort. I also doubt you ever made it over to TGR because your POV wasn't exactly popular there.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I've never posted any video of any kind, here or there.  I haven't had a helmet cam until this year, and I have yet to purchase a memory card for it.  So you finding some feaux video of me, is that an intelligent additive?  I would much rather leave a lame joke or attack than to get way out of sorts over something like this.  

 

and about the bold part, it's impressive how close you put a lame attack to a statement condemning the same act.
 

 

post #247 of 259

POV means "point of view" and wasn't referencing a video in this case.

post #248 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmpph View Post

Hyperbole to illustrate the frustrating things made up in the last few pages of this thread. Oh the kids were causing trouble before (but this somehow goes unmentioned in the 10 minutes they were talking), or the patrollers set them up, or they set up the patrollers.. etc. Every post seemed to make up some new circumstance.


Okay.  And if I were to accept your explanation above, did this thread need some outrageous hyperbole?  


Edited by Bob Lee - 1/3/12 at 5:44pm
post #249 of 259

I have no comment at this time but if you want to discuss the way the hirearchy @ Snowbasin runs things let's sit down over a couple of beers and I will go into great detail..............

post #250 of 259

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post..............
Too many people here not figuring out what Patrol is about. 


+1

 

Damn I hate most of the posts in this thread.  No Respect. Many ski patrollers are also volunteer firemen and/or volunteer EMTs.    If any of you are caught in a real bad ski accident or  motor vehicle accident,  which I hope your are not, but if you are,  a ski patroller  may be there to save you while you are crying and screaming at the top of your lungs how bad you hurt or worse you may be unconscious unresponsive.   All you hypocrites are still going to want someone to save you or a loved one in your time of need.  nonono2.gif

 

I know we all need snow but this thread is pure BSmeter.gif and a waste of time.

post #251 of 259


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

 

Quote:


+1

 

Damn I hate most of the posts in this thread.  No Respect. Many ski patrollers are also volunteer firemen and/or volunteer EMTs.    If any of you are caught in a real bad ski accident or  motor vehicle accident,  which I hope your are not, but if you are,  a ski patroller  may be there to save you while you are crying and screaming at the top of your lungs how bad you hurt or worse you may be unconscious unresponsive.   All you hypocrites are still going to want someone to save you or a loved one in your time of need.  nonono2.gif

 

I know we all need snow but this thread is pure BSmeter.gif and a waste of time.


Are you suggesting that because of the termination of the one patroller, snowbasin's slopes are more dangerous because they are running a 1-man deficit now?

 

 

I respect your point, but would point out the most prolific serial killer in the history of our country was a physician!  Yes, Michael Swongo is now at the MDX Florence SuperMax prison for his evil deeds.

 

Holding a particular job doesn't absolve you of the need to be respectful and professional.

 

post #252 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post


 


Are you suggesting that because of the termination of the one patroller, snowbasin's slopes are more dangerous because they are running a 1-man deficit now?

 

 

I respect your point, but would point out the most prolific serial killer in the history of our country was a physician!  Yes, Michael Swongo is now at the MDX Florence SuperMax prison for his evil deeds.

 

Holding a particular job doesn't absolve you of the need to be respectful and professional.

 


 

Did that post make sense when you thought it up? Because it looks pretty ridiculous and irrelevant when typed out.

post #253 of 259

2008Aspen040.jpg

 

 

2008Aspen039.jpg

post #254 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeUT View Post


 

Did that post make sense when you thought it up? Because it looks pretty ridiculous and irrelevant when typed out.



Really? That's what you choose to do? Are you actually saying you are in agreement with the poster above, who clearly states that if you ever think you might rely on ski patrollers (or any organization for that matter), you better not criticize them under any circumstances and that any criticism of any facet of anything you either need now or might need in the future is disrespectful and hypocritical. That line of reasoning is so visibly flawed that I wasn't even going to respond to it at first..

post #255 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmpph View Post



Really? That's what you choose to do? Are you actually saying you are in agreement with the poster above, who clearly states that if you ever think you might rely on ski patrollers (or any organization for that matter), you better not criticize them under any circumstances and that any such criticism is disrespectful and hypocritical. That line of reasoning is so visibly flawed that I wasn't even going to respond to it at first..

 

Why didn't you argue with that guy then? I wasn't commenting on what he said, nor is it very relevant to how skewed VS' post is. The comparison about a serial-killing doctor was absolutely out-there ridiculous.
 

 

post #256 of 259


This is what being a patrol is about: doing honor to the jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post

2008Aspen040.jpg

 

 

2008Aspen039.jpg



 

post #257 of 259

This makes no sense and attempts to paint all criticism with the same broad brush.

 

example: you make ski accident victims seem really weak because they are screaming, in other words, because they have lost their cool.

 

Then you seek to portray all patrol as life saving heroes, even one who has lost his cool and shames the association, IMO.

 

I have been in the middle of one of the toughest rescues ever performed at Squaw, and no one lost their cool. It's paramount in the work patrol do.

 

Another unbelievably stressful situation for patrol: (the Cable car rescue was a patrol's nightmare and they shined that day.)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

 

Quote:


+1

 

Damn I hate most of the posts in this thread.  No Respect. Many ski patrollers are also volunteer firemen and/or volunteer EMTs.    If any of you are caught in a real bad ski accident or  motor vehicle accident,  which I hope your are not, but if you are,  a ski patroller  may be there to save you while you are crying and screaming at the top of your lungs how bad you hurt or worse you may be unconscious unresponsive.   All you hypocrites are still going to want someone to save you or a loved one in your time of need.  nonono2.gif

 

I know we all need snow but this thread is pure BSmeter.gif and a waste of time.



 

post #258 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeConcrete View Post

"no one has any more credibility than anyone else"

 

Since when?  I seem to remember you indicating that my point was invalid and my story lacked credibility because i only had a handful of posts on epic.  And since you had sooooooooooooooo many more posts, i should believed YOUR side of a story that I was apart of, not you.  Did i pass the mendoza line? Must be that after 15 posts all opinions have credibility.

  Seriously I was told that I needed to post a video of myself to attain status, or as Ace Ventura once said "attain my intergalactic oneness on epicski"...   This is the biggest problem on this site and somewhat of a joke.    Frankly if this site were to be actually based on ability and using the criteria of video status, I think the guy who skied the moon couloir would be one of the top moderators along with only a handful of other people on this board,     And to top it off when someone actually does put a killer video up, people f-in pick it apart and bash it, bunch of BS.     
 

 

post #259 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

 

Quote:


+1

 

Damn I hate most of the posts in this thread.  No Respect. Many ski patrollers are also volunteer firemen and/or volunteer EMTs.    If any of you are caught in a real bad ski accident or  motor vehicle accident,  which I hope your are not, but if you are,  a ski patroller  may be there to save you while you are crying and screaming at the top of your lungs how bad you hurt or worse you may be unconscious unresponsive.   All you hypocrites are still going to want someone to save you or a loved one in your time of need.  nonono2.gif

 

I know we all need snow but this thread is pure BSmeter.gif and a waste of time.

hmm,   like any profession there are good cops and bad cops, that applies to all walks and jobs of life. 
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion