EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Can you name the resort with the largest ski patrol in the USA?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can you name the resort with the largest ski patrol in the USA? - Page 2

post #31 of 48

??? so is Camelback the answer, or did the layout of your reply get messed up?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post

 


Some great guesses, but not quite on the money.  Some of the above are closing in on the answer.

 

 



 

post #32 of 48

Jiminy Peak?

post #33 of 48

Lake Placid?

post #34 of 48

i was gonna guess Blue Mountain, in honor of Phil.  But I'll say: Mountain Creek in NJ.

 

-Smarty 

post #35 of 48

Oh oh Boston Bills/Brandywine, OH!

 

 

I have some family in that area, and I remember hearing they accept a lot of "honorary" ski patrol members (I guess you could call it that), even people who don't actually ski or board. They just help out as needed.

post #36 of 48

Blue Mountain Patrol in PA  has 197 registered NSP patrollers.   If you got a larger patrol than that I would be interested in knowing what it is. 

post #37 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

Oh oh Boston Bills/Brandywine, OH!

 

 

I have some family in that area, and I remember hearing they accept a lot of "honorary" ski patrol members (I guess you could call it that), even people who don't actually ski or board. They just help out as needed.


YES!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

Blue Mountain Patrol in PA  has 197 registered NSP patrollers.   If you got a larger patrol than that I would be interested in knowing what it is. 


250 at Boston Mills/Brandywine, one for each vertical foot of hill.  Ahhh, so safe smile.gif  A hill so small, with a patrol so large.

post #38 of 48

Judging on how the original poster laid out the criteria, I would have to say Mountain Creek, NJ or Camelback, PA

 

 

post #39 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post

Judging on how the original poster laid out the criteria, I would have to say Mountain Creek, NJ or Camelback, PA

 

 



See post 37.

post #40 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post


YES!

 

 

 


250 at Boston Mills/Brandywine, one for each vertical foot of hill.  Ahhh, so safe smile.gif  A hill so small, with a patrol so large.


Wow, are they all paid??

 

 

 

So, what is my prize? Will you do a snow dance for me?

 

post #41 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post


Wow, are they all paid?? No.

 

 

 

So, what is my prize? Will you do a snow dance for me? You bet.  We need all the help we can get from Mother Nature!

 



 

post #42 of 48

Wow I thought Ohio was perfectly flat.   duck.gif

 

Are you sure that 250 feet isn't more like 25 feet. 

post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

Wow I thought Ohio was perfectly flat.   duck.gif


Cincinnati is actually one of the hillier cities I can think of. Cleveland (where Boston Mills and Brandywine are located) is also surprisingly uneven. They are all little hills, but there are a lot of them!

 

post #44 of 48



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post



It would be a province, and it wouldn't be in the USA.



 I think it's a Commonwealth much like MA.

post #45 of 48
So what was the prize for winning? I assume there's a prize wink.gif
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post



 



 I think it's a Commonwealth much like MA.


It is a province.  Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.  Canada was once governed by Great Britain and is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations (formerly British Commonwealth),  hence your confusion.   
 

 

post #47 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhh View Post

So what was the prize for winning? I assume there's a prize wink.gif


A snowdance for LiveJazz.

post #48 of 48

The ones I would have guessed were already said so:
Okemo?

Stowe?

Jack Frost/Big Boulder?(Close mountain to NYC)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Can you name the resort with the largest ski patrol in the USA?