Looks a lot like Twin Slides to me. I haven't been up there in a while so I couldn't say for sure. Definitely the biggest pile I've ever seen from one event.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemJackson Holetagged by System, 12/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an Alta lodge experience at JH or W/B Last post on 9/28/16 at 8:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Jackson Hole: Stay in Teton Village or Outside Last post on 10/6/16 at 1:49pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Flight Prices from North East to Jackson Hole Last post on 9/26/16 at 2:41pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 10/9/16 at 7:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Jackson Hole Snow - Page 4post #91 of 1141/23/12 at 7:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1141/23/12 at 7:53pmpost #93 of 1141/23/12 at 8:44pm
Don't really know. Don't care much about skiing steep groomers. The steepest stuff that gets groomed semi-regularly is Bivouac & Laramie Bowl. The steepest thing I can think of that gets groomed every day would be Rendezvous Trail.post #94 of 1141/24/12 at 3:15pm
Finally some photos. These are from out of bounds today, 1-24-2012:
Top of Rendezvous Bowl, looking across toward Cody Peak:
Upper Rock Springs:
Booting up to Four Pines:
Looking back on the top of the tram and the top of Rendezvous Bowl from the Four Pines knoll:
Random German snowboarder who dropped in on top of me:
Having fun:post #95 of 1141/25/12 at 8:24ampost #96 of 1141/25/12 at 1:52pmpost #97 of 1141/25/12 at 9:23pmpost #98 of 1141/26/12 at 2:54pm
I don't know why we're so lucky, but the snow just keeps on comin'
We had five new inches this morning and it's been snowing HARD all day. We did some out of bounds laps, but my friends who were inbounds said it was fantastic all over the mountain.
The skiing was sublime today and tomorrow (fingers crossed) should be the best day of the season. We've had almost successive "best day" skiing for the last week, so why stop now?
Based on how hard it was snowing and how much wind there was today, tomorrow has the potential to be a pretty significantly delayed opening due to avalanche control work. That's just fine as it simply means more snow when they get it open.
If you haven't made plans to come ski Jackson Hole this year, you really ought to. It's good.post #99 of 1141/28/12 at 7:35pmHoly Sweet Styrofoam Batman!
Today's AM windblown plastic fantastic was really fun. A mix of carve and float.
Everything skied great. HA! A heard a lady complain about slick spots... If she only knew...post #100 of 1141/29/12 at 8:08am
I was there this past week for the first time... What a place! Super friendly people everywhere... The skiing was great, especially on Thursday during the snowstorm and on Friday when the sun was out... I'm so jealous of you guys that get to ski there full time and can't wait to go back.post #101 of 1141/30/12 at 8:48ampost #102 of 1141/31/12 at 5:41am
Top of Tram shortly after we saw The Sage yesterday morning. He mentioned the Bowl was "a little windy"...
In the second video, Damaris got blown all the way to the fence, Blaze was going to get her. Howlin' it was!
Relatively innocuous at the base, I wasn't expecting this:
Some great gear cameos in that one. Eden is carrying the current Atomic Century. Christy skied it 85+ days last season then my daughter promptly acquired it and now loves it. Blaze and last year's Atomic Blog w/ Marker Squire- a great combo. Light and nimble, it has really helped him become the skier he is today. Blaze's Bonfire suit was a great value. I'm amazed by how well it has held up, now w/ many, many days of pre-teen abuse. Now all too short for him, Blaze is eyeing some new colors.
Edited by Skiing-in-Jackson - 1/31/12 at 6:41ampost #103 of 1141/31/12 at 6:18ampost #104 of 1141/31/12 at 6:45ampost #105 of 1141/31/12 at 6:04pmpost #106 of 1142/3/12 at 3:32pm
Just thought I'd post a couple photos from the last week or so.
Severe clear weather right now (and forecast is the same for several days) but so far the skiing is holding up EXTREMELY well:post #107 of 1142/29/12 at 11:04pmpost #108 of 1143/2/12 at 7:22am
Amazing snow this week!
First, a new ice rink on the Town Square is a hit with the kids. It's really fun. Don't miss it- great fun! $3.00 for skate rentals.
Lots of this the past few days... Conditions have been legendary. One day the temp was something like 28° and 4° at the top of Bridger Gondola. Completely blower!
This was yesterday. Christy and Blaze coming out of Lower Casper Bowl- from the high traverse. There's a little side stepping involved, but well worth it!post #109 of 1143/5/12 at 9:19pm
Skied Casper Bowl from the top Thursday or Friday (so much skiing, I got the days mixed up). The hike up the headwall was painful (and a little embarrassing) but the skiing was worth it. Almost waist deep, and only a couple of tracks in the whole bowl. Face shots!
In the small world department, I met Skiing-in-Jackson on the SMART bus into town. I was sitting right behind him and in the course of the trip figured out who he was and introduced myself. That 7:25 bus is definitely a party bus!post #110 of 1143/28/12 at 6:42am
Impromptu vid of Blaze coming down the Headwall yesterday. A light dusting of pow covering icy crudmelt made for some rough conditions. On piste skiing was excellent all day. Mrs. SIJ skied bell to bell on a shop 178 S7 and loved it.post #111 of 1143/28/12 at 6:48am
Although he's not really a normal teen is he? When asked about getting something to eat, he said......"your call"
Most teens would end the run saying......"where's the food?"post #112 of 1143/28/12 at 7:03ampost #113 of 1143/28/12 at 7:34ampost #114 of 11412/20/12 at 9:42pmThread StarterThis thread has taken off since the last time I was here. I had such a great trip were gonna be coming back this year in mid January! I want to thank Teton powder junkie also because he showed us around for a full day and it was amazing. He totally whooped our a** so we definitely owed him a beer or two after that day haha. Sorry It's taken so long to get back here, but the new season is already here. Everything was better than expected I just wish we had some fresh snow. We woke up the day we left to snow flakes falling which we felt was just our luck haha . Thanks again to Teton powder junkie and I'm looking forward to getting back again in January!
- Jackson Hole Snow
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...
- › Bode News 32 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 33 minutes ago
- › Where HAVE you skied? 35 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 3 hours ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer