I am planning to buy one of the bluetooth headset for my helmet to listen to the music while snowboarding. Does anyone use bluetooth headset on their helmet?
Related Forum Threads
- Any good Bluetooths for skiing/snowboarding? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Few Helmets in Ski Magazine Photos and Vail Videos Last post on 11/10/09 at 10:03am in Après-Ski
- Helmet cams Last post on 8/12/09 at 9:42am in Ski Gear Discussion
- ELE Action Camera Review Last post on 3/28/16 at 10:54am in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Ski helmets for narrow (oval) head Last post on 11/11/14 at 8:14am in Ski Gear Discussion
Marker Protective Snow Equipment
Last edited: 6/10/16
- Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW ShowLast edited: 5/8/13
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche BeaconsLast edited: 11/13/12
- Helmet Effectiveness ResearchLast edited: 4/25/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Bluetooth headsetpost #1 of 712/23/11 at 3:18amThread Starterpost #2 of 712/23/11 at 7:01am
I have been using a Uclear bluetooth for this season and it has worked flawlessly. The model I have is the HBC100, they have since released the HBC120 which is a ski specific model that includes a helmet to helmet communicator. I have been very happy with the sound quality, design and battery life.post #3 of 712/28/11 at 2:33pmThread Starter
Have you heard of Sena SPH10? It is also one of the Bluetooth headset, but with intercom feature.
Intercom provides completely different riding experience to the users from the availability of communication during the ride.
With Sena SPH10, you can easily communicate with your companions. You can warn them if you encounter with icy slope. You can direct them to the route you planned to go. You can chat during a ride.
Try Sena SPH10 to experience a fun, safe, and memorable ride.post #4 of 712/28/11 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 73/6/12 at 8:49am
I think all the Bluetooth products coming out now are going to be a hit. It's much easier to listen to music without having to mess with a wire or any of that. A lot of them allow you to use your phone too, which I wouldn't ever really need to do on the slopes, but it has its perks. I like the Smith Optics products, they partner with Skullcandy a decent bit to produce these kind of helmets and devices. I like how they have a controls on the outer part of the helmet so you can have everything easily accessed and don't need to take off your gloves.post #6 of 73/6/12 at 9:35am
A friend of mine uses these. He is a techy and is extremely happy with the operation. They fit many non-Smith helmets too.post #7 of 73/7/12 at 12:38pm
Just posted a review of the Sena SPH10G here:
Surprised there hasn't been more feedback on these, though they are pretty new. I havn't seen any others out there at my local ski area (Crystal). Recommend the Sena.
I also tried the $80 Giro bluetooth from rei:
The Giro unit didn't work with my Andriod Razr 4G phone during call initiation where phone voice prompts "please say a command" failed to be forwarded to the helmet, yet the phone clearly was waiting for me to say "dial joe...". Lame.
- Bluetooth headset
- Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show
- › Atomic Vantage 90 CTI Skis 16 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 58 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 58 minutes ago
- › Pondering a new bike (but I really shouldn't ... but hey, summer... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Mountains that offer skiing and mountain biking 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › More Retro memories???? 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview