Looking for any replies from locals who have been on the mountain recently. Will be there from Dec 27 to Jan 2, from the looks of it it doesn't seem to be shaping up to be the early season that Jackson had last year. Any thoughts?
- itemJackson Holetagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- JH vs Keystone Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Looking for an Alta lodge experience at JH or W/B Last post on 9/28/16 at 8:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Jackson Hole: Stay in Teton Village or Outside Last post on 10/6/16 at 1:49pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Flight Prices from North East to Jackson Hole Last post on 9/26/16 at 2:41pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
conditions in Jacksonpost #1 of 312/16/11 at 10:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/17/11 at 6:13am
I've only missed two days this season. I've been out everyday this week on alpine, telemark, and snowboard gear. This is my 22nd season at the JHMR and this year has been one of the best openings I can remember. It needs to be said that last year was a statistical outlier. I can't remember any other year that was even close to what we saw last season for the opener and then it just stayed good. So.... this year, from our above average opening to now, we haven't seen much snow fall. I don't think we will see much in the next couple of days to a week. I think we are still on or above average for this time of year, but are losing ground "on the average" if we don't see a few storms roll in just before Christmas.
I have been having a lot of fun skiing and think that the skiing is very good on the groomers and selected off piste runs. It is far from the Jackson Hole experience that we dream about, but it is fun. There are lots of areas of exposed rock and embedded "chocolate chips" out there and you need to be careful and aware on your fist runs through a new area. Apre Vous and Casper are skiing great with the snow-making running at full tilt. Thunder has areas that have been good, but is much more variable. I am not taking my new skis on the upper mountain, but have been using them with impunity on AV and Casper.
I would say that we are 2-3 storms away from a full opening. A lot can change fast around here and a decent week long cycle with some wind might put us right were we need to be. We got about 4" this week and I was surprised how much it improved things. I would really like to see a nice system roll in, but if I could predict weather, I wouldn't be posting here. From what I'm hearing there aren't many options that are even as good as what Jackson has right now. Just come skiing and have fun. Chances are that the snow will eventually show up and everyone will stop whining.post #3 of 312/17/11 at 11:47amThread Starter
- conditions in Jackson
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...
- › Little Areas That Rock! 14 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 29 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 36 minutes ago
- › How do I know if my ski binding position is in the proper place for... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Edges and Bases. Where to start ? This is 'approximatley'... 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Two new lifts at Powder Mountain? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer