Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 12/13/15 at 9:48pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/27/15 at 5:21am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:11pm in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
It’s a shame that in the last few years the Balkans have not had great snowfall. And coupled with this the resort of Chepelare has been dreadfully mismanaged. Chepelare is a fantastic ski area...
In the proper length this is a great all mountain ski, but only "IF" someone is a very good skier. I am about 5'10 and 160lbs, I purchased a 179cm Charger last year at this time and used them all...
My wife after having taken 10yrs off from skiing re started her skiing when I bought these for her in a 162cm maybe 161cm....anyway she is 5'4 and 130lbs athletic, 42 years old.....she really likes...
Bought these late in the season last year (NZ season). I found them to be really versatile in a range of snow conditions. They are superb on the groomers, quick edge to edge and pretty stable at...
If you're an expert who loves steep, then Big White might not be the best spot, but I imagine most people overstate their abilities in their minds. There's a good chance Big White is plenty...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Skill development vs Technique mastery 2 minutes ago
- › 15/16 Bonafide vs Enforcer 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › SKI magazine 2017 ski reviews are out 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Fischer Mt Pro 86 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › 3 pair of all metal Rossignol MFX bindings in need of a new home. 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › August 2016 Image of the Month Thread 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › If you could pick one mountain town to live in the US... 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Australia / New Zealand 2016 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › 2013 Salomon Rockette 92 by Guy Anderson
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 84 Skis by BrettM
- › Big White by DanH
- › Jaybird Freedom by tylrwnzl
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by tank8681
- › Burton Men's [Ak] 2L Cyclic Jacket, True Black, Large by comfortstarr
- › Holimont by burndust
- › Beech Mountain Resort by ChimneyRidgeTC
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...
- › Darn Tough Socks - The Last Socks You'll...
- › 2017 Volkl Confession Review
- › The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
- › Unofficial Guide to STOWE
- › Marker Protective Snow Equipment