Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 2/16/15 at 8:26pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Advice Last post on 3/4/14 at 10:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
I would give 0 stars if it were possible. I have never been so furious at a ski instructor or the way a ski school is run in my entire life. My son needed to use the bathroom during his lesson and...
These are actually from the 13/14 season. They are extremely stable under foot and were built to go fast. That being said they are also very forgiving when you do something you should not have...
The slopes are amazing and despite no snow I would recommend everyone to ski at least once.
Don't miss taking a trip to Mt Bachelor. You will never regret being able to ski a dormant volcano. The view from the top towards the "Three Sisters" is amazing. The people in Bend, Oregon are...
I rented and skied these for six days at Solden, Austria. Wow, fun. The only ski I've been able to carve a 180° arc. The snow ranged from soft pack to firm to ice. This ski was under me,...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › WHATS THE BEST SKI TOWN!!!?? 4 minutes ago
- › Beer League Slalom Ski Question 7 minutes ago
- › Ski purge: Mens and womens - all good stuff (Kastle, Lhasa Pow,... 10 minutes ago
- › The Boot Glove 12 minutes ago
- › Help with a steering issue (alignment?) 14 minutes ago
- › DPS wailer 99 23 minutes ago
- › Kessler skis 33 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 36 minutes ago
- › 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 37 minutes ago
- › Prettiest Skis of 2014/2015/2016? 38 minutes ago
- › Copper Mountain by meleemeum
- › 2015 Head i.Supershape Titan Skis by tachedub
- › Crested Butte Mountain Resort by BLittlejohn3
- › Mt. Bachelor by MavrickMoose
- › 2014 Head i.Supershape Rally Ski by SoftSnowGuy
- › Gore Mountain by bmurray
- › 2015 Nordica Fire Arrow 76 Ti Evo by dadtune
- › Mount Sunapee by ralba
- › Cannon Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Blue Knob by frozen8864
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #2
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.
- › Cat-Skiing with Big Red Cats, British...
- › The 2015 Volkl Mantra: Your New All Mountain...
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.