Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 12/13/15 at 9:48pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/27/15 at 5:21am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on Today at 10:24 am in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Went on 2/8/16. Snow was kind of sticky as it was around 38 degrees. My wife, a very new skier, at first found it a little steep for learning, but then we located the meadows (?) area and all was...
An ideal resort if the weather conditions are right to start your kids skiing. In flat light the tree lined runs are great. The locals are also friendly with delicious reasonably priced food and...
Visiting Chamonix could potentially be the highlight of any skiers career. The Aguille Du Midi and Vallee Blanche is genuinely an amazing place to ski, one that you'll never forget, skiing on a...
I'm not sure how to review a place like this. 1) We're in Minnesota, so we don't have mountains anyways, just hills. 2) This one is right in the Twin City metro area, where those hills are even...
Take this review with a grain of salt. I'm a new boarder. Aside from rentals, this is my first pair of snowboard boots. Bought these at my local shop. I liked that they were all black and not too...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › ski poles 1 minute ago
- › Moving boot bindings forward on ski using boot size adjustments 2 minutes ago
- › Biggest challenge in skiing healthy right now? 17 minutes ago
- › Volkl, Blizzard, Fisher, Marker, Solomon, Tecnica 18 minutes ago
- › Impromptu Spring Break Trip? 20 minutes ago
- › Park City Warning 20 minutes ago
- › 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion 23 minutes ago
- › Getting back into the Game [6'7", has done boot fitting] 25 minutes ago
- › Smith IOX question 31 minutes ago
- › Atomic Vantage 90 CTI Skis 37 minutes ago
- › Afton Alps by comfortstarr
- › Courmayeur by Lewn777
- › Chamonix by Lewn777
- › Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area by comfortstarr
- › Salomon Dialogue Snowboard Boot - Men's by comfortstarr
- › Hot Gear Bag by Lpass
- › Apex MC3 Peak Performance Ski Boot by Beenthereskier
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by hlhoffman
- › Nordica Dobermann WC 150 by slowskier
- › Sugar Mountain Ski Area by Sc33
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Quattro RX...
- › Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGE
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Skis Preview
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 DPS Wailer 105 Review
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Rossignol Slat Review
- › WORLD LEADING 3D SKI MAPS COMING TO ALL MAJOR...
- › Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery...
- › SkiEssentials.com - K2 Pinnacle 95 Review
- › Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Top 5 Fridays - North Pole Temps, Protect Our...