Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Spring fling south of the border. Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:16am in Trip Reports
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 2/16/15 at 8:26pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
For the money that you pay the boot is surprisingly low quality and badly build/thought over. You pay the most money of all the boots out there (maybe Strolz is a bit more expensive but atleast in...
Took a trip to Winter Park on two occasions in the winter of 2014/2015. The first trip was three days mid December, the second trip was three days in late February. Both occasions the snow was...
We broke up our two days at Snowmass with a day at Aspen Highlands. When I come back to Aspen someday, it's likely I will spend most of my time at Highlands and Ajax. Highlands in particular,...
We took a bit of a risk in visiting Aspen towards the end of the season to score cheaper lodging, but were rewarded with fantastic spring weather. Snowmass, Highlands, and Ajax all hold snow quite...
My girlfriend and I lived in Sandy in 1971 -72 and skied everyday at Alta. It's a fun mountain, but you have to do a lot of hiking to get to the best skiing.
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Vail to officially announce PCMR/Canyons merger today 17 minutes ago
- › Narrow last cause of my cold feet? 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Vintage ski bags and binding gaiters 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Best ski picture - you have taken 4 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › 2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Best skis for ambitious upper intermediate woman? And test first,... 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › EpicSki member becomes Bike Legend?? 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Basalt versus Edwards 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Skillfulness vs technique 5 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 5 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3