Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/27/15 at 5:21am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on 11/28/15 at 3:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Spring fling south of the border. Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:16am in Trip Reports
- Mountain Collective 2015/16 [11 destinations, including Aspen, Stowe, Taos, Sun Valley, . . .] Last post on 11/13/15 at 8:52pm in Skiing News
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Bought this online and have been wearing this on and off the mountain ever since. The Merino is top quality and everything is manufactured in New Zealand. The inside of the hoodie is what they call...
I ski Sierra Nevada, also know southern Rockies and great Northwest. Compared to these places Bansko, Bulgaria offers not only Alps charm as anywhere else at popular European destinations, but much...
I can't live without this product -- stiff boots must be warmed above room temperature in order to get them on, and then they hold heat halfway through a morning of comfy skiing. Warm the boots...
I bought this jacket (in red) for my son last year. We first went to the local big box store with the intention of buying it there, but they didn't carry it either in-store or on line. We tried...
This ski resort is about the same ability level as any of the socal resorts except for mt. baldy. So if you can handle the blues and blacks at the listed resorts you will have no problem skiing...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › SNOWINN.COM - any payment process experience 17 minutes ago
- › Old dogs, new tricks: Bringing veteran skiers into the 21st century 24 minutes ago
- › Arthritis 36 minutes ago
- › Question about a turn by Shiffrin 59 minutes ago
- › Pulling the Inside Foot Back 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › whats the best ski for steamboat 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › boot break in 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › wide / powder boards that work on hardpack 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › 2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Southern Divide Merino Hoodie 330 g/m² by clawrence
- › 100 Best Ski Resorts of the World, 2nd (100 Best Series) by vik1919
- › Hot Gear Bag by Seth Masia
- › Spyder Leader Jacket - Boys' by SnowBalz
- › Brian Head Resort by Hoben02
- › Arapahoe Basin by ColoradoSkiier2
- › Cannon Mountain by GW2108
- › Tuckerman Ravine by GW2108
- › Wildcat by GW2108
- › Alta by GW2108
- › MotionMetrics: Your Digital Ski Coach
- › Keystone, CO - A Pictorial
- › Top 5 Fridays - Big Air Fenway, West Coast...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2015 Volkl One Review
- › Top 5 Fridays - Bode Miller, Bomber Skis,...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Atomic Vantage 90...
- › Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Skiing in...
- › Top 5 Fridays - Ski Season Underway, New...
- › 2016 Spyder Enforcer Jacket -...
- › The Most Experienced EpicSkier - Bob McNeill