Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 11/7/14 at 11:42am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Advice Last post on 3/4/14 at 10:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Lodging for Taos Last post on 1/6/14 at 7:22pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Granite Peak used to be a family friendly and reasonable value until they turned greedy. Seriously $79 a day?? They boast saving money instead of going out West...really?? If you shop the deals...
Bought these on sale for easy bunny slope skiing with our little kids and occasional moderate speed skiing. The goal being not having to muscle on my racing boots when not skiing so fast. They...
The Axo is a pair of sunglasses that suffers from the middle child syndrome because its masculine enough for a guy but has some subtle soft lines for the girls. The reality is, its a great pair of...
I tend to wear sunglasses every day, whether its on my patio working on my computer, taking a drive in the mountains, heading to the mountains to ski or hitting the mountain bike trails. For me,...
Skiing 100 days per year for 35 years. Now I'm old Still get down most mountains without trouble.
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Skis for Teen [female]: Expert Downhill, Moguls, Powder, Alps,... 27 seconds ago
- › Article on Sierra snow woes 1 minute ago
- › How do I carve without ultimately building up too much speed (and... 4 minutes ago
- › Intuition Liner: Wrap vs. Tongue 4 minutes ago
- › Dislocated knee cap 18 minutes ago
- › Diamond versus ceramic stone? 19 minutes ago
- › "Inexpensive" ski-in / ski-out recommendations 21 minutes ago
- › Gloves for Dad's Cold Hands 21 minutes ago
- › Marmot Nano AS 22 minutes ago
- › Twin Cities Ski Hill Comparison - Where do MN Bears ski? 23 minutes ago
- › Granite Peak by RealTruth
- › Full Tilt Booter Ski Boot - Men's by JK71
- › Switch Vision Axo Sunglasses by Trekchick
- › Switch Vision Ayra Women's Sunglasses by Trekchick
- › 2009 Rossignol S7 Caballero Ski by Cracked Edge
- › Unicorn Picnic Pretty Faces by anachronism
- › Marquette Mountain by renttech4501
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Quantum Jacket by Fritzski
- › Ski Apache by reddirtskier
- › 2014 Head i.Supershape Rally Ski by jimmytoner
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York