Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 12/13/15 at 9:48pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/27/15 at 5:21am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on 5/1/16 at 11:22am in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
If you're an expert who loves steep, then Big White might not be the best spot, but I imagine most people overstate their abilities in their minds. There's a good chance Big White is plenty...
I first heard of Jaybird when they donated a pair of their X2 headphones (the predecessor to the Freedom) for our Winter 2016 Image of the Month contest winner. With their new Freedoms coming out I...
Largest vertical in the east, iciest in the east, one of the hardest in the east, and who could not forget the slides. Whiteface offers expert skiers terrain that is truly like nothing else in the...
Bought one of these (a medium to be precise) prior to a trip out west. It's a really great shell. Gore-tex, the snow skirt attached to a pair of 10 year-old Burton pants. Love the fit, not too...
These are great skis. Really snappy on tight turns but also great wide arc carvers. Handled the pow really well although it was only about 8 inches of it.
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Socks? [- A Beginner Zone thread] 19 minutes ago
- › Carving: deep and low 38 minutes ago
- › The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Mt Hood in August? 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Australia / New Zealand 2016 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Ski Movies for Old Farts 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › 95 to 105 or 110? 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Skins, Boots and Bindings 8 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Renting ski clothing (jacket, ski pants, goggles, etc.)? 11 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Big White by DanH
- › Jaybird Freedom by tylrwnzl
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by tank8681
- › Burton Men's [Ak] 2L Cyclic Jacket, True Black, Large by comfortstarr
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 84 Skis by burndust
- › Holimont by burndust
- › Beech Mountain Resort by ChimneyRidgeTC
- › Snowbasin by janet123
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 89 Skis (179) by graham418
- › 2013 Atomic Alibi Ski by ericgu
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...
- › Darn Tough Socks - The Last Socks You'll...
- › 2017 Volkl Confession Review
- › The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
- › Unofficial Guide to STOWE
- › Marker Protective Snow Equipment
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Lange Buyers Guide
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Dynastar TWIN...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Black Pearl...