Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on Yesterday at 4:02 pm in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Advice Last post on 3/4/14 at 10:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Lodging for Taos Last post on 1/6/14 at 7:22pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 5/28/13
Of course, weather accounts for a tremendous amount of one's ski experience, and my trip to China Peak followed a tremendous storm in which they got more snow than anywhere else in California, so...
Mountain High faces daunting challenges: three small areas with a few miles between them; low elevation; unreliable snowfall; a very small town at the base. But what they do within those...
Snow Summit in nice conditions is a fantastic area: fun and varied terrain (although nothing to challenge an expert), and beautiful scenery under the SoCal sun. The grooming is great. They stay...
I had bad luck with the snow, but still very much enjoyed my time at Heavenly. Access from Stateline and South Lake Tahoe couldn't be easier. The Stateline casinos are fun, and the views are...
My difficulties started in getting to Sierra-at-Tahoe: the highway from Sacramento was clear, but the snow was falling and traffic was absolutely crawling once we turned off on the access road to...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › "PSIA style" 2 minutes ago
- › Taos, New Mexico 4 minutes ago
- › SNOW ANGELS Ski Patrol Events in Seattle [October 2014] 6 minutes ago
- › Ski mag resort ranking 8 minutes ago
- › The 2015 Jackson Hole Gathering discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Moving To Colorado Where is the Best Place To Live? 9 minutes ago
- › It's coming.... 18 minutes ago
- › New gear recommendation (after a decade) for expert NE skiier! 22 minutes ago
- › Stephen Strasburg 24 minutes ago
- › SoCal SAD 30 minutes ago
- › China Peak Sierra Summit by New2Utah
- › Mountain High Resort by New2Utah
- › Snow Summit by New2Utah
- › Heavenly by New2Utah
- › Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort by New2Utah
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by GoodSki
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 by JayT
- › Massif du Sud by pouetance
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by sinbad7
- › 2015 Blizzard Regulator Skis by douismaximus
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York
- › SUN PEAKS RESORT unofficial guide
- › Unofficial Guide to Castle Mountain Resort
- › Our Final Analysis: 5 Conclusions From Our...
- › Your Life as a Skier: Our Community Ski Area...