Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos Terrain Opening Last post on 12/21/16 at 5:20am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather Last post on Yesterday at 4:59 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 11/4/16 at 6:45am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/3/16 at 3:54pm in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
I can't believe this is the first review! There are three "local" mountains near Metro Vancouver (Cypress and Grouse mountains being the other two). The three are less than 30 minute drive from...
I had very good experiences skiing here. Unlike most PA resorts, I rarely ever had to wait in a lift line. That alone makes it one of the best options in Eastern PA. It's not as tall as other...
I really like Blue Mountain, and was a season pass holder there for a couple of years. If you're in the Philly area or Lehigh Valley, this is your best bet. Personally, I like it better than...
Went there for the first time since moving to St Louis. This is the ONLY option if you live her (or anywhere south of here). To get somewhere meaningfully better, you either have to drive 12...
With a 4,000 ft. vertical its no wonder Kicking Horse is renound for their expert terrain. Well, maybe not renound since so few people have heard of it. Ridge after ridge of extreme ski lines is...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Boots for Mogul Skiing 33 seconds ago
- › looking for advice and partners for short trip to alta/snowbird jan... 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 Volkl Charisma 163 15 minutes ago
- › Any tips for for better balance and stance? 20 minutes ago
- › Salomon X-Pro 80 Boots 27.5 (Men's) 46 minutes ago
- › Bring Back Straight Skis 55 minutes ago
- › Long Leg Short Leg - improve your carving 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Feeler: new 177 Head Monster 88 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Skiing is hard...how bad am I? [living in Switzerland, beginner adult] 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - Japan, India and China 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Mount Seymour by jhkc
- › Jack Frost Mountain by Angus215
- › Blue Mountain Ski Area by Angus215
- › Hidden Valley Ski Area by Angus215
- › Kicking Horse Mountain Resort by tank8681
- › Laurel Mountain Ski-Resort by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Abom Goggle by pchewn
- › Wolf Creek Ski Area by ExWanabe
- › Mt. Baldy by Hoben02
- › Brighton by Hoben02
- › A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
- › MIPS Helmet Technology Explained
- › EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › Flamingo drill
- › Bamboo over the shoulder drill
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...