Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:02pm in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Advice Last post on 3/4/14 at 10:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Lodging for Taos Last post on 1/6/14 at 7:22pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 5/28/13
This book by David Gonzales attempts to cover Jackson Hole ski resort history, culture, and all the little quirks that make JH such a cool place to be. There are chapters on summer activities,...
Of course, weather accounts for a tremendous amount of one's ski experience, and my trip to China Peak followed a tremendous storm in which they got more snow than anywhere else in California, so...
Mountain High faces daunting challenges: three small areas with a few miles between them; low elevation; unreliable snowfall; a very small town at the base. But what they do within those...
Snow Summit in nice conditions is a fantastic area: fun and varied terrain (although nothing to challenge an expert), and beautiful scenery under the SoCal sun. The grooming is great. They stay...
I had bad luck with the snow, but still very much enjoyed my time at Heavenly. Access from Stateline and South Lake Tahoe couldn't be easier. The Stateline casinos are fun, and the views are...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Need a Knee Brace 31 seconds ago
- › MA for another 12 year old 33 seconds ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 11 minutes ago
- › Zermatt vs the rest of Europe 15 minutes ago
- › The 2015 Jackson Hole Gathering Roll Call 24 minutes ago
- › Ski sizing [and model for Snowshoe and NC] 45 minutes ago
- › Senior walk up lift ticket rates 48 minutes ago
- › How do you decide what runs to ski? 58 minutes ago
- › Long Term Test: 2104 Head Supershape Rally 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Question On Wheel And Tire Size for Winter Driving On A Front Wheel... 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole: On a Grand Scale by SpikeDog
- › China Peak Sierra Summit by New2Utah
- › Mountain High Resort by New2Utah
- › Snow Summit by New2Utah
- › Heavenly by New2Utah
- › Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort by New2Utah
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by GoodSki
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 by JayT
- › Massif du Sud by pouetance
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by sinbad7
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York
- › SUN PEAKS RESORT unofficial guide
- › Unofficial Guide to Castle Mountain Resort