Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 2/16/15 at 8:26pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Advice Last post on 3/4/14 at 10:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
I started skiing in the east over 50 years ago. I did not get to Sugarbush until last year. Wish I had gone there a lot sooner!! I was there midweek and avoided the crowds but you also may not have...
Tester Info Username: Trekchick Age: 48 Height/Weight: 5'6" 135 lbs Ski Days/Season: 80 Years Skiing: 30 Aggressiveness:Finesse skier with a sense of adventure Current Boots: Tecnica Inferno 110...
Stayed at Grand Summit Sunday to Friday. Great hotel. People will enjoy it's comforts. North was nice but 50% closed, so I was disappointed. Lots of intermediate terrain but it was icy, poor...
Skiing here is really extreme; it has "extremely" good terrain if your an expert or beginner (not so much for intermediates), but the mountain experience can be "extremely" bad many days. I've been...
I'm not the type to write reviews, specially negative ones. But in this case I just have to put in my two cents. I put off skiing hunter on the weekend for the end of season, since I knew the...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › What is the best “Tier 2” resort in Colorado? 2 minutes ago
- › Tradgedy on Race Day 4 minutes ago
- › Pole Plant: Necessity or Crutch? 6 minutes ago
- › Would Better Wages = Better Ski Instruction? Telluride Ski Patrol... 14 minutes ago
- › Dynastar Powertrack 89 vs Blizzard Latigo vs Atomic Blackeye Ti 15 minutes ago
- › MA : Unsuspecting 12 year old cruising - no idea Dad grabbed a few... 15 minutes ago
- › The health of the ski instruction profession.... 16 minutes ago
- › When are you skiing the Boat this season? Post your dates [2014-15] 16 minutes ago
- › How fast do you ski? 29 minutes ago
- › Picture of the day... 32 minutes ago
- › Sugarbush by bosrocker51
- › Apex ML 2 Ski Boot by Trekchick
- › Mount Snow by proudpapa
- › Squaw Valley USA by SquawBrat
- › Hunter Mountain by Damavand
- › Daleboot VFF Pro by Crokey
- › Jack Frost Mountain by xjjon
- › 2016 Nordica Enforcer by givethepigeye
- › Big Powderhorn Mountain by Shenanigans2800
- › Whitetail by GreyPilgrim
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #2
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.