Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on 8/12/15 at 12:36am in General Skiing Discussion
- Spring fling south of the border. Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:16am in Trip Reports
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 2/16/15 at 8:26pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
I got this ski as a demo sale and have loved it; my only complaint is it takes a lot more work on groomers than my Icelandic Pilgrims.
Now with the cons as a start, YES they are true. But as they may be an inconvenience to some; many people, as well as myself may feel it's a blessing in the end. The temps can be and often are...
I am currently skiing Atomic 130 race boot with molded Intuition liners. I was hoping that the Fischer would give me an even closer fit since the outer shell is moldable. The flex on the Atomics...
First, the Ajax portion of this review. The RFTA buses will dump you off at the Rubey Park terminus of the shuttle route, and from there it's just a short hoof down the road and up the stairs to...
This second instalment from Klaus Mair (KM) is a bit more serious, a lot more advanced and fun! Many learnt so much from the first video and it was a good laugh too with good music. Gontlath is...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Las Lenas Aug.22 - Sept. 5, 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Help Finndog complete his quiver. 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Picture of the day... 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Any expert skiers interested in giving lessons 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › The future of drones 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Why is Masters participation falling? 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › 15/16 Bonafide vs Enforcer 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Skills classifications and overlap between them 5 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › On-going instructor training at your mountain - is it off the clock? 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Nissan Xterra: another actual SUV bites the dust 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › 2013 Nordica Hell and Back by Motoman71
- › Wildcat by Ripcord802
- › 2013 Fischer SOMA Vacuum RC4 130 by joejoejoe
- › Aspen Mountain by F2BNG
- › Sofa Ski School: From Blue to Powder by dustyfog
- › Winter Park by Hitman
- › Aspen Highlands by F2BNG
- › Snowmass by F2BNG
- › Alta by putting4par
- › Belleayre Mountain by GreyPilgrim
- › Vail, CO - A Pictorial
- › Beaver Creek, CO - A Pictorial
- › Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...