Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on Today at 5:31 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Spring fling south of the border. Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:16am in Trip Reports
- Mountain Collective 2015/16 [11 destinations, including Aspen, Stowe, Taos, Sun Valley, . . .] Last post on 10/7/15 at 10:58am in Skiing News
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 2/16/15 at 8:26pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Arguably, this is the best overall ski area in the whole Midwest. Boyne has the best groomers, Lutsen the longest runs, Bohemia the steepest. Whitecap isn’t the best at any one thing but is close...
Perisher is massive with terrain for anyone. loads of parks for beginners to the more advanced. loads of lifts to get you to all corners of the resort. loads of snow guns to help Mother Nature...
My dad and I went to Stratton looking for good groomers and that is what we found at Stratton. Stratton is a family friendly mountain The only downside was the amount of people that were there. But...
grate helmet really love it. fits grate with my dragon nfx and has very good ventilation. also nice and comfy. heres my video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDH5DPm1gwQ
I took my family to this resort three years in a row, because it was the closest to where my family lived. I spent thousands each year. Then, during our third visit, the ski patrol gave me...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Plane travel - How to get my skis to the mountain 1 minute ago
- › Bars on chairlifts 1 minute ago
- › Cloning a Ski Racer 4 minutes ago
- › Groups and mobile? 4 minutes ago
- › World Cup 2015-2016 6 minutes ago
- › Construction of the highest cable car in Europe. 14 minutes ago
- › Interski 2015 Technical Comparisons 16 minutes ago
- › Insoles in shell fit 18 minutes ago
- › Aspen/Snowmass deals for children 21 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Volkl: who/what is Volkl?? 23 minutes ago
- › Ski Whitecap Mountain by nathanvg
- › Perisher by deimos
- › Stratton Mountain by PearlRiverDad
- › Smith Vantage Helmet by rocheman
- › Monarch Mountain by pstevens
- › 2013 Nordica Hell and Back by Motoman71
- › Wildcat by Ripcord802
- › 2013 Fischer SOMA Vacuum RC4 130 by joejoejoe
- › Aspen Mountain by F2BNG
- › Sofa Ski School: From Blue to Powder by dustyfog
- › SkiEssentials 2016 Volkl Kendo Review
- › Rotary Mechanisms DeMystified (The Saga of...
- › 2016 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › Top 5 Fridays - Big Air Fenway, Resort...
- › SkiEssentials Poc Lobes Goggle Review
- › Unofficial Guide to Heavenly Mountain Resort
- › Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Media News,...
- › Park City, UT - A Pictorial
- › Preseason Ski Tuning: Getting your Skis...
- › Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Snow in...