Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 12/13/15 at 9:48pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/27/15 at 5:21am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather Last post on 5/1/16 at 11:22am in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Largest vertical in the east, iciest in the east, one of the hardest in the east, and who could not forget the slides. Whiteface offers expert skiers terrain that is truly like nothing else in the...
Bought one of these (a medium to be precise) prior to a trip out west. It's a really great shell. Gore-tex, the snow skirt attached to a pair of 10 year-old Burton pants. Love the fit, not too...
Our family has been here twice. We had a short stay in 2014 and a 5 night stay during spring break, mid-March 2016. We really enjoyed the first visit but were really looking forward to spending...
These are great skis. Really snappy on tight turns but also great wide arc carvers. Handled the pow really well although it was only about 8 inches of it.
HoliMont is a private resort in Ellicottville NY. It is not overly huge but sports a wide variety of excellent slopes. Cascade,Fall Line and Greer Hill are some of the Black...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › 2015 / 16 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Bring on El Nino! 5 minutes ago
- › New Helmet with Hard Ears? 8 minutes ago
- › DPS deals- brand new in plastic-299.00 20 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 37 minutes ago
- › East Coast skier venturing into Backcountry.... need advice [headed... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Boots 100 vs 120 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › 2014 Nordica Enforcer Ti - STH14 - 185cm 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Kids' race boot question 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › 2015 Retro Ski Wish List - Anyone Post here 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by tank8681
- › Burton Men's [Ak] 2L Cyclic Jacket, True Black, Large by comfortstarr
- › Big White by jhkc
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 84 Skis by burndust
- › Holimont by burndust
- › Beech Mountain Resort by ChimneyRidgeTC
- › Snowbasin by janet123
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 89 Skis (179) by graham418
- › 2013 Atomic Alibi Ski by ericgu
- › Whitefish Mountain Resort by focker
- › SkiEssentials.com - Salomon Ski Boots
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Volkl RTM 86 UVO Review
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Brahma Review
- › Test Article Please Ignore
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Rossignol Sky 7 HD...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Salomon QST 99 Review
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Volkl Revolt Review
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Rossignol Soul 7 HD...
- › SkiEssentials.com - Poc Helmets
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Dynastar Powertrack...