Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 1/12/15 at 9:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Advice Last post on 3/4/14 at 10:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
I love this ski, it's fast and so easy to edge. the ski is good on crud and ice. The ice can be a little wild, it picks up speed fast!
With the lack of snow in the Tahoe basin, I have honestly been lacking enthusiasm and inspiration this season. That said, every time I step into my Super Joy's - which, by the way, the bindings are...
Read www.worldskitest.com. This extremely organized testing format concluded that the Amphibio Fusion 78 (non-Ti) was #1 in their all-around category. After a month of ownership, 10+ skiing days...
We live about 35 minutes from this mountain and for what it is it's really great. Don't expect very challenging terrain or long runs, but if you just want to get outside on the snow for the day...
Product: 2014 Blizzard Samba Length/size Tested: 166 cm Conditions: Varied-wet spring snow, ungroomed, groomed, icy, typical mid SE conditions Runs taken: everything from slow greens...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › Jackson Hole/Grand Targhee right now 2 minutes ago
- › Head of Fibula or IT Band? 3 minutes ago
- › When are you skiing the Boat this season? Post your dates [2014-15] 3 minutes ago
- › Early March: Whistler or somewhere else? 3 minutes ago
- › question about mounting point on mx 83 5 minutes ago
- › Short Radius Turns: How short is short, and is there a such thing... 11 minutes ago
- › Extreme chutes, 50+ degree couloirs and straightlines 12 minutes ago
- › Whistler, Jan 23-27, 2015 13 minutes ago
- › FS: 2012 Volkl Racetiger Speedwall SL 165 w/ Motion 12 15 minutes ago
- › New Boots Needed 16 minutes ago
- › 2013 Head i.Supershape Magnum by LbObx
- › 2015 Head Super Joy Women Ski by RamenChan
- › 2013 Elan Amphibio WaveFlex 78 Fusion by GoreD
- › Mount Peter by PearlRiverDad
- › 2015 Blizzard Samba Skis by Jersey Fresh
- › Stratton Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › 2013 Volkl Mantra by powder8s
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by Partizan Turks
- › Gore Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Bristol Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.
- › Cat-Skiing with Big Red Cats, British...
- › The 2015 Volkl Mantra: Your New All Mountain...
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs