Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 11/4/16 at 6:45am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Free flying - advice for cheap last minute lodging for a solo traveler? [Taos, SLC, etc.] Last post on 11/3/16 at 3:54pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos Card 2016? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › 2016: 1, 2, or 3 ski quiver? 3 minutes ago
- › This could be the year to visit Revelstoke 9 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 12 minutes ago
- › The Barriers To Good Skiing 14 minutes ago
- › Jay Peak and Stowe MLK weekend 33 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Oregon Ski Safari : 60 years old. 50 years of skiing... 33 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 33 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 53 minutes ago
- › Moderate low risk backcountry tours in the Uinta or Wasatch? 56 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues