Skied 15+" of fresh today stormed the last three days with a nice storm last week at Taos Ski Valley. A lot of the steeps open and they are opening new terrain all weekend and new snow next week. Have some of the best snow in the country.
- itemTaos Ski Valleytagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Spring fling south of the border. Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:16am in Trip Reports
- Tell me about Taos blue runs Last post on 2/16/15 at 8:26pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Taos Millenium Pass now includes 3 days at Copper Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:08am in General Skiing Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
Nice views from the top and a variety of terrain for all levels; beginners and ski off the top of most chairs which makes it easier for mixed-level groups to ski together. Goats eye mountain has...
Unfortunately I hit Lake Louise in March of 2015 during the worst season for the Canadian Rockies in 50 years. With no recent snowfall the conditions were icy and windy. I probably skied more off...
I have called Stowe my home mountain for 5 years. When I moved to northern Vermont, I had my pick of mountains to work at since I had extensive experience as an instructor. I chose Stowe because I...
Skied here for 3 days during a Canadian Rockies trip. Unfortunately it was in March of 2015 which was the warmest winter the area had seen in 50 years! Lots of bare areas at the bottom but plenty...
I usually try to get there early - good snow quality and less crowded, spend most of the time on the backside of the mountain. Terrain more varied and advanced with some bumps to enjoy. One of...
- Taos Grades High in Geography
Great snow in Taos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Taos is way overdue. During the past overall good decade for western skiing, Taos has had 3 bad seasons of less than 65% of normal and only 3 above average. By contrast Taos was consistently good in the early 1990's during some difficult years in much of the West.
Skied Taos this past weekend. No new snow but good skiing was still had. Most of steep runs were alittle crusty and well skied out but good none the less. Was snowing when we left Monday morning, just my luck!
- Great snow in Taos
- › 9th Annual Arapahoe Basin for Mother's Day 57 seconds ago
- › 2014-2015 Pacific Northwest Weather Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › OS versus PT 7 minutes ago
- › cox-2 drugs; any work better for different needs? 16 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 18 minutes ago
- › WTB old-school Salomon SX92 - Force 9 - or Force 93 boots 19 minutes ago
- › Dan Dipiro's Mogul Book 21 minutes ago
- › Avalanche Dogs 22 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 29 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 36 minutes ago
- › Sunshine Village by ExWanabe
- › Lake Louise by ExWanabe
- › Stowe by freeski919
- › Fernie Alpine Resort by ExWanabe
- › Liberty Mountain by GeeWhiz
- › Sun Peaks by jhkc
- › 2015 Blizzard Brahma Skis by choucas
- › 2015 Rossignol Experience 100 by Pierre
- › Stratton Mountain by IndyDog
- › Okemo Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing