I'm heading to Geneva next week and would like to do some skiing. Looking on where to go the 22nd-25th. Here are my requirements (I am flexible on most of these):
1) Close to Geneva - I don't want to spend too much time in transit
2) Would like something train or bus accesible - don't want to rent a car they are REALLY expensive in Switzerland right now. (definitely flexible on this - having a car would allow me to visit more than one resort and stay somewhere away from the slopes.)
3) Minimal crowds - I'm allergic to lines (Although I will be a single which might mitigate some of the crowd issues)
4) Local - I' more interested in local color than homogenous international resorts.
5) Inexpensive lodging. don't want to spend much, don't need much, clean would be nice.
6) Snow - was pretty barren last week, but things are looking up this week
I would say that I am a solid intermediate, although others may say that I am advanced. Not interested in doing moguls (bad ankle) trees or off-piste.
The biggest problem I am having is too many places to choose from. Figured the experts here would have some great suggestions.
Thanks in advance,