Recent Images In This Thread
- topicRisk Managementtagged by System, 12/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Who should pay the costs of rescuing out-of-bound skiers? Last post on 5/8/13 at 4:51pm in Après-Ski
- Avoiding treewells Last post on 12/26/15 at 5:43pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Tips to Prevent Ski Injuries Last post on 10/27/12 at 4:58pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Being Proactive instead of Reactive with your Knees Last post on 1/11/13 at 5:25am in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
- Bad conditions are dangerous too Last post on 1/16/12 at 10:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
Safe Skiing Goes Beyond the Code
Last edited: 10/25/12
- Terrain Park SafetyLast edited: 4/27/11
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- Terrain Park Safety
People are scaring me. - Page 10
You're right though.
I considered tele:
Then got interested in snowboarding...
Snow Trails Ohio, 2007 http://www.onthesnow.com/photo_guide.html?id=3046886868&text=bikini
But chose to stay with skiing...
http://www.skileb.com/community/venezuela-beauty-queens-hit-lebanese-ski-slopes/ Skiing in Lebanon, at Kfardebian
Edited by Tog - 1/13/12 at 10:27am
Is it just me, or does it look like Tebow is looking at his play sheet on his wrist? Maybe it isn't actually a play list but a pray card?
Interesting forum. Years ago in the NFL there weren't as many devastating injuries becaue they had less equipment. Now, with all the crap they wear, they feel impregnable and hit with three times the force they used to.
I think ski equipment has done the same thing now with easier turning skis, helmets, etc., as well as a "No Fear" attitude. Along with the "No Fear" that they expose themselves to, there is a huge lack of concern for others today. I always ski directly behind my grandson and whoa to the idiot that comes to close to him. It's kinda like the stupid mentality of people that want to ban firearms, it's NOT that gun that kills but the jackass on the other side. If you are able, try skiing Alta, Jackson Hole, and areas where the general level of ability is higher. I have skied Deer Valley and the ability is low and the crowds are huge. Most New England ski areas with the exception of Mad River and Sugarloaf and possibly Wildcat have a very low level. We now ski Alta only becasue the snow is the absolute best anyplace and there are no snowboarders as we have been hit multiple times by them. Regardless of whether it is snowboarding or skiers, it is the attitude that causes the problems.
- People are scaring me.
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 5 minutes ago
- › Lindsey Vonn 10 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 10 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 18 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 44 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 45 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 55 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 57 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 57 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!