What US resort would you say is the closest thing to Whistler - awesome skiing, awesome (upscale) village/town at base of the mountain? Don't want the Steamboat / Jackson Hole thing where the town and restaurants are a 15 - 20 minutes drive from the mountain. Looking for nice, "easy" to get around, good restaurants, and a cool village/town (and great skiing of course). Not taking the family this time, just the boyz. I appreciate your opinion!
- itemWhistler Blackcombtagged by System, 12/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- The 2017 Gathering at Whistler-Blackcomb - An intermediate report Last post on 3/16/17 at 7:33am in Trip Reports
- Epic Pass 2017/2018 is out! Last post on 3/19/17 at 9:38pm in Skiing News
- Family Trip to Whistler Feb 17 Last post on 3/5/17 at 6:43pm in Trip Reports
- Western Gathering 2017 Trip Report - Whistler Blackcomb Last post on 3/19/17 at 9:24am in Trip Reports
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to End
Closest thing to Whistler in America?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some other obvious candidates in addition to Vail:
Aspen, stay at base of Ajax for immediate access to some nice, long, black diamonds and great town, ride free bus to more great skiing at nearby Aspen Highlands and Snowmass. Others: Telluride, Park City, Breckenridge.
- Closest thing to Whistler in America?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How much wax does everyone use? 13 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 35 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 46 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 59 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!