What US resort would you say is the closest thing to Whistler - awesome skiing, awesome (upscale) village/town at base of the mountain? Don't want the Steamboat / Jackson Hole thing where the town and restaurants are a 15 - 20 minutes drive from the mountain. Looking for nice, "easy" to get around, good restaurants, and a cool village/town (and great skiing of course). Not taking the family this time, just the boyz. I appreciate your opinion!
- itemWhistler Blackcombtagged by System, 12/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? Last post on 10/17/16 at 11:32am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Kastle ski demo in Whistler Last post on 9/5/16 at 12:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Travel to BC in end of Feb beginning of March Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb Last post on Yesterday at 9:00 am in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to End
Closest thing to Whistler in America?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some other obvious candidates in addition to Vail:
Aspen, stay at base of Ajax for immediate access to some nice, long, black diamonds and great town, ride free bus to more great skiing at nearby Aspen Highlands and Snowmass. Others: Telluride, Park City, Breckenridge.
- Closest thing to Whistler in America?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 6 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 7 minutes ago
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 19 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 21 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 21 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 30 minutes ago
- › Accessing the Powder Highway from Calgary 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer