Went up to Sugar Mtn. today to get a little skiing in before my trip to Smugglers' Notch next week. While the weather was warm, cloud cover for most of the a.m. kept the snow from melting too bad. As long as you stayed on the upper mountain, it was actually much better than I expected. I primarily just ran laps on Tom Terrific and Whoopdedoo and had a great time!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 10/20/16 at 9:49am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- NC, VA, SC, GA Ski Trip/Day Trip Get Together Meet Up Thread for 2013-2014 Season Last post on 4/11/14 at 6:07am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Semi Official Southern MidAtlantic NC, TN, VA Meet Em and Ski Em Informal Gatherings and... Last post on 10/9/13 at 6:25am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
Massanutten - An Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 10/9/15
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to LearnLast edited: 3/8/14
- Beech Mountain, NC Local Guide to Highest Elevation in the Eastern USLast edited: 3/8/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia Resort Conditions and Meet Up Group - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 622/27/12 at 4:56pmThread Starter
I might get in one more day with or without the kid. Car's acting a bit weird, brakes are getting a bit grindy when the I really stomp on them. It's due for the 30K checkups and service probably this Saturday. If that doesn't wipe me out again I'll look at next weekend's conditions.
- North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia Resort Conditions and Meet Up Group
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to Learn
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 26 seconds ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 3 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 5 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › When to grind the base. 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer