My brother and I going to be in Breck for a few weeks starting on the 19th and looking to take a few days of private lessons. We're in our early twenties and basically ski just like one would expect a couple of midwest gapers to. Our goal is to get out of the intermediate rut, and were hoping you all could recommend an instructor who is good with that sort of thing. Patience is probably a good idea since we're pretty lousy skiers. Thanks a lot.
Related Forum Threads
- Best Ski School location @ Breck Last post on 12/22/09 at 4:41pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Lessons in breckenridge Last post on 12/21/09 at 6:48pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- If you could pick one mountain town to live in the US... Last post on 9/14/16 at 4:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 6 Day Trip to Breck - Worth Hitting A-Basin? Last post on 6/8/16 at 8:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: Yesterday
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/15/16
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Breck Instructor Recommendationpost #1 of 712/3/11 at 10:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/4/11 at 2:17am
Welcome to Epic!
I don't think I have meet him, but I think http://www.epicski.com/u/6212/kneale-brownson teaches at Breck.
Rick (your ski coach) http://www.epicski.com/u/3956/rick also spends some time at Breck and might be able to steer you in the right direction. I think many of the drills on his DVD are good for taking you out of your comfort zone (aka rut) and helping you get to the next level- that and skiing regularly.
Enjoy!post #3 of 712/4/11 at 4:55am
A couple of years ago with did a couple of group lessons with a guy who went by the name Yogi. His first name was Karl, I don't recall his last name but Yogi would probably identify him. Don't know if he's still there but we thought he was very good. I'm an awful bump skier and having us do a variety of drills on groomers and then taking us into easy bumps. Really went through tactics. He was also a lot of fun to ski with.post #4 of 712/4/11 at 6:07am
I remembered reading somewhere that Copper has some sort of reciprocity program that lets their instructors teach over at the VR mountains. I have skied a few times with Bob Barnes and he is a nice guy, good skier and very well regarded instructor, so sending him a PM is another good option http://www.epicski.com/u/555/bob-barnespost #5 of 712/5/11 at 5:18pmpost #6 of 712/6/11 at 1:07pmThanks, MeFree.
There are many, many top-notch teachers at Breck with loads of credentials and experience. Randy, a PSIA examiner, is among my favorite trainers here, and, like me, he started out in Michigan.
- Breck Instructor Recommendation
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Bode News 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 4 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 5 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 5 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer