My brother and I going to be in Breck for a few weeks starting on the 19th and looking to take a few days of private lessons. We're in our early twenties and basically ski just like one would expect a couple of midwest gapers to. Our goal is to get out of the intermediate rut, and were hoping you all could recommend an instructor who is good with that sort of thing. Patience is probably a good idea since we're pretty lousy skiers. Thanks a lot.
Related Forum Threads
- Best Ski School location @ Breck Last post on 12/22/09 at 4:41pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Lessons in breckenridge Last post on 12/21/09 at 6:48pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- lessons around Tahoe... Last post on Yesterday at 1:25 pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on 3/23/17 at 8:00am in Trip Reports
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- EpicSki Interview with Tim EastleyLast edited: 12/19/16
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/10/17
Why ski here? Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
Breck Instructor Recommendationpost #1 of 712/3/11 at 10:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/4/11 at 2:17am
Welcome to Epic!
I don't think I have meet him, but I think http://www.epicski.com/u/6212/kneale-brownson teaches at Breck.
Rick (your ski coach) http://www.epicski.com/u/3956/rick also spends some time at Breck and might be able to steer you in the right direction. I think many of the drills on his DVD are good for taking you out of your comfort zone (aka rut) and helping you get to the next level- that and skiing regularly.
Enjoy!post #3 of 712/4/11 at 4:55am
A couple of years ago with did a couple of group lessons with a guy who went by the name Yogi. His first name was Karl, I don't recall his last name but Yogi would probably identify him. Don't know if he's still there but we thought he was very good. I'm an awful bump skier and having us do a variety of drills on groomers and then taking us into easy bumps. Really went through tactics. He was also a lot of fun to ski with.post #4 of 712/4/11 at 6:07am
I remembered reading somewhere that Copper has some sort of reciprocity program that lets their instructors teach over at the VR mountains. I have skied a few times with Bob Barnes and he is a nice guy, good skier and very well regarded instructor, so sending him a PM is another good option http://www.epicski.com/u/555/bob-barnespost #5 of 712/5/11 at 5:18pmpost #6 of 712/6/11 at 1:07pmThanks, MeFree.
There are many, many top-notch teachers at Breck with loads of credentials and experience. Randy, a PSIA examiner, is among my favorite trainers here, and, like me, he started out in Michigan.
- Breck Instructor Recommendation
- EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 1 minute ago
- › Dynastar Speed Zone 12 ti 3 minutes ago
- › BushwackerinPA Visits JH Out-of-Bounds: 4-1-08 4 minutes ago
- › Chutes to skier's right Rendezvous Bowl Jackson 7 minutes ago
- › Semantics 8 minutes ago
- › Advice for next skis 17 minutes ago
- › Storing ski gear during the summer 18 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 22 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 38 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 40 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview