I am moving from Colorado to Folsom, CA in January. I am trying to figure out which pass to buy? I was considering getting a epic local pass (and skiing a few times in Colorado before I leave). I love skiing powder, steeps, and trees/glades most, but also enjoy groomers and moguls. I have never skied at Tahoe before and would love advice. FYI, I would love to keep the pass around 500 dollars and I am 21 so I would qualify for Mount Rose U-22 pass.
Related Forum Threads
- 2015 / 16 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Bring on El Nino! Last post on 9/16/16 at 10:19am in General Skiing Discussion
- What Makes the Epic Pass Valuable to You? Last post on 10/13/14 at 6:26am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Resorts near San Fran [family trip from New Zealand] Last post on 9/24/14 at 6:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best Epic resort in Tahoe to learn to ski? [ski vacation] Last post on 12/20/13 at 5:54am in Beginner Zone
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Northstar California Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/16/13
- Kirkwood, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 9/9/13
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Season Pass in Tahoe?post #1 of 312/2/11 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/2/11 at 8:08pm
Welcome to both Epic and California.
I'd advise you not to buy a pass at all, but rather sample all the resorts your first year.
You can get discount tickets through SnowBomb and look for other deals.
But if you really want a pass, you might wait and see where you actually end up living.
Somewhere near the I-80 corridor might tilt you towards a north shore resort,
while somewhere near the US-50 corridor might tilt you towards a south shore resort.
You mention Mt. Rose, but that's a pretty good drive from Folsom.
FWIW, Sugar Bowl is pretty close up north and Sierra-at-Tahoe pretty close on the south.
Re-reading this, guess I don't like to drive that much :-)
Enjoy, rickppost #3 of 312/2/11 at 8:10pm
Whatever you decide, you better hurry. Some of the pass sales have been extended to 12/5. From Folsom, Kirkwood is a good option or the Epic Pass for Heavenly & Northstar would be the second choice.
- Season Pass in Tahoe?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Northstar California Unofficial Guide
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 5 minutes ago
- › Which ski to buy? 7 minutes ago
- › Total Noob Question 16 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 17 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 18 minutes ago
- › Do not buy Rossignol SOUL 7's (or any of their products for that... 24 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations for boot bag that holds gear that can be... 33 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 41 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 41 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!