I am moving from Colorado to Folsom, CA in January. I am trying to figure out which pass to buy? I was considering getting a epic local pass (and skiing a few times in Colorado before I leave). I love skiing powder, steeps, and trees/glades most, but also enjoy groomers and moguls. I have never skied at Tahoe before and would love advice. FYI, I would love to keep the pass around 500 dollars and I am 21 so I would qualify for Mount Rose U-22 pass.
Related Forum Threads
- 2015 / 16 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Bring on El Nino! Last post on 9/16/16 at 10:19am in General Skiing Discussion
- What Makes the Epic Pass Valuable to You? Last post on 10/13/14 at 6:26am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Resorts near San Fran [family trip from New Zealand] Last post on 9/24/14 at 6:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best Epic resort in Tahoe to learn to ski? [ski vacation] Last post on 12/20/13 at 5:54am in Beginner Zone
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Northstar California Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/16/13
- Kirkwood, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 9/9/13
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Season Pass in Tahoe?post #1 of 312/2/11 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/2/11 at 8:08pm
Welcome to both Epic and California.
I'd advise you not to buy a pass at all, but rather sample all the resorts your first year.
You can get discount tickets through SnowBomb and look for other deals.
But if you really want a pass, you might wait and see where you actually end up living.
Somewhere near the I-80 corridor might tilt you towards a north shore resort,
while somewhere near the US-50 corridor might tilt you towards a south shore resort.
You mention Mt. Rose, but that's a pretty good drive from Folsom.
FWIW, Sugar Bowl is pretty close up north and Sierra-at-Tahoe pretty close on the south.
Re-reading this, guess I don't like to drive that much :-)
Enjoy, rickppost #3 of 312/2/11 at 8:10pm
Whatever you decide, you better hurry. Some of the pass sales have been extended to 12/5. From Folsom, Kirkwood is a good option or the Epic Pass for Heavenly & Northstar would be the second choice.
- Season Pass in Tahoe?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Northstar California Unofficial Guide
- › Deciding between staying in Alta or Park City area - Family Trip 1 minute ago
- › Welcome Racing World-Need Help 7 minutes ago
- › Soft shell vs hard shell travel case 11 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 20 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 27 minutes ago
- › Car Camping - Drying Gear (without power outlets) 42 minutes ago
- › Whats the turn radius of 182cm Fischer Pro Mountain 86 or 186cm... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Crasche Hat Product Review 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis