New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BODE!

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

After the first ten or so racers all posted times within a fraction of each other Bode destroys course with a .78 lead and hangs on to win at Beaver Creek.

 

B2.jpg

Just clearing the last jump.

 

B1.jpg

Off to the interview.

post #2 of 23

Good for him!

Vonn!!

post #3 of 23

Way to go!!!!!!!!Congrats to both Lindsey and Bode..beercheer.gif

post #4 of 23

Da Bus 033.JPG

post #5 of 23

Well done Bode, I really didn't think he had another World Cup win in him, he skied very well, each of the guys in the top three did, no one else came close. Twenty minutes til the Super G, I will be watching.

post #6 of 23

I wish I could watch.  It all ready cost me a fortune with Time Warner Cable.   I'm glad I found the FIS website so at less I get to see clips after the fact.

 

Great job to both Bode and Lindsey. 

 

Talking about smoking the comp.  Lindsey friday 1.95 and then 1.68 on Saturday both downhills.

 

For some local kids from the Mt Washington Valley. We have Leanne Smith with a 29th and 11th place finishes.

 

Hank

post #7 of 23

Guy is a freak.  One of the best "athletes" to ever race on skis.  Some of the subtle micro-adjustments he can make at those speeds just blows my mind.  If you watch him closely, he will handle off camber stuff, etc... totally different than the rest of the guys.  They try to survive those sections and Bode tries to rip those sections.  Love to watch him ski.

 

If his mind was clear more often and he had the competitive focus of, let's say, pro surfer Kelly Slater he would be virtually unbeatable.

 

 

post #8 of 23

If only he was different he could have been the greatest ever, but can't that be said of all of us? Not everyone can perform with the mental clarity and focus of a pro surfer. Do you think Kelly Slater could have dominated in a competitive sport?

 

With all his faults, only one male alpine skier has more Olympic medals than Bode. Despite the shame he brought our nation at Turin. ;(

 

One more World Cup win and he's tied Raich for total WC victories! BODE!

post #9 of 23

Lindsey Vonn won third race of the week today in Canada - 2 downhills and now the Super G.  Unbelievable.  How she has the concentration to perform at that level with all that's going on in her personal life is beyond me. 

post #10 of 23

GO KILDOW!

post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post

Lindsey Vonn won third race of the week today in Canada - 2 downhills and now the Super G.  Unbelievable.  How she has the concentration to perform at that level with all that's going on in her personal life is beyond me. 


Spoiled again!  Not that it wasn't a given to begin with wink.gif, or really makes a difference considering the lousy coverage we get in the US.

 

Watched the NBC coverage of the Birds of Prey today, 2 days late of the actual event.

 

Does anyone have a link to internet coverage of todays Mens GS, hopefully before I know the results?

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JF

 

 

post #12 of 23

What shame was that?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post

If only he was different he could have been the greatest ever, but can't that be said of all of us? Not everyone can perform with the mental clarity and focus of a pro surfer. Do you think Kelly Slater could have dominated in a competitive sport?

 

With all his faults, only one male alpine skier has more Olympic medals than Bode. Despite the shame he brought our nation at Turin. ;(

 

One more World Cup win and he's tied Raich for total WC victories! BODE!



 

post #13 of 23

I'd rather not relive that dark period in American History.

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post

 

Watched the NBC coverage of the Birds of Prey today, 2 days late of the actual event.

 

Does anyone have a link to internet coverage of todays Mens GS, hopefully before I know the results?

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JF

 

 

I posted a site this afternoon in the racing forum. Sorry I hadn't looked here in time to help you.
 

 

post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsirin

I posted a site this afternoon in the racing forum. Sorry I hadn't looked here in time to help you.


Thanks, I'll check it out.

JF

 

 

post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonpwdrjunkie View Post

What shame was that?
 



 


I'm not sure, tpj, but I think telerod was being facetious about the Turin "shame" thing. He put in the little winkie symbol.

An awful lot of us Bode fans look on the Turin "shame" thing as a true WTF-are-you-talking-about??? deal.
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post


Spoiled again!  Not that it wasn't a given to begin with " rel="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif">wink.gif, or really makes a difference considering the lousy coverage we get in the US.

 

Watched the NBC coverage of the Birds of Prey today, 2 days late of the actual event.

 

Does anyone have a link to internet coverage of todays Mens GS, hopefully before I know the results?

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JF

 

 


JF:

I don't know if this helps and you may (probably) know it already, but ski racing.com has a "live timing" button that gives you live split times, standings, and overall rankings. It isn't exactly full live video, but it's better than nothin.

And enormously better than network coverage on Sunday on a US-based race that was over on FRIDAY.
post #18 of 23

Man I miss living in Italy were they showed every race and every racer live. Come on USA, let's get some coverage. I think they show races here in Denver on broadcast, but I need to hook up an antenna. I'm going to check it out for the next race.

post #19 of 23

Universal Sports channel covers the WC ski racing.  The women's racing this weekend was covered live.  In New York, Universal Sports is NBC channel 4-4 (free over the air). 

post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post

If only he was different he could have been the greatest ever, but can't that be said of all of us? Not everyone can perform with the mental clarity and focus of a pro surfer. Do you think Kelly Slater could have dominated in a competitive sport?

 

With all his faults, only one male alpine skier has more Olympic medals than Bode. Despite the shame he brought our nation at Turin. ;(

 

One more World Cup win and he's tied Raich for total WC victories! BODE!


Watch the videos of the Turin races carefully and then listen to Bode's comments.  He was skiing Atomic at the time having switched the season before.  It looked to me like his skis were not properly tuned and within the boundaries of what you can say about a sponsor Bode seemed to imply as much.

 

I personally believe the fix was in in Turin and Bode was the victim of some skullduggery on the part of the Atomic factory techs.  Benni Raich, who has been hard wired into Atomic his whole career, cleaned up that year.  Think about it.

 

 

 

post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post

If only he was different he could have been the greatest ever, but can't that be said of all of us? Not everyone can perform with the mental clarity and focus of a pro surfer. Do you think Kelly Slater could have dominated in a competitive sport?

 

With all his faults, only one male alpine skier has more Olympic medals than Bode. Despite the shame he brought our nation at Turin. ;(

 

One more World Cup win and he's tied Raich for total WC victories! BODE!

Sacriledge! Can't agree with the comment about KS. Kelly Slater has dominated in all conditions from the miniscule to the mega monstrous for the last two decades. No athlete/sportsman can compare. Surfing is heavily competitive environment, paddle into any heavy local break and find out let alone the ASP. To become a skilled, expert surfer (and KS is way beyond this) would be 5X minimum more difficult than to reach the same level skiing.
 

 

 
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2meke View Post

Sacriledge! Can't agree with the comment about KS. Kelly Slater has dominated in all conditions from the miniscule to the mega monstrous for the last two decades. No athlete/sportsman can compare. Surfing is heavily competitive environment, paddle into any heavy local break and find out let alone the ASP. To become a skilled, expert surfer (and KS is way beyond this) would be 5X minimum more difficult than to reach the same level skiing.

 

I would be the last to take anything away from Slater or the fact that surfers are world class athletes, but c'mon???

th_dunno-1[1].gif

JF
 

 

 

post #23 of 23

In terms of dominance in their chosen port, Don Bradman was supreme; Kelly Slater would not be far behind.  If anyone doesn't think professional surfing isn't competative, do some research on Michael Peterson.  The best way to describe professsional man-on-man surfing competition to a skier would be for each alpine discipline to be raced skier-cross style i.e. with skiers competing head to head for position through the gates. That said, got to love Bode. icon14.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion