Oooh. I might have to put the alpine soles on my boots and come to Rose on Tuesday. Anyone have a Rose ticket they'd like to swap for an Alpine/Squaw ticket (good any day all season)?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlpine Meadowstagged by System, 3/2/12
- itemHeavenlytagged by System, 3/2/12
- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by System, 3/2/12
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by System, 3/2/12
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by System, 3/2/12
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by System, 3/2/12
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by System, 3/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Schedule & meet points for the week of The Gathering Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:42am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Northstar California Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/16/13
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Tahoe Gathering Guides & Demo Days: - Page 2post #31 of 622/2/12 at 4:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 622/2/12 at 10:10pmpost #33 of 622/3/12 at 9:31pmpost #34 of 622/4/12 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Philpug
Where the demos were originally to be spread out over the different resorts, The Gathermeister confirmed with me that we will be having all the demos on ONE day, at Mt. Rose on Tuesday. This will allow the Bears to test all the 2013 skis that some of us have been drooling over.
I was looking forward to the demos, but that day conflicts with the second day of Bud's Synergy camp that I'm signed up for. Definitely want to hear some good reports about the gear at least.post #35 of 622/4/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Same, I'll be at the camp as well that day. Maybe we can take a few 'learning' runs on 2013 stuffs...post #36 of 622/13/12 at 3:47pm
I couldn't agree more!
We have guides set up for all levels of ability.
post #37 of 622/14/12 at 9:05ampost #38 of 622/14/12 at 8:35pmpost #39 of 622/14/12 at 8:38pmQuote:
but this qualifies under the topic: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.post #40 of 622/15/12 at 12:36pmpost #41 of 622/15/12 at 7:45pmpost #42 of 622/16/12 at 9:00am
It will be really cool if Daron Rahlves makes it to Squaw as a guide.
He'll be busy with the "Rahlves Banzai Tour" two days later on KT22 at Squaw. (our Kirkwood day)
Also this event starts during the KT22 Tour and runs till Mar 11. Seems to be mostly for locals OTOH.post #43 of 622/16/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Howdy Hairfarmr. Nice to see you post up before meeting this mob at Kirkwood, "your" mountain. Don't know how folks are supposed to contact you in advance though. I believe that the forums require you have 5 posts before you can send and receive private messages.
post #44 of 622/16/12 at 3:56pmpost #45 of 622/16/12 at 7:08pmpost #46 of 622/16/12 at 7:58pmpost #47 of 622/16/12 at 8:13pm
Of course one must take into consideration that TC makes friends with everybody...thus, Hairfarmer could easily be some bloke who was sleeping on a bench at the Sparks Greyhound station who just happened to be wearing a SnowBomb hoodie at the time.
:0post #48 of 622/16/12 at 8:35pm
email - email@example.com , messages can also be sent to : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1408137883 . I will be very busy for the next 3-4 days so If you don't hear back before Monday evening please forgive me :-)post #49 of 622/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #50 of 622/16/12 at 8:51pm
Okay folks, a little bit about me. I live in an undisclosed location and am engaged in activities that would turn most men green...
but seriously, I'm 21 w/ 27 yrs of experience , ski 30+ days a year (mostly at Kirkwood) I prefer off piste altho this season I am rehabbing an ACL replacement so I've skiing a lot of groomers and searching for smooth soft snow off piste, which is finally coming back ( appx 75 cm since Sunday evening!!) . I'll give a little more info early next week, Right now it's off to work in SF for 4 rays . See you all in a couple of weekspost #51 of 622/17/12 at 12:48amQuote:post #52 of 622/17/12 at 7:30ampost #53 of 622/17/12 at 7:58ampost #54 of 622/18/12 at 5:30ampost #55 of 622/19/12 at 8:29pm
I have several extra tickets from a Ski Lake Tahoe six pack I purchased for my husband's use. I can sell each for $50. Please PM me if interested.
1) One ticket good for either Alpine Meadows or Northstar.
2) One ticket good for either Alpine Meadows or Squaw.
3) Onte ticket good for either Heavenly or Sierra at Tahoe.post #56 of 622/23/12 at 10:16ampost #57 of 622/23/12 at 11:18am
ATTENTION !! DEAL OF THE MONTH @ LIFT TICKETS .COM GET "EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT THEY WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY
$29.00 Squaw/Alpine Tickets good on Feb 29th (only) on sale now !!!!post #58 of 622/28/12 at 2:25amQuote:
Cirquerider: It was great fun skiing unexpectedly with Hairfarmr and you this Day 1 am at Alpine Meadows. He is one outrageously cool dude.
Dookey67: Yes, Hairfarmr farms his hair longer than most all ladies.
Anyone: I have a Shell Gas voucher good for 2 for one lifts anyday (exc Sat) at Squaw/Alpine, Homewood, Kirkwood. Just email me if you
need it. Or see me at a morning meetuppost #59 of 623/1/12 at 7:39am
- Tahoe Gathering Guides & Demo Days:
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 6 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 22 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 23 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 23 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 26 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 57 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer