Hi, I'm 18 years old and am 6'0" tall and weigh about 160lbs. For the past 8 years i've been snowboarding, but before that i skied (only maybe a half dozen times). From what i remember about my skiing experience, I could hold my own on blues and even ventured onto some blacks. This past spring I decided i was going to switch back to skiing after skiing with several friends. So i found a good deal and bought K2 Press-179's. I'm now wondering if I went too big. I didn't want to buy skis that i would get bored of quickly as my skilled progressed ( I ski(starting this year, snowboarding previous years) on the east coast several times per week and plan to go out west at least once this year). I wanted these skis to be good for all mountain, as well as in the park. I also heard to buy rockered skis 5-10cm longer, and these have some sort of park rocker. I'm now second guessing myself and wondering if I will struggle at first. I've also played ice hockey my whole life, and remember skiing to be much like ice skating, which i'm hoping will help me progress much quicker. So if anyone has any input, i would love to hear it! Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Standardizing our heights and weights when discussing gear Last post on 6/7/13 at 1:29pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Question re: Ski Sizing Last post on 2/21/13 at 5:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- How *should* boots fit Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:10pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- East Coast One Ski Quiver Last post on 8/2/15 at 12:22pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Beginner looking for first pair of skis Last post on 2/24/13 at 9:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Five Key Questions When Buying New Skis
Last edited: 9/7/12
- Choosing A Ski LengthLast edited: 12/6/12
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
- Rental Ski Boot SizingLast edited: 4/19/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Did I buy too long? 179 K2 Press Skispost #1 of 511/28/11 at 6:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/28/11 at 9:28am
You got the right size. Don't think you'll have any problem getting the ski to turn. It's really meant to be a first price point twin with JIB rocker and will do pretty well as an All-Mtn twin. When you jump up to the "Sight" the performance increase is huge. The Sight has some camber and All-Mtn Twin Rocker, side wall construction and way stronger flex.post #3 of 511/28/11 at 10:01ampost #4 of 511/28/11 at 2:29pmThread Starter
- Did I buy too long? 179 K2 Press Skis
- Choosing A Ski Length
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 29 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 41 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer