Hi, I'm 18 years old and am 6'0" tall and weigh about 160lbs. For the past 8 years i've been snowboarding, but before that i skied (only maybe a half dozen times). From what i remember about my skiing experience, I could hold my own on blues and even ventured onto some blacks. This past spring I decided i was going to switch back to skiing after skiing with several friends. So i found a good deal and bought K2 Press-179's. I'm now wondering if I went too big. I didn't want to buy skis that i would get bored of quickly as my skilled progressed ( I ski(starting this year, snowboarding previous years) on the east coast several times per week and plan to go out west at least once this year). I wanted these skis to be good for all mountain, as well as in the park. I also heard to buy rockered skis 5-10cm longer, and these have some sort of park rocker. I'm now second guessing myself and wondering if I will struggle at first. I've also played ice hockey my whole life, and remember skiing to be much like ice skating, which i'm hoping will help me progress much quicker. So if anyone has any input, i would love to hear it! Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Standardizing our heights and weights when discussing gear Last post on 6/7/13 at 1:29pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Question re: Ski Sizing Last post on 2/21/13 at 5:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- How *should* boots fit Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:10pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- East Coast One Ski Quiver Last post on 8/2/15 at 12:22pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Beginner looking for first pair of skis Last post on 2/24/13 at 9:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Five Key Questions When Buying New Skis
Last edited: 9/7/12
- Choosing A Ski LengthLast edited: 12/6/12
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
- Rental Ski Boot SizingLast edited: 4/19/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Did I buy too long? 179 K2 Press Skispost #1 of 511/28/11 at 6:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/28/11 at 9:28am
You got the right size. Don't think you'll have any problem getting the ski to turn. It's really meant to be a first price point twin with JIB rocker and will do pretty well as an All-Mtn twin. When you jump up to the "Sight" the performance increase is huge. The Sight has some camber and All-Mtn Twin Rocker, side wall construction and way stronger flex.post #3 of 511/28/11 at 10:01ampost #4 of 511/28/11 at 2:29pmThread Starter
- Did I buy too long? 179 K2 Press Skis
- Choosing A Ski Length
- › MA my bump skiing 5 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 8 minutes ago
- › Level 2 Attained! 8 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 10 minutes ago
- › Kastle skis -- vastly overrated ! What do you think ? 16 minutes ago
- › Looking for ski pals next week, starting 3/17/17 - Powder Mtn and... 18 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 24 minutes ago
- › Pyrenees couloir skiing 26 minutes ago
- › Assistance with April 8 to 13th Trip to Anywhere... 28 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 35 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview