EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Did skiing with iPhone ever cause water damage?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Did skiing with iPhone ever cause water damage?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

My first iPhone just bit the dust a few weeks ago due to water damage.

 

I wouldn't like this to happen again, especially on the slopes.

 

I always considered my jacket pocket to be dry, but I don't know.

 

 

 

Has skiing ever damaged your iPhone?

post #2 of 11

No, but I hope it does at some point this season so I can get a new one.

post #3 of 11

Not mine, but a buddy killed his this way.  He carries it in a ziploc bag now.

post #4 of 11

No problem yet.

 

Fingers crossed.

post #5 of 11

Ziplock bag works wonders. I've done centuries in the rain with the phone in my (very wet) jersey pocket without problems.

post #6 of 11

Damaged the view screen of a cell phone a number of years ago, now use a sandwich bag.

post #7 of 11

As others have mentioned, buy a box of those snack-sized ziploc baggies (work better than the sandwich size. I've found that if I get snow on it, it can get damaged. Plus if I'm hiking around and getting sweaty, the sweat usually gets to my phone in the pocket I like to use.

post #8 of 11

I ski with it all the time, but my jacket has an awesome inside pocket... However the headphones got wet from having a yard sale in Tahoe and they stopped working.. 

post #9 of 11

Get a liferproof case: http://www.lifeproof.com/lifeproof-store/apple-cases/iphone-4 thing is waterproof and doesn't add a lot of bulk.

post #10 of 11

YES. I ruined mine both skiing and mountain biking. A bud of mine ruined his while skiing too. Water damage due to moisture from sweat, or impacts.

Use a snack baggie -- cheap insurance.

 

post #11 of 11

The surface of the earth is 70% water the other 30% is covered with dust. The human body is 70% water. People are inherently dirty and sweaty.  I can't believe they make "personal electronics" with out taking into account these basic facts. But its true. Get a "ruggedized" personal electronics the only ones designed for normal every day life.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Did skiing with iPhone ever cause water damage?