So it has been clarified on here that I have outgrown my original skis which are the Rossi S7.pro from last year they are size 160cm in length (they have no rocker but are twintip) and I am 135 5'8. Too bad because I only had them for a year and I got them with my boots and I am afriad my boots are beginning to be to small! (sucks growing) I am going to continue skiing them to learn spins and get good at those before I get new boards but I would rather not delay because whether it is mental or truth, I feel like my skis are indeed a little short when it comes to crud and powder. I know I still need a lot of work in these areas but if the small thought of my skis at all holding my back even comes close to my mind it has detrimental affects on my skiing from lack of confidence. So I would like to save up for new boards for Christmas but new skis would involve selling my current ones to use the money for new ones. So I am absolutely unacquainted with the used market for skis so someone fill me in, if I am going to sell my skis, it won't be at the cost of valueable skiing days over Christmas break which would probably be when it would take place, so if I sell them on Ebay, I could specify I can't ship them out until 5 days after payment or something but then I run into conflict where I assume there will be much greater demand for them prior to christmas and if I were to get skis it would of course have to be on christmas day! So first I have to think, should I get skis now or just push one more full season out of these which they will continue to get smaller as I grow and try to get some kind of deal on a Demo at the end of the season.
So to the point, how might I go about selling these boards to bring me the most money I can use towards new skis, I will give my probably budget in a sec, the skis just got waxed but the depressing thing is Saturday I was skiing Alta (that's where I ski BTW) and my right ski jammed hard on a hidden treasure and took out a good size chip out of the bottom that is fairly deep but doesn't touch the edge, the skis are mounted I think at the reccomended line with pretty nice Rossignol bindings with 100mm brake and 4-12 DIN i don't know what they are but yeah, how should I approach getting that fixed and then how should I go about selling them? (with bindings mounted, bindings seperate etc) if I am not to get new skis for Christmas I would probably have to get new boots depending if they break in after a couple more times. Talking budget:
-(How much I get for my skis)+200$ (selling leatt neck brace) + 100$ (cash) and then I could get the bindings and have them mounted as a gift so long as I cover the cost of the skis which would have to be under 550 and I could maybe stretch it to 600$ to allow for Czar's or something. No Benchetlers, Rocker 2's etc, too expensive.
Buying skis: Buy them at the local ski shop, Ebay (new or used), Backcountry.com????
Skis: I would like something definately twintip, rocker, and at least 100mm underfoot. I would get them with bindings mounted slightely forwards because I plan to get better over the next few years and yes I would neeed to keep them for around 2 years without outgrowing them so refer me to a size that would allow for this
Share your opinions