EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear › New with tags Spyder tarantula pants, Medium, full length zippers $70 shipped
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New with tags Spyder tarantula pants, Medium, full length zippers $70 shipped

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

The closet clear out continues.  New spyder tarantula pants,still with tags.   Black, full length side zippers, suspenders. Size medium long.  Great pants, great deal @ $70 shipped.  Decided I didn't like black ski gear! smile.gif

 

DSC01608.JPG

DSC01609.JPG

post #2 of 22

You are killing me man......beercheer.gif

post #3 of 22

What is the waterproof rating on these? I'm getting conflicting info online but am interested in them. Thanks! Also, are they the 40 gm insulation?

post #4 of 22

I'm pretty sure Spyder claims 20K on those.

post #5 of 22

I have owned a couple pair of the Tarantulas.  Great pant & a killer price.  I find Spyder stuff generally runs a bit large.  A small regular fits me perfect, or I would probably jump on these.

 

JF

post #6 of 22

I'm def very interested in them for my husband. He is typically between a M and L so I figure the M would be perfect. Just want to confirm the DWR rating as some sites show it as 10 and some do show it as 20, but then one showed them at 5??

 

His current shell pants are 15 years old!! Time for a new pair. He's pretty low-maintenance as you can tell. :D

post #7 of 22

Spyder doesn't produce anything under 10k, even the toddler's stuff is 10k+
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contesstant View Post

I'm def very interested in them for my husband. He is typically between a M and L so I figure the M would be perfect. Just want to confirm the DWR rating as some sites show it as 10 and some do show it as 20, but then one showed them at 5??

 

His current shell pants are 15 years old!! Time for a new pair. He's pretty low-maintenance as you can tell. :D



 

post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 

SOLD!  thanks for all the interest!

post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4g63 View Post

You are killing me man......beercheer.gif



Just think of me as your crack dealer Andy!.  biggrin.gif 

post #10 of 22

Dude, I replied first with a def interested and you quietly sold them to someone else? NOT cool!

post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by contesstant View Post

Dude, I replied first with a def interested and you quietly sold them to someone else? NOT cool!



Sorry Dude, as a LOT of people here will confirm, I am VERY reliable and fair.  You responded that you were interested.  I also had an email from someone else confirming he wanted them and with payment details.  Want + payment beats interested in this case I'm afraid so I do not believe there is anything uncool about this.    

 

I have dealt with the buyer before and he has the option of returning them if they do not fit him, so you can be next in line....

post #12 of 22

I could vouch for the reputation and honesty of ScotSkier. .....

I had bought more than few items from him including skis, clothing, protection gear.... Everything was exactly/ I mean exactly 100%/ the way it was in the original description of the product he was selling...... I bought skis- perfect; pants-perfect; shorts-perfect. I honestly doubt, that he is being dishonest....

He even sent me the pants I bought from him in advance, before he received any payment from me,because I was short on cash... I sent the payment 10days later........ Contesstant, I am pretty sure it was the way he says.... I feel for you, because the pants were awesome and so was the price...

post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by contesstant View Post

Dude, I replied first with a def interested and you quietly sold them to someone else? NOT cool!

Wow, aren't we feeling whiny today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post
  Want + payment beats interested in this case I'm afraid so I do not believe there is anything uncool about this.    

/\/\ QFT

post #14 of 22

It would  have been nice had you updated the thread during the day, then. It was pretty obvious I was checking in regularly--paypal or whatever method of payment not being an issue. Nothing was stated about the secret squirrel route of PMing. I didn't say dishonesty was involved, just thought based on me having the first post of sincere interest, I had "first right of refusal" as we say in the horse business. So I was honestly shocked this morning that they were sold to someone who hadn't even posted interest. I was under the impression that if you want PM's of interest, you state that in your post.

 

And Sinecure, really?? Very classy.

post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post

Wow, aren't we feeling whiny today?


/\/\ QFT



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by contesstant View Post

It would  have been nice had you updated the thread during the day, then. It was pretty obvious I was checking in regularly--paypal or whatever method of payment not being an issue. Nothing was stated about the secret squirrel route of PMing. I didn't say dishonesty was involved, just thought based on me having the first post of sincere interest, I had "first right of refusal" as we say in the horse business. So I was honestly shocked this morning that they were sold to someone who hadn't even posted interest. I was under the impression that if you want PM's of interest, you state that in your post.

 

And Sinecure, really?? Very classy.

BSmeter.gif
 

Seriously?  Wow, you really don't get out much do you?    Don't know about you but I have a life outside the interweb and my clients that pay the bills take precedence over updating Epic.    However if it makes you feel better, I am very  sorry that between spending 4 hours driving to the bay, 8 hours with my client and 4 hours driving back that I omitted to update this thread rolleyes.gif.

 

 

Not sure how it works selling horses, but based on all my selling experience, the only thing that counts is the person who says they WANT it and ponies (gettit?) up.    If i have to educate you that the easiest way to do business is via a PM (as i'm pretty sure most posters here know!) - feel educated!.  as Andy4G63 pointed out i get lots of repeat buyers here, and I don't get that from jacking people about.

 

If you like send me your email and i will put you on the pre=posting mailing list  so you can get sneak previews...

ski.gif  Black friday is coming

 

thanks Sinecure!  maybe we should  refer to the TGR rules???  !!!

 

 

 

post #16 of 22

It's like walking into a room full of silverbacks, full of testosterone, pounding their chests.

 

"You WOMAN, YOU STUPID!" Do you feel better now that you've hurled some condescending insults my way? BS Meter, really?

 

Ignorant of some of the unwritten "rules" around here? God forbid yes. Stupid? Nope.

 

ETA one thing that stinks about the internet is that things get very lost in translation. Had I said, "DUDE!..." then inserted a TIC afterward, which is how it was meant to be taken, perhaps the response would have been a bit more, err, measured? Instead, the metaphor about silverbacks kicked into play and the beating down of the stupid, ignorant woman began.

 

One thing I try to live by daily is the mantra, "be kind to everyone, because everyone has their struggles and everyone has a story." My story relates to my husband most likely deploying for the Air Force next spring. And I'll leave it at that.


Edited by contesstant - 11/23/11 at 12:18pm
post #17 of 22

Um... everyone want to go back to your corners now?  No one is polishing their public image in this thread.

 

Maybe we could post a sticky on the "for sale" forum or clarify common practices.

This is how I understand them:
"I want them", "Sold", "I'll take them; send payment info" = definite purchase.  This trumps all other potential buyers or expressions of interest.

"I'm interested" = just that: interest.  I'm looking and thinking about them, I'm a potential buyer; please put me at the top of the potential buyer list.

"Please post pics", "include more info" =  I'm window shopping.  If more info moves me, I'll make a definite offer later.

 

Also, PM's are the best method for assuring contact, but posting on the public forum is also a good idea to establish position.

Public postings should also always be accompanied by a PM.

 

And finally, remember that the "for sale" forum is just that: a first-come/first-served open market service.  People are free to sell off-forum, to someone they know or trust better, or NOT to me if they don't like me.  Only ill will or deliberate bad-dealing is really worthy of being called out. 

post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch View Post

Um... everyone want to go back to your corners now?  No one is polishing their public image in this thread.

Maybe we could post a sticky on the "for sale" forum or clarify common practices.
This is how I understand them:

"I want them", "Sold", "I'll take them; send payment info" = definite purchase.  This trumps all other potential buyers or expressions of interest.
"I'm interested" = just that: interest.  I'm looking and thinking about them, I'm a potential buyer; please put me at the top of the potential buyer list.
"Please post pics", "include more info" =  I'm window shopping.  If more info moves me, I'll make a definite offer later.

Also, PM's are the best method for assuring contact, but posting on the public forum is also a good idea to establish position.
Public postings should also always be accompanied by a PM.

And finally, remember that the "for sale" forum is just that: a first-come/first-served open market service.  People are free to sell off-forum, to someone they know or trust better, or NOT to me if they don't like me.  Only ill will or deliberate bad-dealing is really worthy of being called out. 

You called it correct tch

Contess tant, the only person throwing insults here is you im afraid!
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post


You called it correct tch
Contess tant, the only person throwing insults here is you im afraid!


Seriously, calling on the BS Meter, saying I don't get out much, dropping the "joke" about ponying up were VERY insulting, and were meant to be that way. I apologize for not being more clear that I was trying to talk like I would to someone I can pile a fair amount of hooey on, which I thought the word dude would imply. It clearly did not and I'm sorry about that.

 

tch, that makes more sense, but honestly, in other forums I have visited, people who want correspondence via PM state so explicitly. I have a lot more stuff to gather/buy for an enjoyable winter of skiing before the black cloud that's hanging out finds it's way here. (The deployment, but wait, I don't get out much! My family and I just move all over the country to places we don't care to live and try to make the best of it!) Honestly, most people have NO idea the challenges of this, especially after nearly 18 years. One of them is establishing good relationships with local businesses, etc. In the end, I think we tend to get hosed a lot. So yes, I am a titch sensitive about it.

 

I will say this again: "Be kind to everyone, because everyone has their struggles and everyone has a story."

 

 

post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by contesstant View Post

Dude, I replied first with a def interested and you quietly sold them to someone else? NOT cool!



"def interested" and "I'll buy, subject to" are not the same.

 

I get tire kickers all the time and don't feel like answering all kinds of detail questions - first one that says "I'll take em" wins.

 

And yes, the poster should update to say that he has 14.3 responses, all tire kickers, with three wanting to know size, 4 wanting to know brand, 6 wanting to know color, and one wanting to know DWR rating and amount of insulation.

 

Next time there's something you want, say "I'll take it subject to...." Simple, no?

post #21 of 22

I thought I was on TGR for a minute until I realized there was no swearing and references to mfs etc..

 

kinda boring, actually  jk.gif

post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfp158 View Post

I thought I was on TGR for a minute until I realized there was no swearing and references to mfs etc..

 

kinda boring, actually  jk.gif



Yeah, trying to be restrained here......  thought Just Once Not Going to take an easy shot at the princess who obviously has enough issues already...hopmad.gif.- 

 

(I assume it is a she but since this is the wild wild world of the Interwebz......- My name is Peggy????........ who knows - it may be the guy in Nigeria that still owes me $10m for the skis I sent him redface.gif

 

However, I am going to look through the closet to see if I have another pair of pants I can send for her husband, i am thinking the guy deserves/needs them...   .redface.gif...

 

Seriously though, Contessa, please accept my deep and sincere apologies for not seeing your post that said you WANTED TO BUY them, (oh wait, you didn't as everyone has pointed out to you...)   As you say, everyone has a story and you probably do not realize that you are denigrating one of your elders  who is also part of a minority group.  I guess at my advanced years I should just be grateful that I can still be called dude.....popcorn.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by ScotsSkier - 11/25/11 at 10:19am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear › New with tags Spyder tarantula pants, Medium, full length zippers $70 shipped