Im a long time lurker on these forums and am trying to decide on a resort to base myself at this winter. I have enough money to get through the season without a job, although id like to pick one up at some point. Im looking at everything in BC but would like to avoid Whistler / Big White as im not really after a party scene and the crowds that follow them. Pretty much just looking for consistent snow, tonnes of terrain, no people and a non terrible lift system.
Things ive heard:
- Good snow, great bowl skiing
- Gets crowded on weekends
- Rain can wash out the base mid season
- Cool town/vibe and possibly easier to get a job
- Amazing snow and terrain (50% of people)
- Average snow and only top 1000 feet of vert usable (50% of people)
- Harder to get a job
- No crowds
Also looking at Kicking Horse, although ive heard the snow is hit or miss, and Red Mountain, which looks a bit small. Im just looking for some thoughts and opinions.
Im 24, happy to be by myself most of the time, not really into drinking, got full avy gear, just want to adventure.