and yet another request for ski guidance..the particulars.... age 63...5'5" about 120 lbs...advanced skier who hasn't skied in 2 years... ski New England w/ an occaisional foray westward... ski mostly front side now (minor knee issues and a bit slower than in my youth!!) Any thoughts???
Related Forum Threads
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- Reports from SIA Copper: 95mm-The new hot category, Thumbnails Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:45pm in Member Gear Reviews
- If you could be sponsored... Last post on 4/24/14 at 12:48pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ski Magazine Buyer's Guide 2013 -Test Skis Disclosed Last post on 6/27/12 at 10:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Manufacturer Standings - Head, Salomon (??) and then Atomic ! Last post on 12/8/11 at 4:10am in Racing and Big Mountain Competitions
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Last edited: 12/7/12
- 2016 Dynastar TWIN CollectionLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2016 Dynastar Powertrack 79 Ca ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 4/25/11
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
newb in forum herepost #1 of 411/16/11 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #2 of 411/16/11 at 2:48pm
I am right about your size. For eastern front side skiing, my current favorite is an Elan junior gs race ski in 170. It has good flexibility even at my light weight, it has excellent hold on ice and it is lots of fun. Jr. race skis are also a bargain, especially last year's models. I also tried the Atomics Jr. GS also in 170 which are also excellent. It is not an all mountain ski but it is more versatile than you might think. I also have a Dynastar exclusive Legend in a 75 waist that was good - not the hold of a gs but better in ungroomed and bumps. I just got fat skis but haven't tried them yet.post #3 of 411/17/11 at 7:40amThread Starter
- newb in forum here
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2016 Dynastar TWIN Collection
- › Bad idea to practice on 27m skis before a 30m race? 21 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 26 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 27 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 34 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 59 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 59 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Before and after 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood lodging options? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview