I've been thinking of buying powder cords as I've lost a ski twice in deep powder and it took about a half hour each time to find it. Like everyone else's experience, it always seems to end up being where you would least expect it. Unlike the person that Bob peters saw, i don't intend to use them unless there actually is deep powder, and won't have them dragging behind me. My question is what are the downsides of using them. Tree wells? is it a problem in really deep snow if you take a fall? They seem like a good idea, but I've seen some people say only the "tourists" use them, etc. I am typically a tourist when I'm sking of course, but don't like the idea of permanently losing a ski and/or spending long periods of time looking for a ski. It's only happened twice in many years of sking, but i suspect it will happen again sometime. On the other hand, if there's some good reasons not to use them, I'd like to know that as well.
- categoryPowder Cordstagged by marznc, 12/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- Pow Tales website now has videos. Last post on 11/6/16 at 3:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Powder leashes Last post on 4/30/16 at 3:41pm in General Skiing Discussion
- What do you use for powder leashes? Last post on 5/17/16 at 4:04pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- new powder cord / leash finalized design for sale Last post on 1/2/17 at 1:10pm in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Do Powder Straps work? Last post on 2/21/13 at 4:21am in General Skiing Discussion
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Powder cords - Page 2
I just have to report something I saw in line for the Jackson Hole tram the other day.
First off, it's important to understand that it had not snowed in about three days, so any inbounds "powder" that might be found would have to be scooped up from a large area and dumped into one spot to actually cover a ski.
Anyway, there was a guy in line for the tram trailing his 8-foot-long pink powder cords behind him attached to his boots as everyone shuffled along in the line. I looked hard at him to try to figure out if he was doing this as a joke. Probably about 35 years old, wearing a day ticket (not a season pass) and carrying some wide K2 skis (not sure of the model).
It's the first time I've ever in my life seen someone trailing powder cords in the tram line. You learn something new every day.
You laugh but if he ever looses his boots he's set.
- Powder cords
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 7 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 8 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 14 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 19 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 20 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 21 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 24 minutes ago
- › Expectations for two days of kids lessons? 24 minutes ago
- › Stökli with M AM12 C90 bindings? 50 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview