I've been thinking of buying powder cords as I've lost a ski twice in deep powder and it took about a half hour each time to find it. Like everyone else's experience, it always seems to end up being where you would least expect it. Unlike the person that Bob peters saw, i don't intend to use them unless there actually is deep powder, and won't have them dragging behind me. My question is what are the downsides of using them. Tree wells? is it a problem in really deep snow if you take a fall? They seem like a good idea, but I've seen some people say only the "tourists" use them, etc. I am typically a tourist when I'm sking of course, but don't like the idea of permanently losing a ski and/or spending long periods of time looking for a ski. It's only happened twice in many years of sking, but i suspect it will happen again sometime. On the other hand, if there's some good reasons not to use them, I'd like to know that as well.
- categoryPowder Cordstagged by marznc, 12/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- Pow Tales website now has videos. Last post on 11/6/16 at 3:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Powder leashes Last post on 4/30/16 at 3:41pm in General Skiing Discussion
- What do you use for powder leashes? Last post on 5/17/16 at 4:04pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- new powder cord / leash finalized design for sale Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:12pm in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Do Powder Straps work? Last post on 2/21/13 at 4:21am in General Skiing Discussion
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Powder cords - Page 2
I just have to report something I saw in line for the Jackson Hole tram the other day.
First off, it's important to understand that it had not snowed in about three days, so any inbounds "powder" that might be found would have to be scooped up from a large area and dumped into one spot to actually cover a ski.
Anyway, there was a guy in line for the tram trailing his 8-foot-long pink powder cords behind him attached to his boots as everyone shuffled along in the line. I looked hard at him to try to figure out if he was doing this as a joke. Probably about 35 years old, wearing a day ticket (not a season pass) and carrying some wide K2 skis (not sure of the model).
It's the first time I've ever in my life seen someone trailing powder cords in the tram line. You learn something new every day.
You laugh but if he ever looses his boots he's set.
- Powder cords
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 35 seconds ago
- › does anybody ever get scared of heights on chairlifts? 4 minutes ago
- › Brilliant Skiing Every Day by Weems Westfeldt - free download 13 minutes ago
- › 2017 Nordica Enforcer 100 185 w/ 2017 Marker Griffons $650 13 minutes ago
- › best ski helmet for kids 16 minutes ago
- › The Barriers To Good Skiing 27 minutes ago
- › 2016 Super 7's 30 minutes ago
- › Salomon X-Pro 80 Boots 27.5 (Men's) 33 minutes ago
- › Footbeds 39 minutes ago
- › copper snow making 44 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues