New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

renegade?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Wondering if someone has a bit of time on a set of 186's. I have read a lot of reviews on them, but they are mostly by people who skied them a few runs, I have that experience. I really struggled with the ski, but I was in less than ideal conditions both times and I only skied 2-3 runs. I have an opportunity to get a set of them for cheap. I have some friends who love them but lack any form of objectivity and want an "outside of my circle" opinion. I do ski a lot, but do not weigh much and it is a big stiff ski. I really like the shape, but that doesnt mean shit cuz that thing spanked me. Any info. is greatly appreciated. Ryon

post #2 of 11

You need to tell us more about your skiing, where you ski, your size, etc.

post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

You need to tell us more about your skiing, where you ski, your size, etc.


Jay T, why?  OP, did you search Tech Talk over at TGR?  If I struggled with a ski a few runs and didn't know why, I would move on. But that is just me.

 

post #4 of 11

Because maybe he's 5 foot 6 and 135 pounds and then no wonder the Renegades at 186 kicked his ass.  You're seriously asking me why knowing how tall / heavy someone is would be relevant to talking about a specific ski?

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 

I am 6'3 and a 165 lbs wet! I ski everyday, generally, once things go full force. 39 years old. I live in Idaho and spend half of my days in the BC. I think???? I am a pretty aggressive skier, not a jibber though! I do like to take air, but its more like shooting off of things going fast, not much into being tricky, other than a daffy and those have not been cool for a long time. Currently ski a 192 czar and 192 TST, I have had 194 xxl, 188 s7, 186 scratch bc.

 

As far as moving on from the ski cuz it didn't click, I never skied in decent conditions for that ski. It was always on some form of hard pack: ice groomers or ice chunder.........No POW. The price is right and I do not want to miss out if its a great ski and I just had bad timing for trying it.

 

I tried to search TGR but didnt get much, but I do not think I was in the tech lounge. I cant get through all the bro brahh stuff! I will try again.

post #6 of 11

Based on everything I've heard about the Renegades and what you said, it seems like you should love them.  They're pretty popular so if you do give them a chance, you won't have any trouble selling them for a decent price used.

post #7 of 11

the Renegade is pretty similar in dimensions, will likely ski similar, more so than many other options. so if you don't like the Czar, why buy the Ren, another straight as sh%t ski?

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by butryon View Post

I am 6'3 and a 165 lbs wet! I ski everyday, generally, once things go full force. 39 years old. I live in Idaho and spend half of my days in the BC. I think???? I am a pretty aggressive skier, not a jibber though! I do like to take air, but its more like shooting off of things going fast, not much into being tricky, other than a daffy and those have not been cool for a long time. Currently ski a 192 czar and 192 TST, I have had 194 xxl, 188 s7, 186 scratch bc.

 

As far as moving on from the ski cuz it didn't click, I never skied in decent conditions for that ski. It was always on some form of hard pack: ice groomers or ice chunder.........No POW. The price is right and I do not want to miss out if its a great ski and I just had bad timing for trying it.

 

I tried to search TGR but didnt get much, but I do not think I was in the tech lounge. I cant get through all the bro brahh stuff! I will try again.



Seriously?

 

there's only a 13 page thread

 

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/199463-4FRNT-Renegade-Hand-built-in-SLC.

 

You're welcome....BRAH!rolleyes.gif

post #9 of 11


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

You need to tell us more about your skiing, where you ski, your size, etc.

 Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

Because maybe he's 5 foot 6 and 135 pounds and then no wonder the Renegades at 186 kicked his ass.  You're seriously asking me why knowing how tall / heavy someone is would be relevant to talking about a specific ski?


Good guess, he is a light weight, but likely kicks ass.  I knew there was a solid post on TGR, so frankly, didn't need to hear his story to answer his question.

 

post #10 of 11

OP, likewise, you can buy previous year model Stockli's in a 194cm online for about $399 quite often. Same model in a 174cm is going to cost you $599 or more. know why? very few people can ski the 194cm, or 184's for that matter, do you see where I'm going?

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 

Davluri......I like the czar, a lot. They have just been beat down for the past two seasons and I don think they can make it another. I have not skied a Stockli, but hear good stuff. I am limited to what my local shop has to offer. I assume most brands have a great heavy hitter ski and I can find something with out leaving the local store.

 

Ecimortal, thanks for the link...I swear I tried. Maybe if I bro brahhh'd a bit more my search(or computer skills) would work better. I promise I tried though!

 

Liv2ski, sounds as if you like argueing over ones inability to use a search function.....and write about it.

 

JayT, thanks for trying to help.

 

Based off the 13pg read they sound great. I have some good skis in the quiver, imo, and think the renegade will be a great POW ski and wont see much, or any, of the resort.

 

Thanks to all though, and if you guys find yourselves stuck on I-15 between Utah and Jackson, let me know and I will show ya where some fun stuffs at.

Ryon

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion