I had a feeling those 100mm boots were too wide.
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer Vacuum Boot Fitting Last post on 11/17/12 at 8:57pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Help with buying boots and bindings to go with my new Fischer XC Superlight Crown Last post on 11/8/11 at 3:12pm in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- Atomic quality - strange story and request for information. Last post on 10/31/11 at 1:18pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2012 Fischer Vacuum Ski Boot: A Game Changer Last post on 2/1/14 at 10:48am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Good BC/XC setup? For the do it yourself, necessitorizor. Last post on 1/28/11 at 2:59pm in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
2016 Lange Buyers Guide
Last edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
- What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot for 2013-14Last edited: 2/5/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 4/25/11
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
3 Buckle (3 piece shell) -vs- 4 Buckle (2 piece shell) Boots? - Page 2post #31 of 3211/21/11 at 10:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3211/21/11 at 10:16amQuote:Originally Posted by AustinFromSA
Well, after trying on a few more pairs on Friday, the Dalbello Krypton (Storm, I believe?) ended up being the best fit by far.
Her Icelantic Oracles are at the shop getting the bindings mounted, so hoping to get some turns in on Thanksgiving Day. Will give a report after she skis them. Thanks for the input, everyone!
Congrats to you/her on getting the boots.
I had a similar experience when trying boots 2 years ago. I tried at least a dozen different boots (both demoing boots on slope and in the ski shops), and the one that absolutely ft me the best was Full Tilt. After punching out the shells for my boney ankles. For me the lesson learned is a good bootfitter will make more of a difference than whether it's a cabrio (3-piece) or 2- piece shell.
Personally, I really like the progressive flex of the tonge and I can really feel the energy applied on the tongue it more responsive. However, for most recreational skiers, the emphasis seems to be about lateral movement to engage edges, so forward flex is not as important. My girlfriend got a pair of Atomic Live Fit boots with a 70 flex index, which by the way, has two buckles. It also has flex zones built into the forefoot of the shell. For her, it is a very comfortable fit, and still enough lateral responsiveness to quickly make turns. For her current level of skiing, it's a perfect boot.
- 3 Buckle (3 piece shell) -vs- 4 Buckle (2 piece shell) Boots?
- Salomon Ski Boots
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 32 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Jacket Recommendation 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Intuition liners to replace my Hotronics? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Early season GS Training (video) 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Atomic Live Fit Shell suitable for stretching? 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › 10 epic years. 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Always facing uphill 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues