I had a feeling those 100mm boots were too wide.
Related Forum Threads
- Fischer Vacuum Boot Fitting Last post on 11/17/12 at 8:57pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Help with buying boots and bindings to go with my new Fischer XC Superlight Crown Last post on 11/8/11 at 3:12pm in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- Atomic quality - strange story and request for information. Last post on 10/31/11 at 1:18pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2012 Fischer Vacuum Ski Boot: A Game Changer Last post on 2/1/14 at 10:48am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Good BC/XC setup? For the do it yourself, necessitorizor. Last post on 1/28/11 at 2:59pm in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
2016 Lange Buyers Guide
Last edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
- What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot for 2013-14Last edited: 2/5/13
- Ski Boots--The Most Important Piece of Gear You Will OwnLast edited: 11/16/15
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
3 Buckle (3 piece shell) -vs- 4 Buckle (2 piece shell) Boots? - Page 2post #31 of 3211/21/11 at 10:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3211/21/11 at 10:16amQuote:Originally Posted by AustinFromSA
Well, after trying on a few more pairs on Friday, the Dalbello Krypton (Storm, I believe?) ended up being the best fit by far.
Her Icelantic Oracles are at the shop getting the bindings mounted, so hoping to get some turns in on Thanksgiving Day. Will give a report after she skis them. Thanks for the input, everyone!
Congrats to you/her on getting the boots.
I had a similar experience when trying boots 2 years ago. I tried at least a dozen different boots (both demoing boots on slope and in the ski shops), and the one that absolutely ft me the best was Full Tilt. After punching out the shells for my boney ankles. For me the lesson learned is a good bootfitter will make more of a difference than whether it's a cabrio (3-piece) or 2- piece shell.
Personally, I really like the progressive flex of the tonge and I can really feel the energy applied on the tongue it more responsive. However, for most recreational skiers, the emphasis seems to be about lateral movement to engage edges, so forward flex is not as important. My girlfriend got a pair of Atomic Live Fit boots with a 70 flex index, which by the way, has two buckles. It also has flex zones built into the forefoot of the shell. For her, it is a very comfortable fit, and still enough lateral responsiveness to quickly make turns. For her current level of skiing, it's a perfect boot.
- 3 Buckle (3 piece shell) -vs- 4 Buckle (2 piece shell) Boots?
- Salomon Ski Boots
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 14 seconds ago
- › L3 finally in the books 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › DPS Cassiar F95 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand New Sweet Protection Trooper MIPS Helmet. Size L/XL 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview